“Plus and Minus Vegas stay”

Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard
Ranked #44 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
“Plus and Minus Vegas stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Invited to Vegas wedding so looked to save a buck on accomodations for a somewhat unplanned Vegas trip. Since the wedding was on the weekend I knew that while you can find some decent midweek deals,the traditional casino/resorts can be expensive for a Friday or Saturday. As regular Hilton traveler I had accumulated quite a few points so decided to spend them on this trip. Ended up wanting to stay a few post wedding days as well, so booked 5 nights at the Hilton LV Grand Vacation Club.This is a fine property with more plus than minus, but I will try to lay out both in fairness to the hotel, but also in fairness to my fellow TA travellers.
First the location, as this is often front and center for Vegas visiters. The property is on the strip, but a long way down, almost to the Stratosphere. If you are without a car, this could be an issue. Walking down to the high traffic areas like the Wynn/Encore/Fashion Mall would be a hike. Probably at least 20-30 minutes. Down to the Ceasers/Flamingo/Bellagio another 15. There is a bus stop right outside however, and you can get a daily pass for $7, but somehow getting all dressed up to go to dinner and a show, and then taking the bus doesn't cut it. If you have a car this is no issue. We were at MGM, Planet Hollywood, and Ceasers within a few minutes, and parking is free at the casinos. Worth a mention here that parking is not free at the Hilton GVC. $8 a day for self park, $13 for valet. Add a dollar or two for a tip each time you get your car as well. Not mandatory, but it's the right thing to do. I didn't tip leaving the car, just on pick up. I would highly recomend the valet service. The self park garage is fairly close, but back and forth would be a pain. It was great to just pull up to the front door and leave the car. Further, the valet crew was above excellent. Never waited more than 5-6 minutes for the car and they were always pleasent and professional.
This goes for the entire staff as well. Front desk, pool, housekeeping, concierge, everyone was very friendly, very helpful, and professional. Security was also friendly and plentiful. In, fact I was surprised at the level of security. I have stayed at a number of strip resorts and found more security here than anywhere. At the door every night, in the hallways at random times, on the elevator, all over, and they were also very friendly and helpfull to guests.
As far as the hotel itself goes, we had a studio king and while very nice, it was a hotel room, not a vegas suite. This is not the Hilton's fault as it was exactly as advertised, however it left me a little wanting for the Vegas magic and I wanted to point this out. They have 1 bedroom suites which I saw, and they were huge, with seperate living room/bedroom. Pay the extra, it wasn't much, I would have but they were fulll the first two nights and we did not feel like moving after that. I should have done more research and pre planned. That is why I mention it here. There is also no casino here, (which I knew) and that also kinda takes away from the Vegas feel. We have done Vegas a bunch of times so not a huge deal, however I would recommend something else for first timers maybe. Final point on the rooms, don't take my comments as a negative on the room itself, it was fine. Clean, great bed, modern flat screen, even had a fridge and m/wave. One more point on the hotel is the pool. Nice size, lots of area for sunning and swimming, several hot tub/jacuzzis, and a pool bar/restaurent. Drinks and light snacks (burgers, nachos, chick fingers) were very good and quite reasonably priced. (was surprised at the prices here). If you are a sun lover, plan on the afternoon rather than morning as that is when the sun hits the pool area.
Final point on the property would be that this is one of Hilton's "Vacation Clubs" .... which is code for time share....I got absolute zero presure to sit in on a TS sell. Yes I was asked at check in, and the girl took all of about two minutes to tell me what I could get by attending, and then said thank you when I said no. Don't worry about this aspect, they were not high presure on that at all. (Maybe if you take it they are...don't know bout that)
Overall, a great hotel and I would highly recommend, but take into account the location and lack of "vegas" type ammenities.

Room Tip: Go for the 1 bedroom over the studio
1 Thank pauljames403

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This hotel is away from all the big themed hotels and has no casino. It is great to get away from all the crowds of the huge hotels on the Southern end of the Strip. Check-in was slick and efficient. The hotel is modern,spotlessly clean and spacious. We were with friends and were allocated a suite with two separate bedrooms and a living area between them. Each room had king beds and one had a jacuzzi. The bathrooms were good, one had an excellent walk-in shower. Soap and shampoo were provided and replaced once during the week, along with a linen and towel change. Facilities were good with televisions in each room and very comfortable seating. Each room had coffee making facilities with a small supply of ground coffee. The crockery, glassware and cutlery were in short supply considering the fact there was a dishwasher which you were unable to fill before running out of equipment. There was a washing machine and tumble dryer with detergent supplied.
We were on the 22nd floor and had a great view of the mountains outside Las Vegas.
The gym is well-equipped and modern. There is also an attracttive outside swimming pool with a cafe. The Marketplace had a small deli and shop which were a little expensive but convenient. There is a CVS pharmacy nearby which had a good stock of groceries and alcohol at reasonable prices. Fresh food was in small supply making it difficult to cook in the apartment.We also used Wahlgreen's which was a little further away but had a wider choice and was even cheaper.
We had breakfast at Denny's which was about a ten minute walk away and this set us up for the day.
Eating out can be as expensive as you want. There are food courts in a few of the hotels where you can choose from Chinese, Italian, burgers etc and eat very cheaply.We used the Venetian which had a good selection of cuisine.
It is possible to walk the length of the Strip but it takes quite a long time. However, you're on holiday, and there is a lot to see en route! Taxis are readily available as well as the Deuce bus and the monorail.
The nearest casinos are at Circus Circus and the Riviera but they are both quite old and a little tired. The Downtown area is in need of a new lease of life as some buildings have been removed and the infrastructure is limited. The Stratasphere is,quite literally,a beacon of glitz and glamour this end of the Strip. The two towers of HGV also add a golden sheen to the skyline.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel if you wish to have a little distance from the hectic and more crowded part of this singular city.

Room Tip: The top floors are the best as you have a great view.
canada
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Just back from a week in Vegas and exchanged a timeshare week for this location. I had read various reviews, most of them good. We were Grand Mayan owners when we traded for this accomodation and it was a fairly equal match. I say this because we had some other exchanges that did not seem to be the quality of our TS. We found this suite spacious, well furnished, loved the washer and dryer in the 1 bedroom,etc etc. The only negative was the AC unit in the living room was positioned to blow air on the couch area and was hard to maintain a steady temperature. The grounds, the building themselves were well kept and upscale. The location was down from Circus Circus and a little off the beaten track but with the Deuce bus running up and down the strip at 7$/24 hours it was easy to get around. we also rented a car and that was handy and no parking charges if you were a TS owner. As well, we had one phone call regarding attending a presentation, we declined and that was the end of it. There was no daily housecleaning service. The suite was cleaned once midweek and for a 35$/day charge you could have it cleaned whenever but with just the 2 of us it was not a concern. I would not hesitate to stay at the HGVC again!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We loved everything about the HGV except the ready access to a restaurant in the Hotel. We did attempt to eat at the pool cabana, but it was windy and just to cold to sit out there. Would recommend for the accomadations and facilities, but we got tired of ordering from the Marketplace.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the Strip side of the hotel. There are a lot of vacant lot views on the back s...
Temecula, California
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Checked in Wednesday night and stayed until Sunday AM. The hotel is 2 towers with a round, two story lobby that is conected to both. Everything is located in the round lobby including access to parking, a well stocked store, an activity lounge including wide screen, pool and ping pong table; Fitness center, front desk and concierge. The room was spotless and modern. Even the comode was quiet when flushed.The staff was friendly and professional.
The maditory timeshare presentation was cordial and we were out the door with our promised "gifts" at 90 minutes on the dot.
The parking is a bit funky with the first 5 floors as valet; so you can get dizzy going past all those empty reserved spaces.
Also the location is near construction and the begining of the "older" area of the north strip.

River Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We've stayed at both of the other Hilton Grand Vacation Properties in Las Vegas and liked this one as much as the other two.

The service at check-in was great and they went out of their way to accommodate our special request. We were trading our timeshare week and wanted to stay one day additional on each end of our week. We didn't want to change units so they got us into the same unit for our entire stay. I've read other tripadvisor reviews that said check-in was slow but we didn't encounter that.

The rooms have a very similar layout to the HGV at the Las Vegas Hilton but are newer. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite with two separate bedroom units each of which has a king-size bed, one has an in-room jacuzzi, large shower and bathroom area with a full kitchen, dining area (accomodates 4), living room area with TV and pull-out couch inbetween the two bedroom units.

The pool area is very nice with cabanna's, restaurant, wait-staff, etc. The service was top-notch throughout our entire stay. There are a lot of children out at the pool area but overall it was a good time.

We like to walk in Vegas so it wasn't an issue for us but the couple with whom we were staying found the location inconvenient. The closest larger casino is Circus Circus and if you want to go any further it's a cab or bus-ride. There is a CVS Pharmacy and another gift/sundries shop about a block or 2 blocks away where the prices are much less than the on-site deli/sundries shop. However, the on-site shop is very convenient and we got good service there.

I did have a pedicure and manicure at the spa. It was nice and less expensive than the Encore but I'd go to the Encore again versus revisiting this site. Just got a little more pampering and the actual spa was more all-inclusive at the Encore - steam room/sauna, cold plunge pools, etc.

Overall, very nice property and we will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank plncpa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I must say that the property itself is very nice. We had a one bedroom kingsize suite with a queen pullout sofa which was cool for my group size of five. The gym was great but got crowded in the early am hours. I didn't use any of the other facilities but everything appeared to be well kept.

The location isn't desirable if u are looking to be in the heart of the action but there is a bus stop out front which will take u where u want to go. It's also next door to a CVS which I was at 3 out of the 5 days I was there. A McDonalds is close by as well and I have never eaten so much Mickey D's in my life but it was less expensive than the hotel food.

Overall, I would only stay here if I wanted to be in an environment of calmness away from the excitement but why come to Vegas??

• Stayed September 2011