My husband & I visit Las Vegas two to three times a year & have seen the good, the bad & the ugly. We enjoyed our stay at the HGVC on the LV Strip May 24-30. The location makes it suitable for visitors wanting to be on the scene, but not in the mix.
We exchanged through RCI for a two-bedroom suite, which contained everything we want while on vacation: full kitchen, washer & dryer (stacked, not full size), flat-screen TVs in bedrooms & living room, & free (reliable!) wi-fi.
Our first suite reeked of cigarette smoke. We gave it one night & requested a move to something that afforded a more pleasant breathing experience – the desk agent pleasantly made the transaction without question. Unfortunately I don’t remember which floor we nearly suffocated on (I think it was 20), but I do know it was below a smoking floor. So if you don’t want a smoky non-smoking room, just ask for a room on a floor neither above nor below the smoking floor.
Unlike other reviewers, we did not encounter problems with uncomfortable beds, dirty toilets, noisy neighbors, construction issues or loud pool music. I will agree with the reviewer who mentioned the understaffed pool bar. However, a refreshing margarita under the hot desert sun is worth a 10-minute wait. I would suggest hitting the pool by 9 a.m. if you want a good spot. Pool restroom was clean, which was a huge plus for my cootiephobia.
We took a cab to Albertson’s (2575 S. Maryland Parkway) to load the kitchen up for the week. Cab ride was $12 each way. For shorter stays, I suggest the little market in the hotel or the CVS a few blocks away.
For a gambling fix, the Sahara is a 5-minute walk north.
We enjoyed our stay at this property, but we probably would not stay there again because of the location. We go to Vegas to party, so being on the scene AND in the mix is key. We stayed at the HGVC at the Flamingo for a week in August 2008 & found it to be perfect – great Hilton standards & centrally located in the middle of the Strip (& an awesome pool scene!). If it weren’t for HGVC’s one-visit-per-four-years rule for RCI exchangers, we would’ve stayed there again instead of this property.
Questions? Drop me an e-mail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard is located at the north end of the world-renowned Las Vegas Strip, offers convenience and luxury to business and leisure travelers with well appointed studios and one and two bedroom suites. The resort is a short distance from the Las Vegas Convention Center and convenient to the I-15 Freeway, as well as easy access to nearby shopping, Fashion Show Mall and the Las Vegas Premium Outlets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites On The Las Vegas Strip Hotel Las Vegas
- Hilton Hotel Las Vegas
- Hilton Las Vegas
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Las Vegas Strip
- Las Vegas Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacations Strip Las Vegas