“Eastern European Delectables in the Heart of the Desert”
Review of Forte

Forte
Ranked #667 of 4,874 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Eastern European Delectables in the Heart of the Desert”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a surprise-discovering Forte, advertised as European Tapas restaurant. Outside it looks like another Las Vegas dive bar. Inside Forte (www.barforte.com) it feels as if you’re entering an old quaint, bistro in an Eastern European village. The owner, Nina, is a gracious beauty from Bulgaria, and an artist, which explained the chic décor. She treats each guest as if family. Top-notch service from adorable bartender/waiter Zach making great recommendations of wines (Bulgarian winemaker) and not-to-be missed watermelon, mint & feta cheese salad as well as outstanding bacon wrapped almonds & dates. My personal favorite was the pirogi’s made Russian, Lithuanian and Polish style (topped with either sour cream, mushrooms & gravy or simple green onions). Our reservation for 6 was accommodated at VIP table allowing a perfect view of Nina's bull series (paintings) and her impressive wine cellar.

• Visited August 2013

Boulder City, Nevada
“I was EMBARRASSED by the lack of SERVICE”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I went here once a while back on a slow evening and had a great time. I went to Cafe Forte last night with friends and most importantly business colleagues and thought we'd have a great time. Despite a reservation for four people and having four people, our server never gave us more than one (1) set of menus despite my repeated requests. She rarely checked on us so it was very difficult to get rounds of drinks or more food - it is tapas, after all. I usually tip extravagantly, we picked up the bill for our friends because we were that embarrassed by the service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank whata_13
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Truly Remarkable”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wow! Do not be put off by the strip mall location of this place! Family of four, dinner before a show, first visit. Overall EXCELLENT, on par with the best restaurant meals we've ever experienced and we consider ourselves foodies. Even our teenagers were raving about how delicious everything was. So, the details: Melon with Jamon - Fab!; Melon & Feta Salad - Fab!; Chicken Soup - Very Good!; Octopus - Unbelievably Fab, have NEVER had melt in your mouth octopus before; Easter Lamb - Unbelievably Fab, also melt in your mouth; Shrimp - good but too heavily garlicked. Here's the best part: This was easily the best meai we've had in Vegas and it was $70 for a party of four with 3 alcoholic beverages, no kidding! So, want a great, incredibly reasonably priced meal, 10 minutes off the strip, this is your place. Amazing!

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver
“A great restaurant off the strip”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I wanted to try a restaurant off the strip when we were in Vegas, and we came across this little gem on the Food Network's Triple D. We started off with the Forte Garlic & Herb Fries and the Chorizo Con Vino, which were both very tasty. However, our best dishes were definitely our mains. I had the Hungarian Goulash, and my girlfriend had the Thracian Clay Pot. Both were packed with flavour and perfect portions. The fresh baked bread was also amazing.

We will definitely return during our next visit.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Hamish M
Fremont, California
“Excellent food and wonderful flavor!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I found this place through a friend. Some girlfriends and I were on our way to Las Vegas and one of my friends ran into Guy Fieri. After she took a picture with him, he recommended Forte that was featured on his show: Diners Drive-ins and Dives. So, we went there on our trip. It was a slow night and we got excellent service. The food was incredible! I had never been to a Tapas place or had Bulgarian food before. The flavor of everything was so good I was still thinking about it the next day, and even bought a sample of the spices that were used, just because I could. It’s off the beaten path and a few blocks away from the strip, but I would highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank fantasia035

Been to Forte? Share your experiences!