“kirsten Chenowith”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“kirsten Chenowith”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Smith Center is an excellent venue for theatrical presentations. We have viewed several musical theatre productions, the Chenowith concert was the first solo presentation we attended> The acoustics were outstanding.
The sight lines were very good. An excellent experience. We always try to attend a function at the Smith Center when we are in Las Vegas. Ms. Chenowith's performance was excellent and if one has the opportunity to see her -go! She is definitely worth it.

If Tickets are available for any performance at the Smith Center, one should go just to see an outstanding community theatre center that offers outstanding shows, lectures and concerts!

Visited January 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Magically Transported”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I attended the performance of William Shatner, "Shatner's World, We Just Live In It" at The Smith Center and was soo very impressed by this theater. I have attended theaters across the nation and this one is the most beautiful one I’ve been in, starting with the grand lobby, that majestic stair case, massive chandeliers, slopping sitting, beautiful balconies, oh so very impressed. I'm definitely returning for musical performances for sure and I understand the acoustics are absolutely awesome. Shatner's performance was outstanding!

Visited January 2014
Gibraltar
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“The Smith Centre”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Since finding this in Vegas always find great things to see going again in April. Have enjoyed Burton Baccarat in this beautiful theatre, run by contributions they keep coming up with a variety of showd

Visited November 2013
Ypsilanti, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great concert”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Saw the Mosaic project with Esperanza Spalding and Dee Dee Bridgewater. It was fantastic. However, I see where the Smith Center is cutting back its (Jazz) schedule - they seem to think there is no market. Hmmmm - I think some additional marketing, including to visitors from out-of-town would help. Vegas isn't just for gambling! And even some who indulge, also like the arts!!

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Beautiful Theater”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a beautiful theater. On my last trip to Las Vegas, I came specifically to see Les Misérables here. The theater is very new and just beautiful inside and out. There's a nice park right outside the theater. I saw the show in Reynolds Hall, and I had seats on the box level. They seemed to me to be pretty far from the stage. Most theaters I've been at, I've still had a pretty good view from the first tier, but this one was further away then most. Your best bet is probably the first few rows of orchestra level.

Parking was a little bit confusing. You have to follow the makeshift signs rather than the permanent signs. They take you the wrong way down one-way streets, but you just have to trust them. But, the parking is free! There was even a man in a golf cart who gave me a ride right up to the front door.

I had printed out a ticket at home, but I like to have actual tickets for keepsakes, and the box office had no trouble exchanging my printed ticket for an actual ticket. Very nice of them.

One word of warning: there are no water fountains in the building and a bottle of water is $3-5. If you need water, bring your own.

Visited August 2013