“Best East Indian food in Vegas”

Mount Everest India's Cuisine
Ranked #745 of 4,853 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best East Indian food in Vegas”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place has the best Indian food in Vegas. We have tried others, but this by far is the best.
The waitstaff are more than knowledgable and patient and helpful with decision making.
We just stopped for a quick bite after the UNLV game and enjoyed the tiki marsala and a wondeful vegetable dish,Aloo Kauli, with potatoes, cauliflower, peas, cumin and other spices and balsmati rice. The food was served hot and delicious. It was actually so good we reordered the same meal to take to our kids for a late nite dinner.
We will go again and again. Prakach, our server, was most helpful with our meal.

• Visited January 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian in vegas”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It's the best Indian food I've had in Vegas. We go for their buffet lunch. It's $10.99 I believe for all you can eat. My favorite is the chicken makhani.

The staff and owners are very friendly. We are pretty much regulars at Mt. Everest.

Visited December 2012
Laguna Niguel, California
“Very Good Indian Food... Service may be weak point”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were not extremely hungry. I ordered the chicken Tandoori tiki, (hope I got that right... as I don't have my handy-dandy Asian Indian food guide close by...) and my wife, ordered the okra, which comes with basmati rice. We also ordered garlic nan, and for a specialty beverage, the mango lassi; a mango-yogurt drink. I'll say up front; "Everything was very good, and the mango drink was very much like what we drink, Brasilian style, mixing papaya, mango or passion fruit, with various forms of yogurt, ice cream, or condensed milk.

I bet I've passed this place twenty five times over the past few years when in Vegas on business. The building is old looking, near the bus stop at the front of an older strip center, and in an older section of West Vegas. But once you walk inside, see a relatively nice interior, and see the many regulars we saw, you're probably going to have the same high level of confidence we had.

While service is stereotypical-etchnic restaurant-slow and spotty......... the food does deliver. It will never be as good as homemade, if you cook Indian at home, but then, as a Brasilian family, we rarely find stateside restaurants that meet our standards. That's to be expected. But having enjoyed Indian cuisine over the years, I'm comfortable recommending this restaurant.

I've added Mt. Everest to my "black book" of off-strip restaurants. If it's good enough for the many Indian clients I saw there tonight, then I'm sure it'll be good enough for you. Remember that Indian clients could go anywhere in town, but there was a good number of couples and foursomes dining in tonight. This alone told us it must have passed their test for authentic and good-enough-food/preparation quality to compete with their own home cooked meals.

So as they say in Vegas....... "I'm in......" at least for this Indian restaurant.

Visited October 2011
“AMAZING FOOD!!! AMAZING SERVICE!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Nice staff. Water stayed full entire time. Food was great! Ordered tiki masala and chicken makhani. Both were amazing! HIGHLY RECCOMEND!

“The Best Indian and Nepalese food in Las Vegas”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

If you are looking for authentic Indian and Nepalese dishes in Las Vegas, look no further than this place. It is family ran establishment and they do a pretty good job.

• Visited April 2012