I think what initially attracted me to the Cancun Resort was the "villas," which have full kitchen facilities and are like self-contained mini-apartments. When on vacation, I like the option of being able to cook for myself if I get tired of "dining out" all the time. The Cancun Resort is a time-share property, but the management must treat a number of the villas more like hotel rooms, making them available for anyone who makes a reservation.
The resort is located south of Las Vegas' airport, on Las Vegas Blvd South, an easy 3.5 mile drive from the heart of the Strip. I had a rental car, so going back and forth was no problem. It might be more difficult if one doesn't have access to a vehicle and is dependent upon public transportation.
The facility was quiet and clean, with daily maid service for the villas. Parking was plentiful and convenient, either in the parking garage located on the lower level of each building in the complex, or alongside (behind) the various buildings. The small kitchen came well-stocked with the basics of dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, and small appliances, as well as a full-sized fridge, gas oven/range, and microwave. I really enjoyed being able to return to the quiet of the Cancun Resort, a bit of a distance from the hustle and bustle and crowds of the Strip.
Each villa actually has 2 bathrooms: a smaller one -shower, toilet, sink -- located off the sitting room which has a sofa bed, and a very spacious bathroom off the bedroom with a double vanity and a jacuzzi tub/shower. I found the mattress on the bed to be a little soft for my liking, but not uncomfortable by any means. Each villa also has a spacious balcony with 2 chairs and a small table on it.
I did not take advantage of the concierge services on premise while I was there, but the staff is more than willing to help their guests arrange show tickets, reservations, excursions, etc. I did use the Day Spa facilities one time during my stay and was very pleased with the therapeutic treatment I received there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new standard of luxury Las Vegas resorts has been established. Cancun Resort, in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada, is an all-villa masterpiece and the epitome of sophistication and indulgence. Scant few Las Vegas resorts can equal the comfort, affordable luxury and sheer spectacle of this architectural gem. A stay at Cancun Resort will take your mind and soul on a journey to places and times that only your wildest imagination can find. Exquisite Mayan sculptures, creative and playful waterscapes and slides, dramatic lighting effects and the harmony of elements; fire, earth, water and wind work together in concert providing an unforgettable vacation experience at our Las Vegas resort's ideal location. Dream of the ultimate vacation destination. This is it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Cancelon, Vacatia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Vegas.com, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Cancun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Vegas Cancun Resort
- Cancun Hotel Las Vegas
- Cancun Resort Las Vegas
- Cancun Resort In Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Cancun Hotel
- Cancun Resort Villas Las Vegas
- Cancun Resort Spa Las Vegas
- Cancun Las Vegas