“Management Saves the day...”
Review of Artisan Hotel

Artisan Hotel
Ranked #176 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 19, 2012

First, overall I would rate the hotel overall a 4.5 out of 5. The hotel is unique, clean, nice (but not posh) and has the majority of amenities you would expect at any of the newer strip/casino hotels. Plus...it's not on the strip (that gets old). There are a few things like a lack of consistent hot water that anoyed me, but did not really detract from my overall experience. One of the real pluses to this hotel though are the people and the customer service...starting with the Valets, all the way up through management. My interactions with the employees were great. However, It was an interaction with the front desk lead, Tara that definately made me feel like customer service is not dead and is actually alive and thriving at the Artisan. Long story short, my last night there was DREADFUL due to some very bad people doing very bad things in the hallway right outside my room. Ultimately the issue had to be resolved by law enforcement, but not before an entire night of rest was...gone. Upon check out in the morning, I was greated by an energetic Tara, who without promting from me, was ready to listen to my story, apologetic for the situation (even though she had not been working that night shift) and ready with a remedy to counteract my dreadful last night. I did not expect any of that quite frankly, but it was a welcome surprise. I left the Artisan tired, but satisifed the unfortunate circumstances that had occured the night before were erased by how well the situation was ultimately handled. My wife and I will be staying again in December and have already suggested The Artisan to several friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zmann0070
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hello and thank you kindly for your amazing review. I appreciate all feedback. I will be sure to share this information with Tara- our front office lead. She is amazing and I am glad you were able to speak with her during your stay.

I am excited for your return. Please call or email me at any time. I would like to throw in an extra sweetener just for being a valued retuned guest.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to let other travelers know how great the Artisan truly is!!!

I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Discovered this hotel four years ago, while spending a new years eve with some friends and have been staying there ever since then.
I currently visit Vegas for business at least once a month, and the Artisan never disappoints.
The location it's right on the spot, close to everything, yet you have the ability of going in n out the hotel in just a few seconds, not like the strip casinos where it takes you a couple of minutes just to reach the lobby!
Gotta love the fact that's a non gambling casino, you get to avoid all that comes with it!
The bar/lounge at the Artisan is a hidden gem, mostly known by locals, is the perfect place to avoid the strip filed with tourists!
And the decor, it's just amazing, all through out the place, every time I visit I find something new to look at.
Service rivals the one from the strip, very helpful and willing employees. I usually get earlier check ins and late check outs with no problems, just a request away.

Just glad I found the Artisan that one New Year's Eve four years ago!

2  Thank GabrielDP
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Hello and thank you so much for your detailed review. I am pleased you have been a part of the Artisan Family for over four years. I would love to speak with you and personally check you into the hotel on your next trip. As a matter of fact please call or email me direct when you’re ready to return. It will be my pleasure to secure your reservations and throw in a nice sweetener just for being such a loyal guest.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff as they are absolutely amazing- and I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay yet again!!

Thank you for your kind comments about our bar/lounge- we are said to be the hidden Gem in Vegas, and I believe you’ve just confirmed that!!!!

Please give me a shout when you’re ready for round five- I can’t wait to meet you.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had been a long time fan of the Artisan Lounge, so I was quite excited to book my first stay at the hotel. Unfortunately, I was left quite disappointed. The rooms have not been kept up, which leave them feeling cheap and used. They could definitely use a fresh coat of paint and extra cleaning. The staff was rarely at the front desk, so it was hard to get service or assitance. Saturday night's security guards at the front door were out right rude. We were not aware that as hotel guest we would have to jump through hoops to enter the building. When we mentioned that we were guests, and not club goers, the guards started making rude, condescending comments such as: "Watch out! High rollers." and "Someone call the paparazzi." I wish I had read reviews before booking, because the noise is a problem. We hung out at the lounge, but you didn't expect to hear it up in the room. I will say the best part of our stay was the Lounge & Valet staff. They were the friendliest & most helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MissVail
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hello and thank you for your review. I am terribly sorry we did not meet your expectations with our service or with our rooms, for that I do apologize please call or email me at your convenience as I would like to address all your concerns and find a solution to what seemed to be a disappointing stay.

Thank you for taking time out of your day and I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Very Respectfully,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We came to refer the Artisan Hotel (jokingly) as the Hotel California, because we booked 4 days and checked out after 12 (days). We could have checked out anytime we liked, we just didn't WANT to leave.

We had plenty of comped and deeply discounted rooms (4 star hotels) at our disposal, but once we read the reviews for the Artisan we knew instantly that this was the place for us. The reviews made us apprehensive about service, but we received everything that we asked for. The staff was responsive, yet laid back and non intrusive, just as it should be.

We arrived on Halloween morning via a shuttle bus from McCarren Airport.

The Attributes:
1) Great staff, sure you may not find the butt kissers that you would at most 4 star resorts, but the workers there are real. We were there longer than most, were treated with total respect, and everyone seemed genuinely happy to acknowledge us whenever they saw us.
2)The After hours PARTY SCENE. Thursday through Sunday nights, it is an unbelievable AFTER HOURS venue. The DJ did such a great job of putting out current tracks that we don't recall them recycling songs. Yes it may have been loud enough to hear it from the room, but it wasn't obnoxious.
3) Even during their busy times of the late night, they would bring up ice when requested.
4) We were able listen to our own music without concern of complaint.
5) The food is exceptional.
6) The pool (what can't you say about an adult pool with cabana's?)
7) The service, they'll do what they can to make your stay better if they can. I've been told that they can arrange a car rental for you to avoid some of the outrageous Airport surcharges.
8) Location to strip clubs (not saying that we went to any, but if we wanted to this would be the place for it).
9) Access to I-15
10) Security (just the right amount)

The drawbacks:
1) It didn't take us long to realize that we would probably need to rent a car or find a fair cabby (fortunately the Valet was able to hook us up with the later). You cannot walk a couple of minutes to get a quick bite to eat, snack food, smokes, or aspirin.
2) No refrigerators, or microwaves in the rooms.
3) For a party hotel, maid service should be available later in the day. We would have liked to have been able to enjoy BOTH partying all night AND having a cleaned room. Just after the time changed, I asked the maid if she would clean our room. She said "no, too late, I done for day". It was 1:30 so I called the front desk requesting service. They were happy to do it. The maid wasn't though, she said we had a "do not disturb" door hanger out. She provided us a different door hanger pointing (repeatedly) to where it said "maid service ends at 3 pm". We usually didn't wake up until after 1 pm, getting clean towels was easy but our room was only cleaned 2 times (in 12 days). That was the only reason we weren't able to rate their service 5 stars.

All in all our experience was overwhelmingly positive. We had such a good time there that we are planning on renting a suite for the weekend of our son's 21st birthday (this month). We are also relocating to the LV area and intend on staying there at least once a month.

Room Tip: If you are not planning on dancing until the sun comes up, and need quiet to sleep. We would recomm...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M_L_Cabrera

Hello and thank you for our detailed review. It gives me great pleasure to hear our valued guest have an exceptional time when they are staying with us.

A 12 day trip is nice and what better place to do it at then here at the Artisan. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the Staff, food, club and pool.

I will make sure I speak with my housekeeping department regarding the maid service during your stay. This is not usual and for that I do apologize. Please let me know when you’re ready for round two- I will make you reservations and throw in a nice sweetener just for becoming our new VIP.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Artisan for almost a full week from Monday to Sunday. I enjoyed it but there are definitely some issues with the hotel that need to be addressed before it can really become a serious alternative to the major resort hotels.

First of all, I really liked the intimate atmosphere and how by the end of my stay everyone knew my name. I also liked how they picked room 420 for me upon check in, was kind of an inside joke the whole time.

Make no mistakes, this is a party hotel. That is why I chose it. Not to say you can't get business done because I was here for business for the SEMA show.

The problem? Super slow internet. Sure, it's free, but it's horribly slow. Try uploading photo coverage from a car show, took hours. This is really a deal breaker for me since my work is internet related. Of every hotel I've ever stayed at in Vegas the Artisan internet access was the slowest. Only the RIO was as bad in this respect. This needs to be addressed, I'll gladly pay for internet access if necessary. At least give me the option!

The water heater broke during the stay and there was no water for 3 hours. Not a big deal, they fixed it in a 3 hour span. Things happen, I was impressed how quickly they resolved it.

The elevator is HORRIBLY slow. It somewhat adds to the charm but there is nothing charming about waiting 10 minutes to get to your room when a bit drunk. Either another elevator needs to be installed somewhere or the current one needs to be replaced with a speedier alternative.

Yes, you can hear the music from the club even on the 4th floor. They provide ear plugs and secondly I was one of those people still partying when the sun was up. I loved it, absolutely loved it. I have no idea why people are surprised or complaining about this. It's pretty obvious when they say #1 after hours. This isn't a place to do a bible study.

Only downside to my club experience there was during check-in I said I wanted table service for Halloween but nobody got back to me :( Bummer, I was trying to spend money.

Also, there is no place to get food! Room service is only offered on Friday/Saturday during certain hours. Well when I'm done partying what in the world am I supposed to eat? There is literally nothing within walking distance not that one wants to walk after a night out anyway. This is a major, MAJOR issue that needs to be resolved. I want room service 24/7, you guys figure out how to make it work. I understand the hotel is pretty empty during the week and it doesn't make financial sense but at least offer things that can be microwaved or easily heated. Something... anything.

As far as the location of the hotel, food choices notwithstanding, I liked it a lot. Tons of entertainment venues within walking distance and also you get to avoid all the traffic of the strip.

I'll stay here again and may stay every time but need these things resolved:

- Speed of internet access
- Food options

That's it. Next time for me it's the 5th floor and one of their big suites. I thought about rating it 3 stars but I just had so much fun.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph W

Hello and Thank you for your detailed review. I appreciate all the time you took out to let us know our Pros and cons. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the staff and our bar. I will make sure I address the issues you had with our wireless internet.

I am pleased to say we will be opening back up for Breakfast very soon! We will have more food options as you requested.

Please give me a shout when you are ready for round two- it will be my pleasure to place you in a suite and throw in a nice sweetener.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day, I look forward to speaking to you very soon.

702.214.4000 Ext 111

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Artisan has the coolest art ever of ANY HOTEL I have ever been to. The problem with this is "they know it" so they don't really give much else in the way of extras. However thankfully the staff did its best to overcome its snobbiness to be reluctantly accommodating, namely Tara and the lady GM whose Spanish name starts also with a G ... Gimena? Apparently they also boast the hottest after hours in ALL of Las Vegas that rages until 8am so if this is what you are looking for, look no further.
Finally, their topless optional pool is what my personal stay worthwhile.

• Stayed: October 2012
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments and we do hope you return and give us round two of your review. Our staff really is amazing and thank you for telling everyone about them as we strive to provide the best customer service, I remember your stay and thank you for your kind of comments about Tara; as she is one of our shinning stars. Please let me know when you will return so I can make your future hotel accommodations. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wanna tell you what happened in this hotel during my stay in las vegas!when we arrived at the desk, the receptionist charged 300USD more on my credit card!she did a mistake and she weren't albe to solve what she did!so i spended my in las vegas with 300$ less! The second night when we came back in our room, we found a party in the same floor!high music all night long!we couldn t sleep! The day after the maid doesn t cleaned our room and during the last night some guys tried to come inside our room! They were able to open the door cause they had a room key and i don't know how does it's possible!It was a orrible night for me! Afterall the manager was very unpolite!if you wanna book this hotel you have to know that is not allow sleep during the night, and is not allow have a clean towels everyday!

2  Thank RitaDam
ArtisanGM, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. No excuses. We did not meet your expectations with our service and for that I do apologize. With every review good or bad gives us a better understanding of the number one priority, our valued guest. I do apologize for what seemed like a lack of communication and if given the opportunity a chance to provide a true Boutique experience in one of our lavish suites. I truly apologize that you felt as though i was not helpful and impolite.

Again thank you for taking time out of your day and I hope you give us a chance for round two.

Very Respectfully,