“Good Fish and Scallops, Bad Fries, Poor Value”

Lazy Joe's Fish & Chips
Order Online
Ranked #1,737 of 6,278 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've eaten at this place twice since it is near my home. Even though this is a fish and chips place, their menu is everywhere. They have falafels and Kababs as well. The fish and chips are pricy and costs over $10. I've enjoyed the fish and the deep fried scallops, but their fries simply is bad. If I did not have a coupon for this place, I probably would not come back. It isn't terrible, but not a great value. If you are in this area, there a lot of food options nearby, including sitdown dining, sushi, noodles. For your money, try some other cuisine in the neighborhood. They didnt warn me about the large order in front of me so my order took over 30 minutes. They do make their own breading for the fish.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed July 2, 2019

If you're Gluten free you will love this place, always fresh and made to order. One of the first places I tried when I first moved here a few years ago.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2019

Being from Boston I should have known better when the menu specified how many clams u get
I’ve owned 15 different restaurants and never seen that description
I called ahead and ordered the large whole belly clams as I crave them being from east coast and also ordered onion rings which are usually part of clam dinners
I picked up the order which was over $33.00
And went to my car and checked for accuracy
To my dismay I opened the box to 75% fries and a small like of clam strips with pimples there was not on with a real belly larger than the thickness of a strip I immediately went in to complain who the counter girl said I will get the chef imagine title of chef for fry cook so I know this is going nowhere
I showed him this garbage and his response was u were supposed to get 15 but their small so I gave u a few extras
Also the onion rings were over cooked in fry oil that was burnt I immediately threw this garbage out
Money isn’t the issue when you are in the business and know quality and what the public deserves or their money you deliver
The place was empty and looked like no business going on
If anyone knows where to get whole clams in vegas please let me know
Good luck with this place

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed February 8, 2019

Being from New England was excited to learn about a place with full belly clams.

First time we had their food it was great. Everything was fresh and portions were good.

Second time we noticed a distinct drop off but still "good enough"

Third time not a charm. Items were not as advertised. High sodium taste. Poor portions. Not as fresh as before.

Disappointed with we got for the price paid. Not in any rush to return.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I was in the area golfing and had relocated to a LAS airport hotel for an early flight. I happened upon Lazy Joe's Fish and Chips. I had the Captain's Choice with Haddock, Shrimp and Scallops.

All was absolutely delicious and the service was supurb. Although I was not lodging on the Strip, I would definitely take a 15 minute Uber drive on my next Vegas trip.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Lazy Joe's Fish & Chips? Share your experiences!