Artisan Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Palace Station Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)
W Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
Aztec Inn(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
Fun City Motel(Las Vegas)
  • Pool
All reviewstopless poolpool partiesoff stripgreat poolvegasloungelasnightlifefountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013

As a native Las Vegan, I consider myself a picky person when it comes to staying in a hotel. The huge, corporate-owned hotels are often a turn-off. I'm usually looking for more of an experience than just a place to stay. One of my best friends is getting married so we decided to do a girls night out/sleepover at The Artisan. I am pleased to say it was one of the best times of our lives! Our group consisted of 6 very picky 30-year-old mom's. While we were definitely looking for an adult getaway without kids, we were impressed by the hotel's attention to detail and cleanliness. The décor is incredible, with an emphasis on all things "artsy fartsy" ;) Imagine the set of "Beetlejuice" meets "The Haunted Mansion" at Disneyland. Kind of eerie and dimly-lit, it was the perfect setting for our lingerie-themed night out. The room was clean and included all amenities necessary to get ready for a girls night out. The restaurant had delicious food, the calmari was amazing. We enjoyed the techno music they played, it really started our night off on the right foot. The happy hour specials were great and budget-friendly. The location was perfect as it really is in the center of town. Overall I would recommend this place to anyone looking for more of a unique experience rather than "just a room" on the fabulous Las Vegas Strip.

Room Tip: Tell the staff specifically what you are looking for as far as good view or less noise and they will be happy to accommodate you
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
ARTISAN_MSWAIN, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for choosing the Artisan Hotel for your bachelorette party! The Artisan is one of the number hotels in Las Vegas to have rooms and parties for bachelors and bachelorettes! I am happy to hear you had such a great time. If you ever need another staycation be sure to get in contact with me!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've lived in Las Vegas for almost a decade and have never taken advantage of the countless "staycation" opportunities in this town. Maybe it's because I work on the Strip (Caesars). You kind if want to go the opposite for decompression time.
However, through the years I've heard peeps here and there of "this coolest place", The Artisan. Driving by it, it initially looks unassuming. Tucked away, I never gave it much thought as it doesn't have the flashing neon signs and arrows every other joint in this town has (which actually, is a good thing.) However, finally on a whim, I booked a room. Told my friends, to which they all good me how cool the place was; the ambiance, decor, food, etc. I was excited.

Walking onto the property's landscaping I already felt transported. You're already ensconced by a canopy of trees which serve as a lush covered parking and welcoming from all the concrete and desert you left behind only a few feet back. The black and white striped awning, Sphynx statues flanking the entrance, and thousands of clear lights lighting up the trees, topiary made it...magical. And I hadn't even entered the lobby yet!

..wow! Think Victorian-meet-Goth-meet-Art Nouveau. Whoever masterminded this was BRILLIANT. Sumptuous velvet settees and "thrones", antique chess tables and gloriously imposing fountain, dark yet cozy nooks and crannies, chandeliers letting you in on these little "secrets". Then there's the art. Carefully picked for mood, and wonderfully haphazardly displayed. On the dark, scraped- for-texture ceilings, clustered on the walls together. Everywhere, and giving an almost reverential feel. What was this place and what was it doing in a town that can often times feel so generic?

Went up to my room, where there was a frame with a name of the artist whose art was hanging in the room. Fumbling for then switch I braced myself, thinking surely the illusion would end at this point.

I was wrong!

The decor and touches had followed into the room. Black, glossy tiled bathrooms (they even have a curved shower rod and retro-styled fixtures.) Luxe sandalwood soap (I didn't try the shampoo/conditioner.) Carpet was nice even, flat screen TV. And the bed! I had opted for a king-sized, because what's the point of a solo getaway if you can't jump on the bed and do a "snow angel". =). Plush bed, cool softer than soft sheets, plenty of oversized pillows. I slept solo good that night, better than I had in ages. My only regret was I couldn't have enjoyed the room's ambience more. =)

I loved everything about my stay. Everything that i listed above, plus the whole concept that they took a previously old, tired nondescript property and transformed it into something that even skeptics would have to admit is truly remarkable. This isn't about conspicuous consumption in the Vegas bright lights MORE IS MORE!! way. It's about reinventing and presenting in a whole new way, with a little bit more substance, mystery, je nais se quoi. If you want true flavor and an ensconced escape with mood and inspiration, this little enclave is for you.
*one last note; the front desk lady, Alison, was super helpful and personable. It's always nice to be greeted and assisted by someone like her! Even in anyplace as extraordinary as The Artisan, it can make or break a stay.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, if available. I've heard their lounge can be a little loud on certain nights. I didn't have that problem, however.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank fourofem

Hello Fourofem,

Thank you for taking your time to write a such a descriptive review. It was a pleasure to read and is great for guest reading reviews of the property! Thank you so much. Please contact me on your next trip to Las Vegas for Artisan VIP Rates! I also shared your kind message with Allison our front desk clerk. Thank you again! Have a great day! We will see you soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We are normally a big casino hotel couple when we head to Vegas. This trip was with other friends that were staying at the Artisan as well. To us it was like a big bed and breakfast. Very sexy hotel with a great staff. Easy taxi ride to the strip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff C

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your review of the Artisan Boutique Hotel. Also thank you for recongizing the staff!!
I will be sure to share your comments with them. If you come back to Las Vegas let me know and I will be happy to assist you with VIP rates at the Artisan.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Artisan hotel is a place you will love or you will hate. Eclectic and sinister, underground concept, with a nice pool with electronic music all the time, a club downstairs opening until late... I must say, a real gem, something else. Don't go if you are not ready for extravagant things but you must go if you like non conventional places or like the party.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheEmptyQuarter
ARTISAN_MSWAIN, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for writing a review on the Artisan Boutique Hotel.
The Artisan is definetly something else you do not see and is
a gem. I hope to have you back as soon as possible traveling
all the way from Spain! Thank you!

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I have mixed reviews about this place. Let me start with the good stuff, because the good is really good. The facade of the building is gorgeous, it feels like something out of an old Hollywood movie. The inside is stunning, it has a dreamy yet dark feeling to it. I felt like I was in a David Lynch movie, but in a really good way. The furniture, to the fountain in the lobby, to all the art... There are no words. Pictures nor words can do the atmosphere justice. It's very close to the strip, I liked being able to get to the craziness of the strip quickly and then being able to come back to a calm environment. Quick tip: free parking at Circus Circus on the strip, then you can walk around and explore. As far as the other reviews talking about how noisy the Artisan is, we did not experience this at all. We stayed on a Tuesday and it was mellow and peaceful. The restaurant was a tad pricey for what it was, but the food was good and the waiter was really nice and helpful with our questions. I can't remember his name unfortunately. One thing to remember though, it only opens at 4pm.

Onto the bad. And I usually don't notice this kind of stuff nor complain about it, but it really bugged me. The room itself was really nice, and all rooms have a different theme based on different artists. The problem was the cleanliness of the room. It was really dusty, there was hair in the shower and the faucet in the sink was dirty. Like I said, I don't usually complain about things like this but it bothered me a lot.
I would stay here again because for what it is, the price was right and the atmosphere was really nice. However I really hope that someone from the hotel reads this and tries to improve on the cleanliness of the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Missfree_asabird

Hi Missfree_asabird,

I am happy to hear you had such a good time and enjoyed the decor.
I also shared your review with our housekeeping manager to address
the room issues you had. Please feel free to contact me on your next
trip to Las Vegas. Mswain@artisanhotel.com