My husband and I were to stay here for a week in March 2009 through our timeshare. We thought the location on the strip would be convenient, but it was not. The building is surrounded mostly by construction and you are rather isolated. You can walk to the Stratosphere or to the Sahara Casinos. The hotel has no shuttle to the airport or anywhere.
The room itself was quite nice. It had a full kitchen, a king size bed and a jacuzzi bathtub. However maid service was a little lacking and careless. We found all sorts of chip bags and chocolate bar wrappers on the sofa- not under the seat cushions but just behind the loose cushions. We seemed to always be shorted on shampoo or soap or towels and would have to wait hours and hours to get anything.
Although the room looked nice and had all the amenities, the bed was a lower end bed (not the standard Hilton seems to use in most of it's hotels). The bed was not particularly comfortable and the bedding was something you would expect in a 2 star hotel.
The view from the room was of construction-on all sides. When we booked at this hotel there was no mention through our timeshare or through the hotel that there was any on-going construction. Construction is carried on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, unless the weather doesn't allow for it (high winds). The noise from the construction is enough to drive you to madness as you will spend your night and day listening to the beeping of trucks as they back up to load and unload materials, as well as the general banging that goes on during construction. We were first assigned to a room in Tower A (facing the strip and towards the newer part of the strip). We asked to have our room moved and were moved to a room in Tower B where we faced the Stratosphere and could look towards the mountains. Tower A faced the main part where the construction was happening. Tower B faced the storage area for the construction material and trucks. As we noticed the construction when we checked in and inquired about it, we were ensured that the noise did not bother the guests as they had had no complaints. They were wrong. When we requested to move rooms, the front desk was very accomodating and we were told we would be moved to another room that would not be bothered by the construction. They were wrong again. When we went to them a third time to discuss the issue, we were told that others (including a Hilton manager that was staying there for a meeting) had also complained. Eventually we were able to arrange a transfer to one of the other Hiltons, however by this time we had lost about 4 days of our week's vacation-time spent packing and unpacking as we moved from room to room and then from hotel to hotel. We had had no sleep and were stressed out from having to deal with the hotel as well as our timeshare company.
We would recommend this hotel once all the construction surrounding it is complete. It is nice enough, though for the time being it is removed from most of the action on the strip. The pool areas is nice (though the pools were not heated so it was too cold to use them in March). There is a little deli and market in the basement where you can buy some basic grocerieds (reasonably priced, considering) or you can order sandwiches, salads, etc. However, a restaurant on or near the premises would be nice. There was also a games room that always seemed to be packed with kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard is located at the north end of the world-renowned Las Vegas Strip, offers convenience and luxury to business and leisure travelers with well appointed studios and one and two bedroom suites. The resort is a short distance from the Las Vegas Convention Center and convenient to the I-15 Freeway, as well as easy access to nearby shopping, Fashion Show Mall and the Las Vegas Premium Outlets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites On The Las Vegas Strip Hotel Las Vegas
- Hilton Hotel Las Vegas
- Hilton Las Vegas
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Las Vegas Strip
- Las Vegas Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacations Strip Las Vegas