“Gets worse evertime we visit”
Review of Slots-A-Fun Casino

Slots-A-Fun Casino
Ranked #357 of 462 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were in Vegas the week of June 24th, 2013. It always makes our trip to visit the Slots of Fun on a long walk down to the other end of the strip and boy was it a long walk. When we finally got there I always head to the bar for a pina colada. Well, there was no bartender to be had at the time, and even the only waitress on at the time didn't know where he was. Anyway, only a few people were playing slots and one poker table was open. It is really a shame on what happened to that end of the strip..It was alive when the Frontier, Stardust, Westward Ho were around, but now its empty lots and skeleton structures..Getting hard to visit that end anymore..Will see it again next year, I hope.

4  Thank tedWisconsin

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Have been going to this casino for decades as it WAS a low-rent fun place, yet still on the strip. Stopped in last trip and much to my dismay, their epic craps table was no longer existent! In fact all table games were removed and replaced by pool tables in the back. The craps table sat in tne entrance for decades and was a lot of fun as stakes were $1-$500. Being a hard-core dice player it was an oasis for me on many trips to Vegas after 8-15 hr. days on $10 tables around town. Having stayed many times at The Riv across the street, I could go in there with a $40 stake and have a lot of fun teaching novices as well as interacting w/ recreational players. ! time I taught a newbie the game and we caught a hot roll where we both turned $40 stakes into 1400+ bankrolls in the early morning hrs! It will never be the same w/o that table. They were also known for their cheap eats and $1 beers. Over-all it was just a hoot of a place, but no more. The atmosphere is gone and all that lingers are the memories. Thanks. It's not just this place, but all of Vegas. The big Corp. took the town over and the fun out of the greatest city in the world. Corporate greed! Say goodbye to good times, forever!

14  Thank craig f
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Best service and value in Vegas. Slots-A-Fun makes no apologies for being simply what it is; a fun and inexpensive place to heang out if your not up for the hussle and bussle of the othe strip casinos. 2 for $5 beers, penny slots and a friendly staff.....what more could you ask for????

2  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A vacation kitty favorite! 5 stars! While we miss the low limit table games, this place never disappoints. Cheap drinks and food at the bar. The cocktail service is phenomenal! We think its one of the best in LV! The servers actually remember us from previous visits (~ever 6 months). The craps machine is good fun at a nice $2 limit.

2  Thank VacationKitty
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Slots A Fun Casino is located on the Circus Circus property right on Las Vegas Blvd (probably the least amount of steps from the street to the casino). This small casino is on the Circus Circus property but is a separate building. While the two casinos are not physically connected there is a short sidewalk that leads you from one to the other. The Slots A Fun casino has no live table games and has mostly slot machines and electronic craps and black jack machines.

The place seems run down from both the inside and outside and was not very busy when I visited on a Tuesday morning and then later that day in the afternoon. It is not the classiest place in Vegas as I saw a lot of people wearing cheap t-shirts and jeans. While the place is not great, I still had a fun time playing their electronic craps machine. The minimum bet is only $2 so I played for a long time and ended up winning money. I have played this machine in other casinos but this one seemed to pay out better. Electronic craps is much easier than live craps as you do not have to remember all your bets (pass line bet plus a couple of Come bets with odds on everything).

Overall I had a good time playing electronic craps and will go back on my next trip.

2  Thank rockyjoe