“Casino Royale is Great”

Best Western Plus Casino Royale
Ranked #55 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Stayed with a group of 8 guys (age 25-45) to go to the Mountain West Tournament. All four rooms were recently renovated. New carpet, new beige paint, new bedding (VERY SOFT!). hotel is small but nicer than we thought it would be. It is a budget hotel but the location can not be beat. The casino bar hosts $1 and $1.50 beers with very friendly bartenders. The elevator is very small and old, we only used it when we had luggage. Overall a wonderful stay.

Tip - walk to Harrahs through the parking garage to catch taxis.

When I come to Vegas with my wife we will stay at the Bellagio or Wynn, but when we come out for a guys weekend definately Casino Royale.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank unmlobos
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Casino Royale

Reviewed February 26, 2008

This is a great place to stay on the strip. Lots of action and super fun. The hotel is clean and the service is great! We will be back. Perfect for the budget and also felt very safe. We have not been to Vegas in 16 years and will definately we go back to this hotel. YOU WONT BE SORRY! Good luck and VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank McGuire333
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Small casino, Small hotel - perfect location. I have no complaints about this property at all. The negative reviews you'll read are most likely from people that would be dissatisfied with the level of service The Bellagio offers to it's penthouse suite guests. If you're young (or old), on a budget (or not), looking for a good time in Vegas without the frills - Casino Royale is the place to go. Checking in and out went smoothly - The front desk is easy to find (can't miss it in a casino this small) and the staff was very friendly. The room was simple, clean, and conveniently located in respect to the casino – Literally a 2 minute walk from the street to your room.

The casino is small, smoky and charming in a retro sort of way. Table games are cheap, slots are plentiful - food is basic - I spent most of my time gambling and eating at the other casinos, but at the end of the night - always ended up back at the royale nursing a cup of whisky playing some slots.

It's a good time.

Check it out.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dThLA
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Our stay at Casino Royale was fine. The location and price can't be beat. We even had a fridge in our room. We would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank Traveller2Utah
Reviewed December 31, 2007

My husband and I compromised - we stayed here for 4 nights and then went to the Venetian for 4 nights. This place actually was exactly what I read and expected. Run of the mill cheap hotel in a SUPERB location. Yes it's used and kind of dirty, but the price cannot be beat. $59-$79 a night. It looks like any room that price nearly anywhere in the U.S. **Warning - YES - there were prostitutes about (by the security door to get in the hotel area) and they are not modest. NOT a family hotel. Staff was courteous, casino small but kept well, room was cleaned as well as could be. NOTE - each time I called for something they were there within minutes (extra pillows, towels, etc.). I even called about our T.V. not working and the guy fixed it within 20 minutes. Our window looked out over their pool - not heated, not clean in December, just an F.Y.I. We could also see the Venetian towering above AND heard that huge BONG BONG each morning, on the hour, from the Venetian's Bell Tower (see the pictures I've included here). So be warned. BUT - this hotel is what I read and I was prepared. Go there with these things in mind and you're good to go. Again, you cannot beat the price or location. Personally, I would probably not stay there again - I'd buck up the extra $40-$50 a night and stay a few doors down at the Flamingo or something.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank SLC80
Reviewed December 22, 2007

It started out really bad, I had asked for an upper floor smoking. When I enter the bathroom the tub had this black gunk by the drain. I walked into the sleep area to use the phone and the bed was not made, it was stripped of sheets, everything. I called and went back to the main desk. I did not get a smoking room but the room the desk person gave me was very nice! He was sweet, told me I could move to a smoking room the next day but I told him I will stay in the one he gave me, the room was great. If you have to smoke there are areas on the same floor that have a bench and a big ash can. The cocktail waitresses are not as nice as they used to be. I think I saw their supervisor giving one of them hell , she was sweet to me; not a great thing to do right in front of patrons. I wouldn't be happy working there either if that's how she treats staff. The waitresses I have met in the past two years have been really nice - too bad they left Casino Royale. Great place to stay. I felt safe, it is clean and best of all, right in the middle of the strip. I always stay here and I visit Vegas at least twice a year.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank lotravel
Reviewed November 17, 2007

First of all let me advise if you want luxury and great strip views, breakfast in bed and expensive room service, don't stay here! If you want value, a convenient location on the strip and a clean, comfortable place to stay, book now! I have stayed at the Casino Royale 3 times in the past 2 years. It is not a luxury Vegas resort, but since I only use the room for sleeping and was hardly ever in it, the value and location on the strip are great. Check-in was quick, staff was nice and efficient, and access to the rooms is right around the corner, unlike the mega-hotels where you have to walk 3 miles through the Casino to get to your tower room after check-in. I drove my own car and figured out how to get to the hotel parking lot going the "back way" since it is almost impossible to turn into the hotel property from the strip. The pedestrians never stop to let you in, and if you try to nudge your car into the driveway, irate pedestrians start banging on the car! Gees!! Casino Royale is right in the middle of the strip with Harrah’s on one side and the Venetian on the other. The Mirage is right across the street. Also, the monorail can be accessed very quickly by walking through Harrah’s next door. Very convenient. The room is kept very clean, as was the bathroom. If you are worried about walking on old carpet, wear flip-flops or socks. I even had a phone message waiting from housekeeping one evening when I returned. I had left the "do not disturb" sign on the door, and they wanted me to know that they would clean my room if I just called them. Great housekeeping service. Also an in-room safe that I really liked. I will stay again in 2008. I can stay for 5 nights at the Casino Royale for what it would cost for 1 night at the Bellagio.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends