“Nice resort but walls are too thin”

Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard
Ranked #40 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 10, 2013

this is a nice property with nice staff. The time share presentation was short and to the point. My room had a city and mountain view. The property has a city bus stop in front of its property. The pool area is beautiful but the weather was too cold for me to enjoy it. The 1 bedroom was huge: full kitchen with washer and dryer, living room/dinning room with large picture window; bath room with separate shower; Jacuzzi are in between the bedroom and bathroom; bedroom with large picture window. Very nice gym. did not use spa, gift shop, etc. You can checkout DVDs from the Member's Lounge (very slow internet connection but I could never get it to work). Front desk was very helpful. Next door to the CVS which has reasonable prices, and Circus Circus is within walking distance. I like being away from the Strip, but it was within minutes from the Strip via the city bus (RTC). From my bedroom, I could hear my next door neighbors' conversation loud and clear - not good: the walls are too thin.

Room Tip: stay on the Resort side
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tripthisbowie

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The front desk staff was very courteous and friendly. The guest services staff was also friendly and welcoming. The room was very clean, and the bathroom was spotless. The food court was usually busy, but there is a CVS store across the street that has snacks and microwave meals that can be prepared in the room. The weather was cool, so we did not go to the pool which looked to be in great shape. It would be nice to have a full restaurant and bar in the facility. This end of the strip is rather isolated now that the Sahara is closed and fenced off which makes for a long walk around that fence to get to the Tramway stop. The derelict Fountainebleau Resort property across the street also detracts from the experience of staying in this part of the strip. It doesn't feel very safe walking around the empty streets after dark. That's a shame that this nice Hilton property has such neglected neighbors. Hopefully, the area will improve once the Sahara reopens in 2014 as the SLS Resort. Another disappointment was the process of trying to print a boarding pass in the business center. The dedicated computer for this free service couldn't establish a connection, and the three other computers in the room charged for Internet access which was rather irritating. We will be looking at the other Hilton properties in Vegas first when we plan our next trip.

2  Thank Mark1952
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Hilton Grand Vacations is by far the best place I've stayed in Las Vegas to date. The pool area, with plenty of palm trees to shade you or places to get sun, is a fantastic to relax at. The tiki bar has great food, plenty of drink and very social bar keeps. The rooms are phenomenal - large suites with full kitchen - granite counter tops everywhere, great "living room" area to unwind, beautiful granite bathroom with shower, and jacuzzi tub in the bedroom area for fun or relaxation. The staff is extremely accommodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Didn't use the spa - but it looks very nice. Maybe next time.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Raymond H
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was treated very rudely by one Hilton employee immediately after checking in. That kind of ruined the entire experience for us. First impressions are lasting.

If you can discount that, the hotel is neat and clean, the one bedroom suite was nicely appointed. Room was quiet and we were near the venting machines and ice machine and couldn't hear anything. Bed was very comfortable. Towels were soft and fluffy. Bathroom ok, but they should have put a fan in there. You can hear what's happening in the bathroom throughout the suite. That's awkward.

Pool area was under construction with drilling and dust flying, so that wasn't the greatest, but if you travel when it's done, it could be nice. It would have been nice to have the outdoor Grill open to serve food or drinks. It wasn't. The outdoor bathroom area was taped off during the construction so that was a drag too. I did find a little spot to sit in the sun, but propane from the nearby BBQ's was leaking and drifting right over us. We had to bail from the pool area.

Other Hilton personnel were very professional and pleasant. The deli/market/Starbucks downstairs was pretty good as a source for snacks and a quick bite. Really nice to have Starbucks right there. I looked for something to buy as a souvenir but there wasn't much to choose from.

Workout room was well equipped with quality Precor machines. Nice touch Hilton. The recreation room was nice looking with a big TV, pool table and a couple of computers.

I looked in on the Spa area but didn't use it so can't remark.

Overall the extras (pool, spa, store, deli) were not very remarkable considering you are in Las Vegas.

Nice touch that the facility is no smoking throughout. I appreciated that. And that it is a non gaming facility too. Kids can come here and you'd feel pretty good about it.

You don't need a car as Hilton has an arrangement with a local shuttle to get you to/from airport. There is also a bus that runs along the strip 24hrs right out front of the place that's very reasonable and get's you anywhere you want to go along the strip.

My view out the room window was of a building that has gone bankrupt, and stands empty and unfinished. We were told this bldg. has been recently purchased and will be made beautiful soon. In addition, more new resorts are going up around the Hilton, so it will take what now isn't a very appealing neighborhood and make it more attractive and fresh.

I think if you go when there isn't any construction going on at the pool, you will find it a nice experience. And I think the rude young lady was an exception to what you would normally find.

I think we just hit a few bumps during our visit. I will not be going back as Vegas has so many other options to choose from.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey of your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the rude behavior you described by our team member after check in. At your earliest convenience please contact our Guest Service Manager, Erica Trailor at etrailor@hgvc.com so that we may discuss this incident further. We would like to be able to identify the individual so that we can coach them accordingly. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, the fitness center and the Marketplace Deli. My apologies that the Waves Bar and Grill was closed for the season during your stay and our pool was undergoing our renovation project. The bar and grill is open seasonally from March to about October (weather permitting) and our renovation is due to be completed by the end of March. We certainly hope you give us another opportunity to create a positive memorable experience on a return stay. We look forward to any future reservations should your travels bring you back to Las Vegas.

Domenick Turco
Resort Director

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Beds were great, room was comfortable, staff was great, friendly, checkout was easy, printed our boarding passes for us and offered to let us stay past checkout. We never had to wait for a taxi, the pool was well maintained, room was clean and the kitchen was fully equipped.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were delighted with our 1 bedroomed suite. Kitchen area with range cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, coffee machine & all equipment. Comfortable settee, dining room table & chairs, large Flat screen TV also in bedroom. Super comfy bed, lots of wardrobe space, safe, large bathroom. Marketplace serves good snacks.
Only downside is vey poor internet connection.
Situated at the bottom of The Strip good walk to centre strip. Deuce bus service from outside hotel very good 8$ for 24 hours. Fremont street downtown worth a visit cheaper food & drinks fab entertainment in evening, Mob Museum very interesting. Will definitely go back to Hilton Grand.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I purchased the package and treated myself a vacation in Vegas. At check-in everything seemed perfect. The front desk and welcome center people were all friendly and nice. It's upscale, peaceful without the noise and smoke and crowd, and just like any other Hilton I'd stayed in.

The studio I was staying in for my 3-night vacation was not very spacious. The bathtub was NOT THE CLEANEST I'd seen in a Hilton property. At first sight I thought I was ripped off by this $200 package, but considering it also included a $200 certificate for a night at any Hilton hotel in the US and show tickets and dinner vouchers and 15,000 pts (which I have received immediately), it's not so bad to go to the sales pitch.

The first person I met at the presentation was not bad. He was nice and friendly. I actually had an open mind about this thing because my parents were indeed in need of a timeshare plan. The whole thing was not as long as I thought. This was ruined when his "supervisor" came in and began to spit out some crazy numbers I didn't get. And after that, when I lost my interest totally, a "service survey" person came to pitch a mini package. When I said no in the end, he seemed pissed off and stood up and left in a sudden. That was so unexpected and unnecessary IMO. Part of me guessed he was actually putting on a show to scare me? Hilarious and pathetic.

Other than the half-crappy pitch and the super thin wall of the studio, the stay was just fine. One thing I wanted to complain though, was that the Hilton's location was not so good. It's on the strip technically, but the surrounding area was just not so great. So be aware. You need to take the Deuce bus to everywhere you need to go. And it didn't feel safe at night because of the abandoned construction site across the street.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank exzx
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time and consideration to complete a review of your recent stay with us. Your positive feedback is very meaningful to our team, and helps to strengthen our spirit of hospitality. I will be sure to pass on the praise to our Front Desk and Welcome Center team. Based on your comments it appears there are areas we can improve on such as the cleanliness of the room and the guest service given by our Sales team. At your earliest convenience please contact our Guest Service Manager, Erica Trailor at etrailor@hgvc.com so that we may be able to obtain more details and follow up on the incident in greater length. Should your travels bring you back to Las Vegas we hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the high level of service we strive to provide.

Domenick Turco