“Cancun in Vegas!!”
Review of Cancun Resort

Cancun Resort
Ranked #109 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We just got back from the Cancun Resort in Las Vegas and all I can say is wow!! Got a Groupon 3-day deal for this place and was not disappointed. The resort is really far South on Las Vegas blvd, but that shouldn't deter you getting away from that traffic mess on the main drag. There is a Food for Less right across the street as well as a pharmacy if needed. The 2-bedroom unit was spacious, clean, and well appointed. The kitchen was rather small but who needs a chefs spread in Vegas. There was no washer/dryer which I thought was weird, but it didn't matter. The 2nd bedroom didn't have 2- dbl beds only another Queen bed with a sleeper sofa in the living room which wasn't that bad, but it still slept 2 adults moms and 3 kids very comfortably. Now the pool area was awesome very nice with slides and everything. It does not have zero-entry but starts at 3ft and goes to 5ft. The lifeguards and staff were very attentive and we were not hassled about buying a timeshare. All in all I'd say it is a great place to stay and if you stay for a week you'd really start to think you were in Mexico and forget about the strip.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Having just got back from a weeks stay in the resort,I was dissapointed.The pool area was well looked after,and very pleasant.But with the tempreture reaching 119degrees and no air conditioning,we were very dissapointed.We had to keep asking when it would be fixed.eventually we got moved to a block that had a c.But no help to move was offered,and people were still being put into the blocks that had the faulty a c.All they seemed interested in was selling time share properties.The apartments are in need of repair,we got locked out on the balcony when the latch broke,also soap in the shower had black mould on it.you would have thought the cleaners would have got rid of it and cleaned the bathroom properly.Dont get me wrong,this was a nice place,but for the money they charge it should be a great place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank paulwalnuts
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was excited to stayed here and try this place out. Truly enjoyed the location. So much better for anyone attending training at Front Sight (frontsight.com) as it is right near Blue Diamond Rd (160). This place has great pool areas, with 4 nice enclosed hydro-tube slides. The staff was very friendly and helpful, however the facilities had some problems and the staff lacked some communication and coordination skills that had 3 other parties upset besides myself during the whole check-in process. The first room I was assigned had no working A/C,and the staff informed me that the whole building's Air Conditioning system was out, so they were nice enough to assign me to a room in the next building. Security gave me new key cards and I went up to that room, only to find another couple trying to get in to the same room. So they had to go back down frustrated and get a new room assignment. I walked into the room with my card and was about to start unpacking when a staff member walked in the room with another couple. This was troubling, but not entirely upsetting as I could understand the mistake. What was maddening was my keys were reset at that point by the front desk assigning the other couple's keys to that room. So I had to run down and have my room keys re-enabled and I made sure that the room was definitely assigned to me. I thought that personally going down there again and making sure I was assigned the room would certainly be the end of that. Well it wasn't, as I came in the next day and found my key cards did not work again. I went down to the front desk and found that they had again assigned my room to another party while I had been away. When the other guest walked in and noticed my stuff in the room, they realized it was occupied and vacated it. At this point, I was upset as I couldn't trust the staff to assign me to a room as well as having no privacy or security. I was worried that another couple or guest would walk into the room at some point. What was worse, was the AC in that room went out and I had no AC for the rest of my stay. I also was upset that Mr. Cloobeck's "meaning of Yes" campaign hadn't reached this property yet. The business center lacks free internet in order to allow a guest to login and print airline boarding passes. This should be a complimentary service, but it is not. Both computers were down so I had to use one of the front-desk's computers to login to my email account where a link was awaiting for me to check-in and print boarding passes that would allow me to go straight through security without waiting in line at the airline's ticket counter.
Definitely some kinks in the process here and I hope they are addressed. This is a great property and I will be visiting it again in the future to see if the problems I've outlined have been addressed. Stay tuned here for my next review! Any response from Cancun Resort management is welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Marc J
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I took two sons to Zion and were looking for a hotel to break up the drive there and back. We were very pleased with Cancun Resort. We arrived late the first night after 6 hours in the Friday Vegas Traffic (Don't drive to Vegas Friday night), so we asked for and received a late check out.

We had a two room suite, which was perfect for us. The rooms have a nice balcony, jetted tubs in both bathrooms, a sofa bed in the living room, and a nice kitchen. Food For Less is right across the street, so you can stock up on food items when you get there rather than packing food at home and worrying about keeping it cold during the drive.

It had two pools, several slides, and jacuzzis.

Like many resorts, people get up early and put their towels on chairs, so if you really want a lounge chair, you'll need to do this too.

I preferred the smaller "kids" pool, because it was warmer than the main pool. The slides are fun for the whole family.

We saved money by bringing our own food and cooking our own meals in the kitchen.

The only downside is that after you get your room key, you have to get your parking permit at a second desk. The reason? At the second desk, they try to sell you a timeshare weekend at one of their sister resorts.

Room Tip: Buy your food across the street at Food For Less rather than bringing it from home.
3  Thank DebraSanDiego
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I booked a week @ Cancun Resort through my timeshare exchange. It is a little ways past the strip, but I liked that. We had a 2 bedroom and there were 6 of us (3 kids / 3 adults) and it worked out fine. The kitchen is a little small, but you're on vacation not there to be a gourmet chef, so it served its purpose. Grocery store across the street and restaurants nearby. The unit was clean, parking a little tough at night, at least on our side of the building. The resort was clean. The pool was nice and they have activities to keep you busy. I don't need 5 star accomodations, but the places I stay must be clean and safe. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelermjc
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Cancun is located on the south end of the strip a couple miles south of the airport. It's close enough to see the strip but not hear it. You don't get the airplane and helicopter noise that you get when you stay on the strip closer to the airport. We had a 2 bedroom villa for 4 adults and 2 kids. It was plenty big enough for the six of us but the living area probably would have felt a bit crowded with six adults. The bathrooms were huge with big jetted tubs. The property and room were all very clean and well kept. Parking was free but it could be a bit of a walk around the building to get to the elevators. Three of the buildings had underground parking and two did not. The beds were very comfortable and the kitchen had all the basics including pots and pans, serving dishes, blender, toaster, coffee maker and dish washer. I was impressed with how kid friendly the resort was.There was a list of activities going on every day ranging from coloring and puzzles, a laser maze, water games, kids welcome social and movies by the pool. And yes, there were a lot of kids, including my own, but it was never noisy or felt overrun with kids. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here without my kids. The pool was huge and even when busy, never felt crowded. One side has a large swimming area with a waterfall, starts at 3.5 feet and goes to 5 and is open all day. The other is smaller, has the water slides and is only open 10-6. It could get a little chilly in the late afternoon and evening as the sun went down, especially if the wind picked up. But it was the perfect temperature during the hot Vegas days. Towels are checked out at the pool and have to be returned before returning to your room. There were 2 cafe/bar style restaurants that we did not try but the menu looked like typical fare for those types of places...salads, sandwiches, burgers, tacos all priced around 8-12$. The staff were all very friendly and check in/out was a breeze. The only real negative was wifi was 10$ a day.

2  Thank taj24
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place was great. Very family friendly with a great pool and slides, game room for kids, and daily kids activities of which they leave a message on the room phone to tell you what was going on that day. We had 9, 12, and 14 year old boys and they loved the pool area. We had two suites..one bedroom and two master bedroom.
One bedroom, the living room area you could close it with a partition to make a separate room with its own bathroom with shower and a closet. The property was nice and room were modern decor. Staff was friendly.
It is right off Las Vegas Blvd about 3 miles from the strip. We had our own car and it was easy to get around. Outlet mall and restaurants also very close by. I recommend you dine at the different restaurant off the property although you can buy food from one of the eating places there. By the pool areas you can buy alcohol and food.

We would stay here again even just as a couple...no smell of cigarette smoke.

1  Thank TapsGrange