“Truly Remarkable”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Truly Remarkable”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wow! Do not be put off by the strip mall location of this place! Family of four, dinner before a show, first visit. Overall EXCELLENT, on par with the best restaurant meals we've ever experienced and we consider ourselves foodies. Even our teenagers were raving about how delicious everything was. So, the details: Melon with Jamon - Fab!; Melon & Feta Salad - Fab!; Chicken Soup - Very Good!; Octopus - Unbelievably Fab, have NEVER had melt in your mouth octopus before; Easter Lamb - Unbelievably Fab, also melt in your mouth; Shrimp - good but too heavily garlicked. Here's the best part: This was easily the best meai we've had in Vegas and it was $70 for a party of four with 3 alcoholic beverages, no kidding! So, want a great, incredibly reasonably priced meal, 10 minutes off the strip, this is your place. Amazing!

• Visited July 2013

Vancouver
“A great restaurant off the strip”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I wanted to try a restaurant off the strip when we were in Vegas, and we came across this little gem on the Food Network's Triple D. We started off with the Forte Garlic & Herb Fries and the Chorizo Con Vino, which were both very tasty. However, our best dishes were definitely our mains. I had the Hungarian Goulash, and my girlfriend had the Thracian Clay Pot. Both were packed with flavour and perfect portions. The fresh baked bread was also amazing.

We will definitely return during our next visit.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Hamish M
Fremont, California
“Excellent food and wonderful flavor!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I found this place through a friend. Some girlfriends and I were on our way to Las Vegas and one of my friends ran into Guy Fieri. After she took a picture with him, he recommended Forte that was featured on his show: Diners Drive-ins and Dives. So, we went there on our trip. It was a slow night and we got excellent service. The food was incredible! I had never been to a Tapas place or had Bulgarian food before. The flavor of everything was so good I was still thinking about it the next day, and even bought a sample of the spices that were used, just because I could. It’s off the beaten path and a few blocks away from the strip, but I would highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank fantasia035
Boca Raton, Florida
“Food is Excellent, Service is Not”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We live in Las Vegas, but hadn't heard of Forte (a/ka Bar Forte) until we saw it on the Food Network (Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives). The food is excellent. A nice selection of Tapas which are all homemade, including the sausages, to my knowledge, on the Mixed Grill. However, after approximately a dozen visits, I feel confident that certain problems with the management and service are consistent. First, when the owner is there, the overall service is better than when she is not there. However, it is still not even average. The owner is often seen at the bar sitting and mingling with people she knows. She does not take a moment to greet you and usually barely looks away from her conversation to say good-bye. In my opinion, an owner should recognize repeat guests and take the time to greet them. Many of the servers have great difficulty understanding English which makes communicating any special requests difficult. Additionally, my husband and I do not like our pork sausage to come medium (with pink still remaining in the center) therefore, we ask for it well done. Our request has been accommodated on two occasions. However, all other times, we were told that the chef would not accommodate us "because he was too busy". We have gotten to the point that, despite the fact that the food is good, we wind up in a discussion prior to going debating whether we are in the mood to put up with the shoddy service.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Donna T
Bloomington, MN
“Great place for tapas”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We wanted to try this place because is was a Triple D favorite and it was a good one. Very unique and intriguing place. Serves Eastern European food. everything we ordered tasted amazing, great flavors and very interesting spices. We ordered a few dishes and shared them. Cant wait to get back there and sample a few of their other dishes.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Forte? Share your experiences!