Tripadvisor
Las Vegas
Post
Inbox
Search

“If you like to wait 30 Minutes”
Review of Ruby's Diner

Ruby's Diner
Ranked #1,698 of 6,229 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you like to wait 30 Minutes for a cold burger than this is your place. Waited 39 minutes for a cold cheeseburger that cost $20 with fries and a water. Terrible attitude from the make good runner/manager.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (194)

Reviewed December 16, 2019

Ruby’s Dinner is located in Gate D in LAS Airport. Besides the food being expensive, it’s average at best. The service is very slow. I had to take my order to go, after waiting over 20 minutes for my food.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 13, 2019

What a pleasant surprise a decent veggie burger in an airside airport dinner. The side of fries was a decent-sized portion too. The service I experienced was okay, so other reviewers must have hit busy periods.
Next time I'm in Vegas I know where I'll be eating while waiting for a flight out.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 7, 2019 via mobile

Very limited breakfast menu...mostly burritos and sandwiches. Very overpriced, but it IS at an airport so not too out of line. Awesome breakfast sandwich was not very awesome, especially for $11. Plenty of seating. You order cafeteria style and they bring the food to you.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 1, 2019

Ruby’s Stratocruiser Bar is located in the departures terminal of McCarran International Airport. The restaurant offers self-serve with seating and a regular restaurant with alcoholic beverages and servers.

My spouse and I ordered the following:
• Deluxe bacon double Swiss cheese burger ($12.99) served with mayo dressing. An average burger.
• Ruby Club ($12.99) with turkey, bacon, lettuce and avocado. A good tasty sandwich.

If you want fries that is an optional add-on for $4.39.

Ratings breakdown
• Price vis-à-vis portion size – Food pricing is just okay. If you add fries you’re paying over $17 for the burger and fries platter. The beer is expensive. Friends ordered Goose Island IPA for $10.89 per bottle; with taxes well over $11!
• Quality and taste – above average
• Service – average

I would rate the food experience as average at 3.25 out of 5.

Notes & Tips
• Ruby’s is a California restaurant chain
• Check website for additional information. Menu pricing on website may not be up to date
• In Las Vegas, we ate at the Market Place Buffet (JW Marriott hotel off the Strip) and the Cheesecake Factory at the North Premium outlet mall. See my reviews.
• This was our last day of our Nevada-Arizona-Utah trip. During our 13 days we visited Bryce Canyon, Arches and Canyonlands, Goblin Valley, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, Glen Canyon Recreation area, Zion National Park and Valley of Fire. See my reviews.
• In Moab and Page, Arizona we stayed at the Hyatt Place Hotels. See my reviews. Also, see my restaurants reviews for Moab and Page.

Date of visit: October 2019