We stayed at a nice, 2 bedroom timeshare. This is setup very nicely, with a couple of caveats. There is no washer/dryer in the unit; but there is supposedly a coin-operated laundry on the grounds. However, they will supply you with extra towels on request, and they do a full service on the unit mid-week. Internet service is provided by AT&T and there is a fee schedule as follows: $4.95/minute, $9.95/day, $19.95 3 days, $29.95 for week. Note that there is a public library across the street which is supposed to have free internet access. The kitchen is very small; so small that there is no room for drawers which contain silverware. Instead the silverware is stored in the cabinets above the sink. This was not a real problem for us. The unit contains 2 bathrooms. Each bathroom has a Jacuzzi with a shower head above it; so it doubles as shower/jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi has a very high wall, and stepping into it could be an issue. My wife has difficulties in this area and was unable to use the shower. Parking is in the back of the buildings, but the entrance is in the front. There is very limited handicapped parking.
The complex is setup in a U shape. In the center is a magnificent pool with a water slide, waterfalls, and all the works. Unfortunately it was too cold to use it while we were there. The concierge is very helpful, as was the front desk. Check in was an issue because they could not handle the load very well. There were lines at the front desk and rooms were still being cleaned well after 4PM (Check-in time.)
We went to a timeshare presentation. There we were informed that Monarch had gone into bankruptcy and was being taken over by Diamond International. This doesn't seem to have much implication other than for current owners and resales.
The unit is on Las Vegas Blvd (the strip), but south of the airport. It is a 10 minute drive up to the strip. Just about all hotels on the strip have free self-parking. Bottom line - you need a car to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new standard of luxury Las Vegas resorts has been established. Cancun Resort, in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada, is an all-villa masterpiece and the epitome of sophistication and indulgence. Scant few Las Vegas resorts can equal the comfort, affordable luxury and sheer spectacle of this architectural gem. A stay at Cancun Resort will take your mind and soul on a journey to places and times that only your wildest imagination can find. Exquisite Mayan sculptures, creative and playful waterscapes and slides, dramatic lighting effects and the harmony of elements; fire, earth, water and wind work together in concert providing an unforgettable vacation experience at our Las Vegas resort's ideal location. Dream of the ultimate vacation destination. This is it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Vacatia, Otel, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Vegas.com, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Cancun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Vegas Cancun Resort
- Cancun Hotel Las Vegas
- Cancun Resort Las Vegas
- Cancun Resort In Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Cancun Hotel
- Cancun Resort Villas Las Vegas
- Cancun Resort Spa Las Vegas
- Cancun Las Vegas