“OK location, beautiful pool area”

Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard
Ranked #42 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Did the time share 2 hour presentation deal to stay here, and it was a nice getaway without our kids. Had teh 1-bedroom suite, which is huge and great if you are staying a few days because of the full kitchen. Our room had a direct view of the Stratosphere from our couch so that was fun to watch at night.

Pro:
-big room
-Beautiful pool area. (We laughed that as long as you didn't look up and see the Circus Circus sign you could pretend you were at the resort in Hawaii)
-On the strip
-Quiet rooms
-comfortable beds
-Pretty clean, I didn't feel gross sitting on the couch

Con:
-Not a good restaurant
-You are on the strip but the very north part so to walk, it is a long walk...and not a very glamorous walk at that.....lots of homeless people around the hotel

We wouldn't buy in here, but it was a nice place to stay for 2 nights.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kellilynn81
Write a ReviewReviews (5,200)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I don't know how this hotel is accepted as a Hilton hotel. The hotel is old and unkept. The carpeting in the room was dirty. Don't walk on socks! The hotel does not have a restaurant nor serves breakfast in any way. You have to rely on a small convenience store on the basement with a few tables to accomodate hundreds of guests. The location is also away from the main Strip action. Vegas has so many options, no reason to stay in this Hilton! Terrible!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank emrodri
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to review our property on your recent with us. I apologize that the information regarding our Honors members was not communicated more effectively. It is true in lieu of upgrades or breakfast, HGV properties provide bonus points upon checkout. It is 2,000 for Diamond and 1,000 for Gold. I will pass this along to our Guest Service Manager so she can refresh our agents on the verbiage they should be using. I will also share the sofa issue with our Executive Housekeeper so he can pre-shift to his team the importance of following standards and making sure everything is clean prior to a guest’s arrival. Thank you for staying with us and I also want to thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand.

Domenick Turco
Resort Director

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here on a two night deal, requiring us to sit through a 2 hour timeshare presentation.

We checked in at about 3:30pm. It wasn't too busy. Check in was easy and friendly. It got much busier at the front desk when we were leaving, so I suggest checking in before 3 or after 5. Our room was located in Tower 2 (the newest tower). It was recently updated and is nicely furnished in modern colors and patterns. We had a studio suite with a desk, kitchenette, king bed. The bathroom was average sized with tile and granite counter tops. I found the room very clean and fresh. I didn't hear to much noise from the rooms next door. It wasn't absolutely quiet, but they rooms didn't have paper walls.

The bed was very comfortable and nice quality linens. I slept well every night.

We didn't use the pool or fitness area while we were there, but both looked very nice. The fitness room is about as nice as I've seen at any hotel.

We paid $8 a day for self parking. The parking ramp is to the left of the main entrance and is not connected to the property. You must park at least 4th floor or higher, take an elevator/stairs to the 1st floor and take the side walk to the lobby doors. I was slightly annoyed because it was SO windy while we were there.

The timeshare presentation wasn't so bad. I went through the same presentation 7 years ago and it was very high pressure. Our representative, Rineo, was awesome and actually made the 2 hours go by really fast. We didn't buy anything, in the end, and didn't feel extremely pressured to do so. They took no for an answer and didn't push too hard.

I would return to this property again and it is the second time staying here.

2  Thank ltl_leah
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The refurb of this place is REALLY nice - I think I may very well have been the first guest in the room I stayed in after the re-furb - everything nice and new. The rooms all have a full kitchen which made it nice for me since I was there almost a week and didn't want to eat out every meal.

The "market" on the ground floor was VERY convenient for grabbing breakfast in the morning and a bottle of wine or beer to take up to your room.

It's right on Las Vegas Blvd but a good hike away from "the action" Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sjmToronto_12
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Recently spent a week in Las Vegas for work and had the pleasure of staying at this property. Plus for me: no casino in the lobby; nice workout room; GREAT rooms, I had a suite with a full kitchen so could have a nice breakfast every morning. DVD players in the rooms makes it easy to watch your own movies, etc.

Downside: several mornings,no hot water for my shower. Work was being done on the water system, but hot water did not reach the 19th floor every morning.

This hotel is a distance from the convention center -- I walked back in the evening, but cabbed it during the day. And, this location always has a line of cabs waiting. The other grand vacation property near the convention center -- you always have to call which adds onto your travel times.

There is a CVS nearby -- but not real grocery store. So if you do not have a car, you need to rely on this store, which does carry food items, or the hotel's market place.

If you do have a car, there is a Whole Foods on the other side of the airport.

Overall, I would stay again. Very pleasant and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ontheroad19
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My 3-night vegas trip is a sum of 2 venetian suite nights and 1 night here at the HGV. I must say that this was a very mediocre stay. Chose to stay here (definitely not on the strip), and away from all that Vegas to offer after two long days on the strip. Check-in started out pretty cool with FO wearing football jerseys for the game night. However, FO agent then goes into things not available for HHonor diamond members. We are HGV blah blah blah..so this, this, and that is not available for you...Paid $35+tax extra to go from a studio to a suite that boost jacuzzi, washer/dryer and a kitchen. Not all that great but it was sufficient room for 3 people.

FO did not mention the fact that there was no bottled water in the room and that the 2 free bottle has to be picked up on the first floor. Plus, there is no room service to deliver them, you have to pick it up yourself on the 1st floor. Then please tell me so at check-in. Property only 3-diamond for a good reason.

Pro
1. Very quiet
2. Great Jacuzzi
3. Okay view of Vegas
4. Outdoor pool was decent

Con
1. FO was not helpful/respectful for non-Hilton time share members
2. More like a limited service HGI, no slippers
3. Roll up bed in the living room was dirty and have signs of wear and tear
4. SPA closes at 7pm on sunday and charges $10/day for basic amenities even for HH diamond.

The stay was a mediocre overnight, but definitely wouldnt choose to stay here for a vacation in Vegas in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lin R

Domenick Turco
Resort Director

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We are HGVC owners and this is the place we always stay in Vegas. We love love love this place and wouldn't even entertain staying elsewhere. My husband loves it because it is smoke and casino free! YAY! Crazy, right? We go to Vegas and don't gamble! We will enter a casino to shop or dine and always are amazed at how "smoky" other places are. It's always refreshing to get back to HGVC on the Las Vegas Strip so we can breath in fresh air! This time our unit over looked the pool, Circus Circus and, of course, a motor home lot. It doesn't really matter to us because it's been there for years. We love that this location is towards the end of the strip, doesn't bother us at all and it quieter than your average place and yet with plenty to do. This time, we booked a 2.5 hour spa package at their onsite spa, EforeA and all I can say is AMAZING. One of, if not THE nicest spas we have ever been to. You can't go wrong here.

2  Thank jelbeangrl