“Las Vegas like never before”
Review of Artisan Hotel

Artisan Hotel
Ranked #174 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was my 2nd visit at the Artisan, we were fully aware that the club goes all night long and were excited to go back. Unforunatley, my boyfriend only had flip flops on and the wouldnt let us in =( Our room was once again great & can't wait to see what the suite has to offer. I stayed in room 521 and 526 in the past. Not sure where the suites would be? From check in to check out the staff once again was amazing, Drake helped check me out and forgive me cant remember the girl who checked us in but she did do a courtesty call to our room shortly after to make sure we were comfy. A +++ I did try and book online directly through the hotel and get the free champagne, however the room rate was $15-20 cheaper on hotels.com then through the hotel web site directly so I did book through them. We stayed August 31st

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ArtisanGM, Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Hello and thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay I’m sorry that we did not allow your boyfriend in the lounge with flip flops- we do have a dress code, I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your kind comments about Drake, he is one of our locals favored guest services agent.
I will be pleased to share this great review with him.

Please let me know when you are ready for round two, it would be my pleasure to make your reservations and personally check you into the hotel.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how amazing the Artisan truly is.

Hotel Manager,

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend to attend the pool party, and The only positive thing we have to say about this place is that the party was fun, the outdoor grounds are pretty and the staff is very nice. I guess if you're 25 and looking for a 24/7 Rave party, this is the place for you! But, If you actually want to sleep at night....DO NOT stay here. Apparently, the party starts at 10 pm and goes ALL night long. It really wouldn't be that bad, except for the fact that other guests feel its ok to run up and down the halls all night, yelling, screaming and carrying on. Its like staying in a frat house. Obviously the management is ok with this type of behavior because it is a nightly occurrence. Although our room was a 'non smoking' room, the hallways stink of cigarette smoke terribly, and the lobby and hallways are so dark you can barely see where you are going. The whole hotel feels like you're staying in a Haunted House. Over all it was an extremely disappointing experience. As for the bedbugs...there may be something to this accusation, as my husband suddenly has a 'rash' all over his lower back which he noticed as soon as we got home from our trip. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, and there is absolutely NO chance we will ever stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank funseekers777
ArtisanGM, Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Hello and thank you for your review. With every guest and their comments/ concerns helps to build a better understanding of our guest and their needs.

I am concerned with the issues you addressed in your review and would like to discuss them with you if I can speak with you via phone or email.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We first found out about the Artisan when my wife and I were looking for a party pool to hang out at and loved it. The daybeds are open to first come first serve every day except Saturday and the pool atmosphere is great. Me and my wife have found our new place to stay when we come to Vegas. Quick valet service, no kids running around and a great staff!

Room Tip: Stay on the pool side of the hotel if you want a little quieter stay at night because the party goes...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Hello and thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear you and your husband had a delightful time. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and valet. They do a great job and try to provide exceptional customer service.

Please email or call me when you are ready for round two. I would like to get a rounds of drinks for you and your husband on me!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and for becoming our new Friend.

Xkeyes@artisanhotel.com

Reviewed August 24, 2012

It's pretty bad that I know the hotel manager on a first name basis. No matter what Ximena always remembers my name first and last name! That's a huge plus in my book! I love the fact that I always let the staff pick which room to put me in. They're all different and very chic! As far as the party going on downstairs on the weekends I love it, who comes to Vegas and actually sleeps? The staff is very friendly and every time I stay at The Artisan I never experience and bed bugs or moths! I don't know what the hell those people are talking about, but i love this hotel. Every since I started coming to this hotel since Feb I would only stay at the Artisan. The staff makes me feel right at home from the friendly valet to Ximena checking me in and giving me my room keys, even the cute guy that brings champagne up to my room. I recommend this place to all my friends that love to party! I can't wait to go and stay at the hotel next month. I'm sure I'm going to have a blast and I'm bringing as many people as possible!

Room Tip: People that are trying to sleep I would advise you to get a room on the top floor!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you so Much. I appreciate your feedback. We have missed you the last month. The entire property is excited and awaiting your arrival.

I am happy to hear your enjoy the Artisan for its unique décor but most of all the customer service and great atmosphere.

Please let me know when you are arriving ill make sure to personally check you in again, and send up the cute guy with your complimentary champagne once again.

Thank you so much for your great review and for letting other travelers know how we treat all our VIP’s.

Have a wonderful day. I look forward to your return.
Artisan Boutique awaits your arrival.

Cheer,

702.214.4000 Ext 111

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I recently had my wedding at the Artisan and it was a beautiful wedding, but many other aspects of our stay were not acceptable. We had an upgraded suite and as the bride and groom, you would expect one of the best rooms they had. Our room wasn't terrible, but they had to fix the blinds, the doorknob to the bathroom, a lamp statue and the light in the closet, the first day we were there. The manager took care of everything the first night but then when the closet light burned out again, it was never fixed while we were there, even after we called twice on the day of the wedding. There was also no coffee ready at the bar for guests in the morning, as we were told there would be.
I booked during the week because the Artisan is supposed to be relatively quiet and I was told there were no events happening. We arrived to find there would be a huge event taking place the same night as my wedding (a Wednesday). We never got to use the pool because the day before the wedding they were setting up a stage in the pool-- the day of the wedding was this event, and the day after the wedding they broke down the stage and had a swingers party. All of these events I was not aware of prior to arrival, even though we were having our wedding and reception on the property. The night of the wedding there was such a big party that my groom and bridal party had to fight with the door guy to get back in because of "the list" and some of my guests had to pay to get back in after going to eat dinner and returning to the hotel.
As I said, the wedding was beautiful,but we were treated as if our dissatisfaction was kind of ridiculous. Our room was comped for our stay by the manager, but only after a difficult conversation. I am still trying to work with the hotel. Great place to stay for fun, would maybe stay there again if rates were low. If planning a wedding there, have the ceremony there only because they will not give you priority of the hotel, even if you have 40-50 people staying, eating, drinking, and spending their money.

Room Tip: Rooms on South end of hotel are not facing the road and much quieter. The valets are very helpful an...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TucsonAmelie
ARTISAN_MSWAIN, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hello,

My name is Michael Swain. I am the new General Manager of the Artisan Boutique Hotel. We have made many improvements over the past year. Please let me know if you would like to try coming back to the Artisan Hotel again.

Michael Swain

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My friend and I stayed here back in early July 2012 and enjoyed our stay here. We originally booked our room for one night, but after staying and enjoying Vegas, we decided to stay 2 extra nights. The front desk was very friendly and helpful and fixed us up right away with an even better discount that we had before (including free champagne)! Our room was fantastic, beds were great, the lobby - amazing, and the service we received was excellent! We also really enjoyed the free valet service (just make sure to tip the drivers!). Every hotel on the strip has free parking, so when we wanted to explore the strip we just found a nearby hotel free parking garage and went on our way.
Since I've been home, I've told many of my friends and family members to stay at the Artisan Hotel the next time they go to Vegas.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Hello and thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay that you decided to extend multiple nights.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I lived in Vegas for many years before I moved to Los Angeles, and I still return to Vegas often for business. I never stay anywhere but the Artisan Hotel.

The decor alone is enough reason to stay here. Think dramatic gothic color palettes, beautiful mirrors and art reproductions in antiqued frames, ornate dark wood furniture, and rich red upholstery. A step into the lobby is a step into another world. Each guest room is decorated with art reproductions from one particular artist. I've stayed in the Toulouse Lautrec room, the Marc Chagall room, the Michaelangelo room, etc. Beds are high quality (a must for me - I have a degenerative joint disorder).

The valets, bellmen, housekeepers, and desk clerks here always provide me with kind, prompt service. Everyone working here seems happy to be here. They remember repeat visitors.

Most of the hotels in Vegas are gaming hotels. The problem with gaming hotels is that in order to get to your room, you are forced by the very design of the building to trudge through the entire noisy, smokey gaming floor first. There is no direct route to your hotel room. When you want to leave, it's the same long, stinky, headache-inducing journey. The Artisan is a non-gaming hotel, and also smoke free; a rarity in Las Vegas.

As a former local, let me tell you a secret: you don't want to stay ON the strip. You want to stay directly NEXT TO the strip. Las Vegas blvd gets incredibly congested at night. The Artisan is located one block off the strip on Sahara. You're perfectly positioned to take advantage of side streets and easily get to any location on the strip you wish. If you want to go to the strip and gamble, it's incredibly easy.

Parking at the Artisan is all valet, but it's free. Just remember to tip your valet when picking up your car.

In a city notorious for underwhelming, overpriced room service, the Artisan is a breath of fresh air. The hotel restaurant is a little pricey, but you get quality deserving of the expense. Last night, I had the sea-bass sent to my room. It was two giant, moist, flaky fillets with delicious mashed potatoes and Asian slaw. Fantastic.

Everyone should check out the hotel bar. I don't care if you don't drink. Buy a coke or something and enjoy the slightly deranged and spooky steampunk ambiance of the lounge area. I love it in there.

The only thing someone might not like about this place is that the bar/lounge gets a lot of traffic on weekends. The party doesn't stop until the wee hours. That said, I've never personally found the noise level disruptive to my sleep or otherwise. If you're a parent with babies or perhaps a fuddy-duddy, you might not like it.

Overall, this is an incredible hotel, and especially for the price. It's comfortable, beautiful, and not like any other hotel on earth. Give it a try. You'll love it.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the Masterpiece suite is SO worth it, if you're traveling for a special occasion...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your review. It was an amazing and enjoyable one to read. We absolutely love our locals and all new friends we make each and every day!!!

I do remember you and your husband- Happy Anniversary by the way.
I am so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. I’m so glad you liked our sea bass as it is one of our top sellers and one of my favorites as well. (I will make sure to give kudos to our Chefs)

Our lounge and its staff are phenomenal- very different and also unforgettable. I like to think we are the hidden Gem in Las Vegas. I like all the facts you pointed, that make us different from other hotels. Here we remember you by name and offer a more personable experience.
On behave of the Artisan and its Team; we would like to thank you for your kind review.

Please give me a shout when you’re ready to return. I can offer you the same sweet deal for always reserving direct and being such a loyal guest.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how GREAT we truly are. I look forward to speaking with you very soon!