“Home away from Home”

GreenLeadersGold level
Anaheim, California
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Alara Hilton Grand Vacations is a great home away from home. It is located right on the Strip so that everything is walking distance. The entrance is right in the Miracle Mile Shops mall where kids can shop and eat at the food court.

The room lay out is great, rooms are apart and the living room/dining room area is in the middle. The projector and automatic screen is great and kept the kids busy! They watched 2 movies a night!

Services were great, everyone was very friendly.

The pool area is also good, no slides or anything for kids, but good enough to keep you cool!

Room Tip: Park on the 3rd level of the parking structure so that it will lead you to the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (832)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great accomodations-family friendly! Good place to stay in Las Vegas if you would prefer not to have a casino in the building. Also the bus stop is right outside the door and quite convenient. Bus goes up and down the strip and is a great way to travel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Excellent place to chill away from the sounds of the casinos, enjoy the pool and get a good night's sleep. Loved the blackout drapes and having a kitchen, the pool, free wi-fi and the gym!! I highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

1 Thank Jodel M
Paris, France
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Room is clean and very confortable BUT:
- no water in the room (complimentary or not
- no room service after 10pm!!!!!!!
- the front desk doesn't make any change!!!
- it's prohibited to enter the hotel with outer beverage or food

My advice: fire the manager of this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank stefan19100
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to write about your recent stay with us. We are truly concerned with the issues you experienced during your stay. We as a property do have room service available until midnight daily and on the weekends until 1:00am. We gladly welcome our guests to bring outside food and drinks to the property. Please contact the Assistant Resort Director at dgeorge@hgvc.com in regards to these concerns and the treatment you received at the front desk. We take pride in providing superior service to our guests and this valuable feedback assists us greatly.

Dana George
Assistant General Manager
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for a buddy's bachelor party during EDC (even though the group was not attending the event) because my buddy picked that weekend for all the activity going on in the clubs and the city. Overall Hotel was GREAT. We took a shuttle from the airport (like $7) and got dropped off. Entrance is a little unique as it's on the underside through parking lot and up an escalator, but the decor and art and glossy sheen around the hotel is beautiful. The bar inside is right in center but doesn't see too much action, the pool is modest and nice with good chairs and layout, and the pool staff at the bar -Juan and Omar- are hilarious and can talk world and soccer all day, and even Oscars cool too (just make sure to tell him Brasil/USA > Mexico soccer ;D) haha. All in good fun. Great guys. Vai Brasil & Go USA!!

The hotel staff were awesome and very, very, helpful when needed -let me elaborate- first night on our bachelor party and limo booked round of clubs it was my time to finally let loose and I got absolutely SHmammered and of course, lucky me, I subsequently lost my ID/CC/RoomKey (which i NEVER DO!!!) and I was barely coherent enough to catch a cab from (XS?) -with no money mind you- back to the hotel. The front desk was gracious enough to go through the security check with me, help me reassure the previously friendly, now pissed off, Nigerian cabbie that I would promptly pay him the next day once I sorted out my finances (whom which I would later make friends with and have a laugh about it with- Love Vegas!) Long story short the staff got me back into my room, and got me comfortably sleeping through the Vegas night...

Next day... go through the whole day trying to backtrace all the places we went during the crazy night to find my stuff, spend half the day on a wild goose chase, only to come up empty handed, come back to the room and find my CC/ID/RoomKey stuffed in the secret pocket of a jacket... I know i left with them, got into clubs with them, didn't come home with them??? Did i leave during the night to the room and stash them knowing I was that messed up? Did a buddy foresee my demise and pull the pre-emptive save? I. Will. Never. Know. Thats Vegas. Needless to say I had a great rest of the time and actually remembered all the pool parties and fun things we did. There were tons of girls and young tail both male and female alike running around bc of RDC. It was a great time...

Hotel is directly linked to miracle mile shopping center which makes drunken navigating lots of fun at the end of the night. Our room had an awesome Hollywood 3-D sign, Oscar, and sick painting of James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. It was epic. Room service was good too. (Salad/burger and fries) . All in all. Great time. Great stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the better and the suites are epic. If you can get one, do so...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Wellington
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were upgraded to a suite. Very spacious. Complete with kitchen and washing machine and dryer, spa bath. Roomy bathroom. It was more like an apartment. The staff at the Hilton Grand were very welcoming and helpful. Beautiful pool area. Bus stop right outside to go to the strip. The staff bend over backwards to help you. I would definately stay here again. Location was great away from the hussle and bussle of the strip. CVS store right next door for all your needs. We were told it was a rough area. I didn't feel unsafe at all.

Room Tip: Better views from the second tower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in April and it is in a very quiet location on the Strip. We selected a one bedroom king suite which was spacious and had a spa tub and a full kitchen complete with washer and dryer and full appliances which came in handy as we like to prepare some of our own meals. The pool area was lovely and we were always able to find chairs to lie on. The massage I had at this hotel was one of the best ever and it was nice to stay in a non-casino hotel which didn't reek of cigarette smoke. It was more like staying in a one bedroom apartment and I would definitely stay here again. The Strip bus was just outside the Grand Vacation Suites, but we didn't mind walking to the mall and even downtown. It was clean and comfortable and refreshing to be away from the hecticness of the crowds in the centre of the Strip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple