Open today: Closed
More Information

Ways to Experience Brad Garrett's Comedy Club
from $72.65
More Info
All reviews front row funny comedians cheap seats comic headliner jokes gratuity tickets stage vegas rows mc
Selected filters
Reviewed March 14, 2017

LOVE LOVE LOVED this! Brad was actually there when we attended the show, which made the experience 100% better. He introduced the guests/line-up and then allowed the others to come out and perform their stand-up comedy. Make sure you arrive early (like close to 6:45pm for the 8pm show). It fills up, and zoning is on a first come first serve basis.

2  Thank Rachel F
Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

Adult comedy that was just hilarious!!! Everyone needs to laugh, enjoy and have a good time! About 1 1/2 hours of laughter.
Just a hoot! I would do it again in a heartbeat!
If you can't do adult, it wouldn't be for you.
Located at the MGM.
We'd definitely return!!!

1  Thank Lucky0420
Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

Brad was not there tonight but show was hosted by 3 very funny comedians. Show up early to get good seating . Only sit in the front row if you enjoy being part of show.

1  Thank James99946
Reviewed March 1, 2017

I had read some of the reviews about going when Brad is actually there and I wholeheartedly agree with that. Brad is freaking hilarious!!! He opened the show and introduced the two acts while contributing with some of the funniest and most politically incorrect stuff you can expect to hear. It was AWESOME! If you're brave...sit in the front row and prepare to get hammered. Great time and would go again in a heartbeat.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank 302kevinl
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

If you've read any of my other reviews on TripAdvisor, then you know I write a lot. And this review probably won't be any different. I had a great time visiting Brad Garrett's Comedy Club recently - it exceeded my expectations. So I'll describe my experience from purchasing tickets to the end of the show; the venue itself (which is awesome), and the specific performers I saw that night (which included Brad Garrett himself). So if you don't want to read this whole review, long story short is: If you're in Vegas and you enjoy comedy clubs - this is a great one.

It was recommended to me to go to Brad Garrett's Comedy Club if Brad himself was performing. Please keep in mind that, just because his name is included in the venue's name, that Brad Garrett is not always there! I only say that so that those expecting to see him won't be disappointed. If you're interested in seeing Brad, check the club's website for his appearance schedule prior to purchasing tickets. However, if you're just interested in comedy in general, nightly shows run at this venue whether Brad is there or not. Line up posters/headliners are usually posted outside of the club (as well as online). And word on the street is that Brad handpicks the performers himself - so not just anybody gets to perform here!

Anyway, as I was saying, I made a point of purchasing tickets to see a show when Brad was scheduled to be there. I bought my tickets in advance (about 4 days). While purchasing them, I was told that the venue tends to sell out when Brad is there - so I guess it's a good idea to get tickets early? But that being said, if you're there last minute, I would at least try to see if there are tickets left if you are interested. They might not be the best seats, but that means they might also be cheaper ones!

As many other reviewers have mentioned, when I purchased the ticket, I was kind of "pre-warned" about Mr. Garrett. Not in a bad way, just in a "I just want to be sure you know what you're getting yourself into" way. As almost everyone has mentioned, if you're a fan of "Everybody Loves Raymond" and are expecting to see Ray's brother, Robert, then you will be in for a surprise. These two are not one in the same. Luckily for me, while I knew of the show, I had never actually watched a whole episode - so I didn't have any prior misconceptions. Also, I had read enough reviews on TripAdvisor beforehand to understand that this show probably wouldn't be for the easily offended. And to be honest, I'm no prude, but I'm also not the biggest fan of dirty jokes and what not. So I actually wasn't sure if I would like the show or not, but while he definitely worked blue, he was also very funny. Was every single joke of my particular taste? No. But the majority was. But keep in mind every comedian has an off day, and those who work directly with their audience have a different show (and therefore different jokes) every night. So I'm sure his level of offensiveness can definitely vary...

Also when buying my ticket (I was traveling for work, so I went solo), I was given the seating chart to look at. All seating is general admission, however ticket prices differ based on general seating area. I opted for the more expensive of the three choices in order to be closer to the stage - which ran me about $90 (with a discount for staying at the MGM I believe)? But the cheapest ones were I think between $60-$70. So if you don't care if you're that close to the stage or not, you might want to go for the cheaper tickets. And, I'll be honest, it's a nice, intimate venue anyway - so I'm sure there really aren't any bad seats. The only ones that might be at a slightly weird angle are the ones far back on the right (if you're looking at the stage).

I was told the show started at 8pm and that the doors would open at 7pm, but that sometimes people start to line up around 6:45pm or so in order to get the seats they want (as it is first come, first served according to seating area purchased). I was also told I could then decide if I wanted to sit in the front row or not (as Brad tends to pick on people in the front row - so some people have strong desires to either sit or NOT sit there). And sure enough, he dug into the people front and center of him all night - but I'll get to that later.

I showed up at the venue on the night of the show at about 6:40pm. Brad Garrett's Comedy Club (and ticket desk) are located in the "Underground" of the MGM Grand. If you enter the front doors of the MGM Grand Hotel and are facing the check-in counters in the lobby, you will take a right and take the escalator one floor down (under the sign that says "Underground"). Follow that path until you see the brick siding on the left - that's the club (and the ticket counter is just past it). When I showed up, there was already a line forming. So again, keep in mind that seating is first come, first served. BUT, everyone in line has paid for different seating areas, so a long line doesn't necessarily mean anything. When the doors opened the ladies checking tickets separated people into different lines as they entered based on their tickets. I was then greeted/personally seated by "Paul," who I am assuming (?) is the manager. He was super nice and beyond welcoming - and he was that way to all guests that I witnessed him seating. Great atmosphere. The venue is set up like an old fashioned (yet upscale) comedy club. With rows of small tables (two chairs to each) and booths in the back. (If you Google "Brad Garrett's Comedy Club," you'll find some good pictures of the seating area under "images" - just to get an idea). You can use your phone and take pictures up until showtime - at which point phones need to be turned off. There are also cheaper seats along the bar which is located far left of the stage. I didn't take the opportunity to walk around the venue and explore, but there are tons of pictures of comedians and memorabilia on the wall - all presented in a classy - not kitschy - way.

Now, here is the one thing I was a little perturbed about: As I mentioned, I was seeing the show by myself. Purchased the more expensive of the tickets. And arrived earlier (as I was told to if I wanted to sit closer to the stage). Well, when I was seated, I was seated four rows back (even though every row in front of me had tons of open seats). I was also told someone else may be seated at my table, as they were full that evening (which I totally expected and didn't bother me). But what did bother me, is that I wasn't seated closer or even asked if I wanted to be seated closer. At first I thought maybe it was assumed that I wouldn't want to sit up front - that I would be easily offended. But that isn't the case for me. So, instead of making assumptions myself, after Paul came around again, I asked that, if he happened to get an odd-numbered group of people who wanted to sit up front, could he let me know? As I wouldn't mind sitting up front myself. He misheard me at first, and thought I just flat out asked if I could be moved up front, and responded with, "I'm sorry, I cannot move you any closer as I can't risk having an open seat up front." I said I understood, but then repeated my original request, to which he said he would be sure to come find me. Unfortunately, it just happened to be pairs who were seated up front throughout the rest of the seating process - which was fine and I still had a great seat - but I want to make sure that the weird people who go to comedy clubs by themselves (like me) know that they might not get a front row seat - despite what kind of ticket you pay for. So keep that in mind. Because, while I still had a great seat, I'm not really sure how worth it it was to pay the extra money, since I didn't even get my choice of where to sit among the empty seats. I'm sure if I would have paid for a cheaper seat and still got in line early, that I would still have had a great view. It was slightly frustrating because I wasn't told this when I purchased my ticket - and was in fact told the opposite (that I could sit up front). So again, just keep that in mind. Also, there was a reviewer earlier who said that they got the feeling seating was strategic (as they were also seated a few rows back), and while I won't flat out make that same assumption, I can also see why they would think that - as some of the people seated in the front row on the night I went instantly gave plenty of fodder for Brad Garrett to feed on throughout the night. I, on the other hand, probably wouldn't have been that funny to have up there - in addition to being a single attendee.

Anyway, as you are seated, cocktail waitresses come around to take drink orders. Then, during the show, you push a button that lights up the sign on your table - which the waitress then sees and comes to you. Which is great. Now, a lot of people have commented on the drink prices/included gratuity. I guess that part didn't really phase me. I ordered four vodka/sprites total (cheap brand) throughout the night, and the final price was about $50 (which INCLUDED tax AND 18% gratuity). For those annoyed that they add gratuity, all I have to say is that the waitresses literally do all the work. You have to do nothing but push a button. So as long as you're getting your drinks in a timely manner, they should be getting a tip. But that's just my opinion... However, don't FORGET that they already HAVE added gratuity, as there is still a tip line on the bill. In all honesty, I forgot, and wrote in a tip. But when I realized what I had done, I wasn't going to be one of those jerks who then crossed it out! lol. And since I had a great evening beginning to end, I was ok with it. What I will say though, is that the popcorn seems overpriced. It's $10. I bought a bag, and it was good, but wasn't needed. If I went again, I wouldn't get it. The show is between 90min and 2hrs long, so maybe eat dinner or something light beforehand. Also, they do not allow you to bring any of your own drinks into the venue (even water if I heard that correctly).

That's about all I have to say about the venue itself. Oh, except for I was told that there was no restroom actually inside it (though there are restrooms located outside directly across from the entrance). I was not told this by a staff member, but by the lady (also seeing the show solo) who was seated next to me and went to go find a restroom shortly before the show started. So, I'm not 100% sure how accurate that statement is. But even so, maybe try to limit your drinking so you don't have to get up during the show, as I'm sure you'll get called out for it by the comedians (as they did for those arriving to the show late as well)!

Anyway, the line-up the night I went included Brad Garrett, Kristin Key, and Danny Bevins - all of which I enjoyed. I'll talk a little about them (in case you see them on the line-up again when you go) - without mentioning and therefore ruining any of their jokes...

I've already talked quite a bit about Brad Garrett. If you are easily offended, then he might not be for you, as he makes dirty jokes, racial jokes, sexual orientation jokes, age jokes, and more. He also uses quite a bit of profanity (as well as some politically incorrect terms). As I mentioned, he wasn't as dirty as I was expecting him to be when I went (which I liked), but I'm sure every show is different, so know that ahead of time. He did make plenty of racial jokes though, as the couple I alluded to earlier who were sitting directly in front of him were Filipino. He picked on them all night - as well as an older man seeing the show with a much younger woman who were sitting next to them. Now, I will say he pulled out almost every Asian stereotype possible during his set, and I could see why people would think it was offensive (though I thought it was hilarious). Though, that being said, I couldn't see the Filipino couple's faces, so I'm not 100% sure how they took it all - though they did stay the whole show. Also, I do have to say that, despite the jokes he makes and how far he takes them, you almost get the feeling that Mr. Garrett is actually a really nice guy deep down. I think he sincerely appreciated the couple for being good sports and for coming out to see him in the first place. He does seem grateful and appreciative. He also gave them two signed hats (which he normally has for sale after his show - of which 100% of the proceeds go to his Maximum Hope Foundation). Also, keep in mind that those of you who may get offended by Brad making race or age jokes - he's Jewish AND engaged to someone over 20 years younger than him. So I would take his jokes with a grain of salt and not immediately assume there is any actual malice behind them. Quite honestly, if you enjoy Family Guy (a show that makes fun of any and everyone), then his jokes really aren't far off of that.

Next up was Kristin Key - who appeared on Last Comic Standing. I had never heard of her and when she came out with a guitar I was thinking... Oh great, *yawn.* HOWEVER, she completely surprised me. The way she builds her act allows her to get everyone - no matter what their background or beliefs - on her side. She's somewhat of a self-deprecating comic, but in a great way. Her jokes are fresh and unexpected. She does add some singing to her act, too, which maybe isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it still exceeded my expectations and I found it funny. She's also very talented vocally! Also, I won't ruin it if you haven't seen her, but after the show she sells T-Shirts (all of the comedians promoted items they would be selling after the show - so be warned), and this particular T-Shirt and the way she presented it in her set 100% made me want to buy it. So good for her and her marketing skills! Haha. Unfortunately, I went home without one as, when I was leaving the club, I stopped briefly to use the restroom, and when I came back, they (Kristin Key and Danny Bevins who were at a table outside the exit selling their items after the show) were gone - and I know I wasn't gone any longer than 10 minutes (which is about the length of time they said they would be there). So if you do want to purchase an item, I suggest you do so right away.

After Kristin Key (and a final appearance/introduction from Brad Garrett), was Danny Bevins. When he first came out and started talking, I was thinking - I'm not sure I'll like this guy. But I think he kind of purposely starts out that way. Because after the first punchline, I was hooked. He was a little loud on the mic, but what I liked about him (which might not be the same for others as compared to me specifically) is that he made jokes about things I completely related to and have actually said out loud myself. And he did have the whole room laughing and agreeing with him on most things. Though, you have to remember that this is towards the end of the show where people have already had multiple drinks - myself included - so everything seemed funny to me at this time. Even so, I would definitely recommend seeing him as well.

All in all, at the end of the day, I had a great night out - even being by myself. Sure there were some things that I was a bit frustrated with, but none of which outweighed any of the good. I would definitely go back. And while I would recommend going when Brad Garrett himself is there for the ultimate experience, I also find Brad Garrett's Comedy Club a great venue on its own - with Brad there or not. Just keep in mind that comedy is subjective and therefore hit and miss depending on the night or circumstances. If you have one bad experience with a comedian, (assuming you don't have any problems with the venue itself), I would suggest coming back for another try - everyone has an off night. But luckily for me, I was there on a night where all three comedians were having a great one! So definitely go, don't take things too seriously, and ENJOY!

Date of experience: February 2017