“Location”

Ranked #52 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Location”
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Pros
On the Strip, near The Venetian. Good prices.

Cons
Staff, security, service.

Vegas have many others valuable options to stay, only choose it if you have a Congress or Convention in the Venetian and you dont want to spend much money.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank ALR77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We've been to this hotel several times, but after this last weekend will not return.
The front desk staff was unfriendly when we checked in or out. They were not pleasant on the phone when we called to advise them that the elevator didn't work and when we called at the end of the day for status, they didn't even know the elevator was out of service.
The rooms are quite nice. Both the room and the halls are very clean and I really like the upscale appearance. The downsides were-
After the first day, the air conditioning quit working.
Every night around 3 am a huge truck woke me; I think it was a garbage truck.
The soda machine in the hall dispensed only warm sodas.
The shower was good for the first person, but ran cold water for the second.
There was a nice, big screen TV in our room, but it didn't work.

The location and the rates are the reason we have stayed there. We have recommended Casino Royale to our friends and family over the years; however, we won't be going back there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank unhappy024
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Casino Royale has some of the nicest people we have ever come across in/on a vacation. Having beeen here many times before we knew what to expect and we were not disappointed. Rooms are very clean and well kept during our stay. The refrigerator is a huge bonus. Mom took full avantage of the coffee maker in the room throughout the day. The location can not be beat and if you are on a budget many low cost food options are within a short walking distance.

Great central location for a lot of fun!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank myrtlebeachtravelers
dfw
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Cant tell you how dissapointed I was in the cleanliness of the room and the arrogance of the pit crew. I like to save money as much as the next person, but not in this kind of filth and lack of customer service and arogance of the pit bosses.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank gutshot
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 14, 2009

The Casino Royale is a very no frill hotel. Not that makes it a bad place to stay. The location of the hotel is right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip. I found it very easy to walk to other locations with great ease. The room was very spacious and looked as if it had been recently updated. The complimentary in room safe and dry bar with coffeemaker was a great amenity with no additional costs. The bathroom was spacious and stocked with plenty of pluses and plenty of towels. Upon check-in I encounterd a very friendly host. Considering it was late in the evening he was very quick and thoughtful. He even mentioned nearby hotels that offered free shuttles to other locations and reminded me that the hotel offered a luggage holding area if my check out and flight did not correlate. Now, there were a few negatives. The walls seemed a bit thin. I could hear people coming and going in the hall and could hear the tv in the room next to me. My room was located next to the outdoor courtyard area that sits between Casino Royale and Harrahs and there was some type of loudspeaker going on and on. I went to Vegas to run the marathon so I spent more time in the room then a usual, so these things were probably were more noticeable. After checking in I went down to the Casino to sign up for the "fun book" they offer. The hostess was rather curt and did not seem happy. Since it seemed I was bothering her as she was processing the request, I questioned why they didn't just offer the book when I checked in, she never acknowledged I even asked her a question. Overall the Casino Royale is a very nice hotel. The offer a great location and a nice room, other hotels in Las Vegas may be nicer and offer more amenities but you will pay for that. If rooms are available I would definitely make the Casino Royale my choice hotel while visiting Las Vegas.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank maddiescoots
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Cool place right on the strip its a bit small but what do you want for such a cheap hotle in the middle of everything...staff are great also.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rags158
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 11, 2009

The hotel allowed us to check in by 1 pm, the rooms were neat and tighty, all drinks in the bar were only $1! And they had a Ben and Jerry's! I mean this hotel is the best, its right across street from Mirage, and next to Venetian! We were right in the center of everything and their service was the best. They are going thru some remodeling and their is no valet so you have to park in car garage in back of hotel but we didn't really care much about that. If your on budget, this is definitely a great place to be! I will definitely be going back there cause 70 bucks a night was the best. It didn't have the best of pools, but overall it was a great stay.

3 Thank Raidergurl1787