“Comfortable stay; highly recommend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cancun Resort

Cancun Resort
Ranked #104 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Oahu, Hawaii
“Comfortable stay; highly recommend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Stay at this this time share resort for 7 nights from Oct 10-17. We arrived at the premise via I 15 from LA and the location is very easy to navigate; right off the Blue Diamond exit. The check in was smooth and staff are courteous. We were assigned to the one bed room in the Tulum building. The garage located on the ground is connected with elevator access, which is a well designed layout. The room has two bathrooms; the pull out couch in the living room meant that the unit could accommodate four adults comfortably. The small yet fully equipped kitchen is functional, dining area is adequate for four adults as well. The lanai is spacious with view of the gorgeous pool and surrounding area. I would recommend a vehicle, if you are staying at this property. Plenty of restaurants in the area, along with a pay 4 less supermarket across the street. Overall, we really enjoy our 7 nights stay; in my opinion, this property is far better than Tahiti Village. My compliment to the management and designer of this premise.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed for a week and was not impressed. First of all, the front desk staff was outstanding. But now to the not so good things about the resort. They tell you that there motto is "the meaning of yes", but when I asked that they open up the workout room for me early they said no. They unfortunately will not open it until 8am and I'm already gone by then. I also asked If I could get my trash taken out and was told by house keeping that they only service the rooms every four days, so if you stay any length of time you will not get your room cleaned. But overall the rooms were nice and the resort was clean and well cared for.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Adalgord
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very close to the premium outlet south , the Cancun Resort hotel is a very good choice for Vegas. If you want a quite place to stay, specially if you are with your family, this is the place. Great swimming pools, very large rooms and no noise. To be honest this is not a big resort , but very comfortable . Near to an outlet , Starbucks cafe, restaurants and to the main roads and avenues it becomes a grate and not so expensive choice. But pay attention : there is no free wi fi on this hotel. You also will need a car. The distance to the Strip is not so long , but a car will help you so much. In Vegas you park your car everywhere.
Do : the Starbucks cafe is very close . This is a very good choice for breakfast and offers free wi fi connection.

Room Tip: If it is possible stay in a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Renato C
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I checked in and the girl at the desk was very nice. The room was very nice but they were working on the kitchen so they moved me right away to a new room. This was just as nice and clean. I enjoyed my stay but the wifi company that they use didn't have any connection through out my stay. So if you need wifi bring a hot spot or pick a different place. I did request a shower cap in the afternoon and was told they would bring it to my room. I got back that evening and it was not there. I called the front desk and got this guy who was not that nice and said he would call back and an hour later still no call back or shower cap. I called one last time cause I didn't see why this was such a hard request. I got another guy named James or Jason sorry I don't remember but he was very polite and listened to me and called me back right away to let me know what was going on. In about 15 min I got a shower cap. He really made things better cause after talking to that last guy who I guess didn't want to be there I was not very happy with how I was treated. It was not so much about the cap it was more about how he responded . So I will stay again. Oh this guy mike kept calling each night to get me to stay again just so you know it's a time share place too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Dancingqueen737
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We visited LV in Dec and had good weather cut cool. Our unit was a 1 bedroom with an interesting layout. The bedroom had a good layout but the living room had TOO much oversized furniture and if you had someone sleeping in this room good luck. When serving as a living room you could not get on the balcony without moving furniture. And if you were using it as sleeping quarters, you did not have enough space to move the coffee table & still have emergency egress without putting furniture on the balcony. The interesting part about this unit was a 1 bedroom & 2 bathrooms. Although the bath in the master bath was deep, there are no grab bars to get in & out. Safety issue. The concierge desk was very helpful to us for getting golf tee times and we appreciated this. I was informed that the new owners were investing in upgrading this property & I think this property has potential if they do it properly.

1 Thank peter r
diamondresorts, Manager at Cancun Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We appreciate your feedback regarding our current unit layout. The design choices are reviewed over time to ensure they meet our guests’ needs adequately. While the room is spaciously occupied by two, it allows four to stay comfortably while adhering to necessary fire and safety standards. Rest assured we take all comments and suggestions seriously to ensure that exceptional service quality is provided to each and every one of our guests. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused during your stay. Your patronage with us is appreciated and we hope that you will consider us if you choose to re-visit the charming Las Vegas area again.
Manhattan Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

As others have mentioned, Cancun resort is on the south end of the strip close to the outlet malls and Southpoint. The resort itself is nice, and the staff is very helpful and friendly but if you are in Vegas looking for the bright lights, and sounds of slots everywhere you go, you won't find it here. When we checked in, got a choice of mountain or strip or pool view for our one bedroom which was nice. Decided on the one bedroom overlooking the pool with a peek-a-boo view of the mountains. Unfortunately, our room didn't get much early morning sunlight so watching the sunrise wasn't an option. If you like sunshine, ask for the pool view room that faces east and you be very happy. There were a couple of things which I didn't like worth noting. There is no cleaning service, we stayed 1 week, and most places will at least have a mid-week cleaning. To make it worst, the garbage cans in the bathrooms were so small that it only took 2 days for it to overflow from empty shampoo containers and soap wrappers. Second thing I didn't like is the resort only has a very small video poker room which was closed at night so if you're looking for a vegas type resort where end of your day, you can sit and play for a bit before bedtime, you won't get it here. (I suppose this is also one reason why the resort is so quiet which could be a plus for some) The last thing I didn't like was there's 2 "restaurants" but one was closed when we were there, and the second one wasn't much of a restaurant. Breakfast was served on disposable plates, wasn't very good and very slow. There is a kitchen available in the room and everything looks very new, but would be nice if there was at least a place that served breakfast on non-plastic plates, and didn't have to use plastic utensils.

For the price, would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with pool view on the east building if you like to sit on the balcony to watch the mornin...
1 Thank alexk333
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Check in: Service was fine. Our room wasn't ready yet, and they offered us a pool key, but we decided to do grocery shopping. We did request a high floor with a mountain view.

Location: south of the airport, so you need a rental car.

Groceries: Walking distance to Food4Less which is actually the most affordable place to buy booze, and they also had great ready made salads – good for hiking.

Buildings: Buildings, 1, 2, and 4 are only 4 storeys tall. Building 3 & 5 have great views because they are 8 storeys high.
Building 1 is the main building with some rooms – only 4 floors high – not a good location in general, so try to avoid as one view would be main road and other view would be trees with some pool view.

Building 1 & 2 - probably the worst buildings of them all for location as they are only 4 floors tall with no views. The view of the lower floors facing south would be of the parking lot or north, the trees through to the pool. Within the complex, the entrance from Building 2 to the main pool is close, but not close to the pool #2. I would imagine during the summer, facing south, the pool noise would be loud.

Building 3 (our building): We requested a 2 bedroom high floor away from children with a romantic view as we were just the 2 of us here for a romantic week, and we had a booked enough points for a 2 bedroom. We got exactly what we asked for and really enjoyed Building #3 in December.

ROOM 3609
Our immediate view was to a nice subdivision to the south and mountains and a beautiful sunrise every morning! Underground parking is only available in Building 2, 3 & building 5 (as per map), so that was a bonus on the chilly nights.
Right outside of building 3 there is a gate to the pool and it’s the middle of the whole resort, so convenient to both pools. With a hot tub right at the door, in the winter night it was great to quickly run back inside. If you have a pool view, this building also gives you the best perspective of the main waterfall pyramid.

Building 4 & 5 face the pool to the south and to the north, the Las Vegas strip off in the distance. But the immediate view facing north of Building 4 or 5 no matter what floor you are on is an empty industrial lot. (Dec 2013)

2 bedroom unit
Kitchen

Being a frequent timeshare user, I was actually surprised at how small the kitchen was for a 2 bedroom. Only space for 1 person at a time really and there was no drawer for the silverware to fit in, so your forks and knives were sitting in the plastic container on the already small counter. We had to re-arrange the dishes in the cupboards to make more room and the set up really wasn’t logical.
New fridge was nice. Gas stove was old & a little scary, but it was fine. Microwave was jumbo size, so good for families. The kitchen only comes with 6 plates and enough dishes for 6 people,

Deck – gigantic

Living room – tiny 32” TV screen with basic cable and most channels were Spanish. DVD player was provided, but old. Comfy couch.
King Bedroom

Has a comfy King bed, but old tube TV (Dec 2013). Ipod dock alarm clock to iPhone 4 was nice.
Bathroom – Deep jetted tub, counter with 2 sinks was nice. Being a 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms, the bathrooms were exactly alike – so 2 jetted tubs in the unit.
There was a water pressure problem in one of the bathrooms and burn out light, and the maintenance crew was quick to fix that same morning.

Nice window to open up every morning to see your mountain sunrise view.
Mirrored closet provided a nice long mirror as well as one in the main hallway. Only drawer space were two side tables and under the TV.

2nd bedroom – Double bed – this room had same layout with mirrored closet doors, but this room had a 28” flat screen on the wall. Seems like this should have gone in the master bedroom, but I guess it’s good for kids. Safes in both closets.

Laundry Room – unfortunately it is not located in the unit so not free like other timeshares. However, it’s right beside the elevator, so if being close to laundry, ice and pop machine is important to you request a room near the elevator.
Washing: $1,50 - Dryer: $1,00 Soap: $1.00

Dining Room – nice and big with lots of plugs so it can double as an office.
Adult Lounge: - has pool tables, some arcade games, and couches with big flat screen, good for football days. Otherwise, nothing much about it.

Pool: It was December and a wind chill but we did the waterslide anyways! There were 4 and they were really fun, so kids will love them! Hot Tubs are plentiful and awesome.
We did not want to get our Welcome package as we knew that would lead to a timeshare presentation, so we just made the excuse that groceries were in the car and needed to be unloaded.

Store: In December, the pool store had everything 50% off and more, but the sizes were really small for ladies clothes.

Unloading: luggage carts were plentiful in the underground lot, so it made bringing luggage and groceries up a breeze, but sometimes you would find luggage carts randomly in elevators.

NEGATIVE: I was shocked there was a charge for internet. $40 PER DEVICE for the week. That sure adds up quick! Very uncommon for timeshare properties! If you have a portable rocket internet stick, bring it!

Overall – good location off the strip and I may or may not return. We spent a lot of time doing outdoor activities in Boulder City, so we may just stay there next time. Cancun Resort is definitely an affordable option off strip.

Room Tip: Building 3 or 5 are tallest with great views
5 Thank Ringettechick