“What a nightmare!”

Ranked #178 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Boston, Massachusetts
“What a nightmare!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I just stayed here on Friday, September 21, 2012. I booked the room through hotels.com because it was cheap for a Friday night and now I know why. I was here for business and needed to wake up early on Saturday morning so I could go to work. I didn't get one hour of sleep. The bass for the club downstairs was pounding my room and I was on the 4th floor. I am so mad! Upon checkout, the women at the desk never asked how my stay was.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BosLegal83
ArtisanGM, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. I apologize for any lack of sleep the After-hours may have caused you- as we are the number one place to be on the weekends it can get a little loud.

During the week Monday- Wednesday it is a very relaxing and calm place to be. Please give the Artisan another chance during our slower nights to prove to you what other travelers absolutely love about us.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day. I hope to hear from you soon.

xkeyes@artisanhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Grand Junction, CO
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I come to Vegas about every other weekend or so and every time I come I stay at the Artisan, for good reason:

Location: It is off the Strip and away from all the craziness of Vegas that stresses me out and it is just around the corner from where I work.

Appearance: The Artisan is just BEAUTIFUL. There are quality prints of eloquent art and mirrors everywhere. . . and I mean everywhere. . . The outside glows purple at night and is surrounded by palm trees.

Valet: Honestly one of my favorite parts about the hotel. The valet guys are QUALITY and always generous and down-to-earth. I used to drive here (now I fly) and my car was. . . well, let's just say it wasn't "Vegas" quality. But it got good gas mileage and never broke down on me. I love that car. Anywhere else I went in Vegas the valet would silently judge me based on my vehicle. But the valets at the Artisan get it, they loved my car and parked me in VIP spaces and took good care of my car. Even now that I don't have a vehicle they hook me up with quick cab rides and we always have a good chat. Also, I always see Tony working so hard and almost every night it seems, whatever that guy is making he should be making double. The valet guys here are A+.

Rooms: First, I've never stayed in a suite, I always get just a regular room. The rooms are painted a flat grey (which is just really neat and different to me) and are themed: each room has a different artist's work featured on all of the walls. The beds are very wide and comfortable, the view of Vegas is great even from the 3rd floor, and the bathrooms are a good size. I've never had a problem getting to sleep here during the day and I don't have an issue with the parties that go on all night every weekend because I work during the night.

Cleanliness: Spotless. I mean completely spotless. Never a stain, never a speck of dust. And the cleaning staff is always considerate of the fact that I sleep during the day.

Pool: Honestly, I've only been down there once. I don't like being out in the sun too much. But they have cabanas and daybeds and I know there is almost always something very cool going on down there on the weekends. The pool is clean but small, and there are trees surrounding the area so no one can see you while you sunbathe topless. ;) I love the music the DJ plays and sometimes I'll open up my window from my room just to have some music.

Restaurant and bar: I've only eaten there three times but every time the food was of great quality and the service was quick and friendly. They also do room service. Story time: One day I was not feeling well at all and hadn't eaten in a few days. I went down to the bar to get some fresh air and the bartender looked at me and without a word poured me some orange juice and ordered me some oatmeal with fruit. I was so thankful and left him a big tip. He told me to get better and to let him know if I needed anything, I just thought that was so cool. Unfortunately I haven't seen him working since.

Misc.: I love the people who work at the front desk, they are always so quick to help and take my reservations. They greet me with a smile and make sure I'm taken care of. I also must make note that the internet is very fast here, which is good because I work from my computer sometimes. There are raging parties here every weekend, and although I've never actually stayed downstairs to party (I'm usually way too tired from working) whenever I walk through to get to the elevator all I see are smiles and people dancing their butts off to dubstep and house music. Also, they give me a good discount on rooms because I work locally, which is ALWAYS appreciated!

I have stayed in almost every hotel in or around the Strip and I will only stay at the Artisan now: they are friendly, clean, and really know how to have a good time without being snooty or stuck-up but still classy.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep at night during the weekend get a room on the top floor on the north side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Hello and thank you so much for your amazing review.
I appreciate all feedback. I will make sure to share this with my staff and also our valet- Tony he is such a hard worker and always polite. I will pass this along to Las Vegas Parking so they know as well.

I am so pleased you enjoy all outlets of Artisan. We are proud of our property and are pleased to announce you are now one of our new VIP’S.

Thank you for your detailed review and for taking time out of your busy day to share this great feedback with other travelers.

Respectfully,
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Decided to give this Hotel a try for a few nights when our Ac went out in August, and we were delighted.. We checked in during a Tuesday and noticed the amazing lobby immediately. We stopped by the bar and felt like we were in a cozy little place in Europe.. Great atmosphere and amazing local rates. The Only draw back is the hotel is 1/4 miles from a freeway.. Special Thanks To Drake at the Front Desk, he made our stay wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ArtisanGM, Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for you review, I’m glad you enjoyed our lovely property. I will be sure to share this review with my staff and give special kudos to Drake.

Please let me know when you’re ready for round two. It will be my pleasure to secure a reservation for you and personally check you in.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how great the Artisan truly is!

Cheers,
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel is amazing!
Well, if you like random styles.
Everything is really clean and is looking magnificent.
Especially when you're in the room you feel like a queen!
It's quite far from the strip so a taxi is recommended.
If you want to sleep, please don't visit this this hotel in the weekend, big parties in the lounge ... and theres a big possibility that there are orgies going on there then..

This hotel is just an amazing experience to stay for a few nights but I prefer a hotel more nearby the strip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
ArtisanGM, Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for you review , we always appreciate feedback. It’s the only way we can increase our level of service I am very glad to know that you had a great stay with us. Next time you are in Las Vegas, give me a shout and we can upgrade you to one of our Boutique Suites I assure you the next time you will enjoy it just as much.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how fun our property is.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I can't have an opinion on the Artisan Hotel, because I have not stayed in a room there. Though I would assume it is pretty good from what I have seen in the lobby, pool, and valet service.

However, I am going to say that the Artisan is the best kept secret for a really good after-hour club with the best house, techno, progressive DJ music, in Vegas. Well, i don't know how much of a secret it is to the locals. But when a Vegas resident took me to it, i had the time of my life!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We really do appreciate the positive feedback from our new friends.

If you are back in Las Vegas again, give me a shout and I will personally make your reservation in one of our signature Boutique suites.

Cheers,
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was my 2nd visit at the Artisan, we were fully aware that the club goes all night long and were excited to go back. Unforunatley, my boyfriend only had flip flops on and the wouldnt let us in =( Our room was once again great & can't wait to see what the suite has to offer. I stayed in room 521 and 526 in the past. Not sure where the suites would be? From check in to check out the staff once again was amazing, Drake helped check me out and forgive me cant remember the girl who checked us in but she did do a courtesty call to our room shortly after to make sure we were comfy. A +++ I did try and book online directly through the hotel and get the free champagne, however the room rate was $15-20 cheaper on hotels.com then through the hotel web site directly so I did book through them. We stayed August 31st

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ArtisanGM, Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay I’m sorry that we did not allow your boyfriend in the lounge with flip flops- we do have a dress code, I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your kind comments about Drake, he is one of our locals favored guest services agent.
I will be pleased to share this great review with him.

Please let me know when you are ready for round two, it would be my pleasure to make your reservations and personally check you into the hotel.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how amazing the Artisan truly is.

Hotel Manager,
Beaumont, California
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend to attend the pool party, and The only positive thing we have to say about this place is that the party was fun, the outdoor grounds are pretty and the staff is very nice. I guess if you're 25 and looking for a 24/7 Rave party, this is the place for you! But, If you actually want to sleep at night....DO NOT stay here. Apparently, the party starts at 10 pm and goes ALL night long. It really wouldn't be that bad, except for the fact that other guests feel its ok to run up and down the halls all night, yelling, screaming and carrying on. Its like staying in a frat house. Obviously the management is ok with this type of behavior because it is a nightly occurrence. Although our room was a 'non smoking' room, the hallways stink of cigarette smoke terribly, and the lobby and hallways are so dark you can barely see where you are going. The whole hotel feels like you're staying in a Haunted House. Over all it was an extremely disappointing experience. As for the bedbugs...there may be something to this accusation, as my husband suddenly has a 'rash' all over his lower back which he noticed as soon as we got home from our trip. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, and there is absolutely NO chance we will ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank funseekers777
Hello and thank you for your review. With every guest and their comments/ concerns helps to build a better understanding of our guest and their needs.

I am concerned with the issues you addressed in your review and would like to discuss them with you if I can speak with you via phone or email.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels