“Best deal ever!”

Best Western Plus Casino Royale
Ranked #53 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 11, 2009

The hotel allowed us to check in by 1 pm, the rooms were neat and tighty, all drinks in the bar were only $1! And they had a Ben and Jerry's! I mean this hotel is the best, its right across street from Mirage, and next to Venetian! We were right in the center of everything and their service was the best. They are going thru some remodeling and their is no valet so you have to park in car garage in back of hotel but we didn't really care much about that. If your on budget, this is definitely a great place to be! I will definitely be going back there cause 70 bucks a night was the best. It didn't have the best of pools, but overall it was a great stay.

3  Thank Raidergurl1787

Reviewed November 4, 2009

Casino Royale is now my place to stay in Vegas. I have been several times and did not even know they had rooms. All the rooms are remodeled. The dollar beers and margaritas help getting your day started. The gaming is not intimidating. Loved my stay there. A hidden gem. You can use the money you save to put on your favorite game.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank watutakinboutwillis
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Before our first trip my husband and I really did our research before booking a hotel room. We're on a budget, and being we stayed two nights during the week we got a good deal on our room at $55 a night. We value location over having lots of "extras" because honestly, how long are you in your room in Vegas anyway?

Pros: Excellent location! Centrally located on the strip, the Venetian and Harrah's are right next door and the Mirage is across the street. We could easily access everything located in the center of the strip. We drove to Vegas so we had our car with us, and the parking structure was no fuss, no muss and easily accessible. Rooms were just as pictured on the website, and actually a bit bigger than I expected. The bed was quite comfortable and we had excellent water pressure in the shower. There is an Outback Steakhouse, Denny's, Subway, and Noble Roman Pizza located here. We ate at the Denny's twice for the sake of price and convenience, and each meal was great! The casino bar offers $1 margarita's and $1 Michelob Light and Michelob Original Lager.

Cons: Figuring out where the front desk for check-in was a bit confusing upon our arrival. You have to enter through the rear of the building due to construction, and walk through the casino to check in. We read a few reviews which people complained about this same problem, and it was still a bit confusing for us once we got inside. Because of construction there is noise coming from outside, and we had a view of it. The walls are also paper thin. We could hear everything going on in the hallway, and at times we felt like our window was open because we could hear the construction so well. But really, coming to Vegas to get a great nights rest? C'mon...I forgot to pack my toothbrush, so we called down to the front desk to see if they had those cheap-o toothbrushes, but they didn't so that was kind of an inconvenience. The high-speed internet access is not in the room, it's downstairs in their lobby area. The margarita's served at the casino bar for $1 didn't have much tequila in them. It may seem very minor, but I thought our hallway smelled "funky." Luckily the smell didn't carry over into our room!

Overall, the hotel is a good value and you can't beat the location. That said, I personally would not pay $100 a night to stay here, because there are just too many "little" things that are not offered here that you might expect (like the front desk to carry some toothbrushes) from a hotel. The staff members we encountered were friendly, but don't expect to be treated like royalty here. Great budget hotel!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mrsstewart09
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Great value for the money if you want to stay on the strip but have a lot more money in your pocket to gamble with. The rooms have been recently remodeled - very clean and with comfortable bed/linens and flat screen TV. While the room / rate exceeded my expectations, there were a few downsides to this hotel.

First - if you will have a vehicle, be prepared to experience a small challenge getting into/out of the hotel's parking facility. It has direct access onto the strip (good), but without any type of pedestrian traffic control (bad). This means you will have to wait unitl one or two or fifty kind souls stop walking to let your car pass. On the other hand, if you don't have a vehicle - you can't beat the convenience or the price!

Second - most of the rooms appear to face into the service areas for Casino Royale and Harrah's. Our "view" was of Harrah's employees smoke/break area and vendor delivery areas. Heard various delivery trucks in and out throughout the night. But - how often are you in your room in Vegas, anyways?

Third - the windows have very nice plantation shutters - look really nice, but do not block out the sun like the traditional black-out window coverings you find in most Vegas hotels.

Overall, a pleasant "budget" stay on the strip this time around, but will probably not return based simply on vehicle access - but if you are going the shuttle/cab/walking route, you can't beat the value and convenience of staying on the strip for under $75/night!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tucsonnative
Reviewed July 28, 2009

With some bad reviews, major renos going on and a small gambling area that we thought would be really smokey, we really expected the worse, but were totally wrong!

With less than 2 days in Vegas and lugging 2 small children, we opted to stay in smaller hotel over the gigantic ones. Looked everywhere and wanted to stay on the strip but the prices for 3-5 star hotels were in the 3 digit range so for $69 USD a night for the end of June weekend at the Casino Royale, this place was a steal!!

Upon arriving at the parking lot in the back, the place looked less than appealing because of the renos but the front clerk said it would be done by August. From the parking lot to the front desk, it was a short walk, the two front clerks were really nice, no wait at 11pm. Got our room key and walked passed the gambling area which did not reek of cigarettes. I mean there were cigarette smells here and there but you wouldn't be inhaling anymore than walking behind someone who was smoking outside on the strip. There's a huge locked sliding glass door that separates the hotel rooms from the casino and everything else which was great and it's located across from the Ben & Jerry's ice cream store and one of the main entrances that leads you outside, another happy surprise!

They gave us room 318 and it was nicely renovated, it looks as they advertised on their website. Beds were high and comfy, enough space for two small kids to run around and there was even a huge flat screen tv to compliment the room decor. This time maid service listened to us when we asked them not to come in our room to clean up....lol.

Lots of hot water for shower, cold a/c works fine, small fridge was handy but no microwave for fast convenient heating drinks/food. There is a small coffee maker that we used to warm my kid's milk, which was fine. Night sleep was good, no noise from outside at all.

Only negative thing I wish they had was a nice pool but for the weekend price and prime location, you really can't go wrong with this little gem. Great stay and I would come back again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ttab
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Spent five nights here in May, 2009, and will again later this month (July.) Front desk is right off the strip basically, as is the entrance to the hotel rooms. Very convenient. There is NO valet parking, but the lot is pretty close to the hotel. Not a long walk from most areas of the garage to the front desk. The "good" spaces outside the garage next to the casino are less than a minute's walk to the front desk.

This place does not claim to be a resort (it's certainly not) but it is located NEAR some nice resorts. The rooms are basic, but clean as far as I could see. No bugs, blood, or guts that I could find, and this place is pretty old. Many, including the one I stayed in, have been recently remodeled though, and so really didn't look bad at all. I'd say the room I was in was better than a Motel 6 for instance. No floor to ceiling windows or anything fancy, but it was clean and functional. The noise from LVB was only slightly annoying, and earplugs took care of that. I slept real good. No loud parties in the hall, and they have security cameras too I believe.

The "hotel" part of the casino actually runs east from the strip, and has four floors and 152 rooms; while the casino itself parallels the strip for the most part. The whole place is kind of like an "L" shape. Some of the rooms at the "crux" of the L are pretty much right off the strip actually, and it took me about 15 seconds to get from my room to Las Vegas Blvd from mine. I could also walk into Harrah's and be at their blackjack "Party Pit" in about 30 seconds...probably quicker than anyone STAYING at Harrah's. The gym next door at Harrah's is also only about a two or three minute walk from Casino Royale.

I had NO problems with the front desk, and they seemed very accommodating to me, though I've read complaints from others. Maybe I was just lucky, or it was a weekday check in I don't know. At any rate, I'm going to be staying there AGAIN later this month. They COMPED me a room for three nights, and I didn't really think I'd get comped at my level of play. This is a BIG PLUS for me as a gambler. Other casinos I wouldn't have even earned a lousy (and it probably would have been lousy!) buffet! Granted the rooms here are always inexpensive, but I liked that they thought enough of my play to actually comp me a room. Heck, they only have 152 rooms!

Maid service was good. I had no complaints. They also have free Internet on the first floor for guests. I felt pretty secure in the hotel; and the rooms have a safe as well as a fridge and I think maybe even a microwave (can't remember.) T.V. worked okay but not too many channels. I wouldn't say the reception (cable?) was all that great either. But it did the job for watching the local news at night, which is about all I used it for.

There IS construction going on still I believe, so I'd ask for an even-numbered room if they have one. That would be on the Harrah's side of the building. I'd also try to get as close to LVB as possible or else you may hear them crashing bottles into the trash cans after the bars empty them from Harrah's next door. This is Harrah's noise, so don't blame the Royale for this at least.

There is a Subway sandwich place on site, as well as a Denny's. Next door (30 seconds from my room) is a McDonald's; and below that is a food court with Chinese and Mexican "mall food." Outback Restaurant (the busiest in the WORLD I was told) is upstairs and they will comp you if you gamble enough. It was good and I ate lunch there several times. You can watch the peeps walk by from there as well as the Denny's. I eat this stuff at home, and think most of the Vegas fancy restaurants are not worth the money unless you're trying to impress your girl.

You can be in the Mirage Casino in less than three minutes from the front of Casino Royale. Heck, what can I say? I like this place! The plusses (location, price, convenience, room safe, fridge etc.) far outweigh the minuses in my opinion. The minuses would be the smoke in the casino (and I SMOKE!)

The casino is pretty well-worn as well, and yes SOME of the dealers are downright indifferent or even rude at times. They probably don't get paid much. I DID have a great experience at their craps tables though. Best odds on the strip from what I can see, and I found ALL the craps guys and gals to be nice and not rude at all. There was one guy there actually who should have been working in a better place he was so good. He knew what I was going to do before I did, and kept track of my bets real well! Of course I was tipping the boys some too, which I'm sure got their attention, but they were nice to everyone from what I could see.

Slots were not that loose in my opinion. I'd try El Cortez downtown Vegas for loose slots. It's a dump, too, but does have loose slots.

That's it!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
8  Thank mcstix
Reviewed July 9, 2009

A little hold out dive in the midst of Mega casinos!
We haven't stayed here, but make it a point in our yearly visit to Vegas to spend time here.
It is almost refreshing to get away from the Glitz- where else an you buy $40 and up clothing for only $5 bucks?-(China?) Sign up for a players card and get a coupon book with buy 1 get 1 free bottle of beer or drink for a dollar? Or your $50 dollar promo play, You win the jackpot or you get nothing (Except the free drinks while you're playing-plentiful!)
Yes its a dive but fun.
Where in Vegas can you get a bottle of beer for a buck?
The servers are friendly and frequent!
The slots are looser than anywhere we've been in Vegas and we always break even or come out a couple bucks ahead.
I don't think We'll ever stay there but its a fun change of pace to visit

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple