“wow, very challenging and beautiful course”

Bear's Best Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Collection of Jack Nicklaus' award-winning golf layouts that showcases the most challenging holes from more than 200 of his courses worldwide.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Wow, Jack at is best, receptive greens, chllenging fairways, black sand sandtrap, not one hole looks the same, the views of the mountains and the Las Vefas stip is spectacular, the homes near the course are amazing.

The course is wonderful and fun to play, 20 minutes from the strip. I booked it with golfnow.com and you can find some good deals cheaper than $249.00....regular charges.

The main complaints is near some of the holes the grass is different quality and the rough was not cut in equal length.

I played 3 courses that week (TPC $169, Bear's best $180 and Canyone gate $155) it the Bear's best ranked 2nd....I will play it again definitely

1  Thank AndreMontrealCanada
in 30 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 17 reviews

Reviewed August 3, 2012

As a semi-regular visitor to the Las Vegas area, I like to try and play at least 5 times during my week long visits. Bears Best is always one I play when I am in town. Located in Summerlin, it is a hike from the strip so a rental car is a must as a taxi would be more than the cost of the round. From the strip you can take Flamingo road all the way there.

The course is made up of 18 of Jack's signature hole designs from some of his more reknown courses. No idea how they picked them, but it does make for some interesting and memorable play. I've never had a problem with any of the staff there as they have always been the upmost professionals. In fact, on one particular visit, I was on the range and the teaching pro saw I was having issues straightening out my drive. The gentleman, game to my aid and worked with me for 15 minutes, on his time, offering tips and set-up advice and in a matter of a few swings I was right on track.

All the carts have GPS, and sometimes the accuracy can be questionable, but if you are a 5 or below handicap, you should know your game well enough to not have to rely on those yardages. The GPS does help as it will give you the hole layout and listen to jack's advice, it does help. The fairways, greens and bunkers are always in great shape everytime I have played there. The greens can be fast, yet they are fair, and for some reason most greens will break towards the Vegas Strip if it is in view on that hole. The views of the surrounding area and the Vegas Strip are simply awesome. There are a lot of HUGE and incredible houses on most holes on this course, but unless you are simply awful, they generally do not come into play. There are many holes that will tempt you to take a short cut, but beware, the carries are a lot longer than you think. Not all the holes are Jack's greatest, but from the first tee to the last green, you will find the course fun to play and very memorable. The course is a great value compared to some of the others in the Vegas area.

* TIP* - They usually over seed sometime in Sept every year so the course is usually shut down for a while and when it re-opens it will be cart path only for a few weeks.

1  Thank travelinggolfer757
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Far away from strip. Rent a car if you are going to play this dog track. Tom is the golf shop was very rude. Very slow getting check in and there was only two other people checking in. Starter was also very rude and did not care about me. Starter just wanted to get some of his friends on the course. Slow play and no course host all day. GPS did not work very well. Golf cart was dirty. Bartender was very nice but everything else was poor. Drink was stiff and can not say anything else postive at this place. Well never come back. Also will tell all my friends to stay away. Poorly run club.

1  Thank Jason R
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Nobody seems to repair pitch marks not even the green staff and the sand was sparse and compacted.a great disappointment.If this is high status golf give me my local course in Scotland.I am glad my name isn't on it

1  Thank tr625