“FUN DAY!”

Las Vegas Explorer Pass
Ranked #14 of 462 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Mob Museum provides a world-class, interactive journey through true stories. From the birth of the Mob, to today's headlines. Shadows and whispers. G-Men and Made Men. Whether you like it or not, this is American history. The Mob Museum is a three-story experience, with guests beginning on the third floor of the Museum. The third floor covers immigration of various cultures into the United States in the late 1800s, the rise of organized crime during Prohibition, and how organized crime spread across the country. Guests then work their way down to the second floor, where they learn about the Mob in Las Vegas and begin to see the efforts law enforcement took in the mid-1900s to bring down organized crime. To complete the visit, guests end on the first floor, where they begin to see modern examples of organized crime and the technological advancements law enforcement made in order to capture evasive mobsters. The Museum's collection includes over 1,000 artifacts, and real stories are brought to life with engaging, multi-sensory exhibits and unparalleled insights from those on the front lines of both sides of the battle. The Mob Museum offers a provocative, contemporary look at this fascinating topic through hundreds of artifacts and immersive storylines. We bring Mob stories to life so completely, you'll feel like you're part of them. But hey-you didn't hear it from us.
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Being a local to Las Vegas I'm always looking for fun things to do. Preferably outside of the casinos, but sometimes taht's not possible. I love tha tthis museum is off the strip and located in a significant, historical building. Multiple levels and interactive exhibits made it more fun than I expected. Shooting a weapon and being in the court room all fun! This would be a great place to have a themed party or just a come in costume get to gether...they should think about it! I've seen themed weddings there already and the grand opening was exciting. We need more like this in Vegas and I hope the revitalization of downtown continues! Check out the Mob Museum, you won't be disappointed! (Ask for the locals discount!)

1  Thank BigSarge03
Write a ReviewReviews (7,262)

Reviewed April 25, 2012

It's worth a look-see. It's located in a historic building, which is interesting in and of itself. The displays are located on three different floors. A good combination of static displays and videos. I would not recommend this for younger children. There are some gruesome depictions of dead bodies. I heard previously that this museum did not glamorize the mob, and it certainly did not. It depicted the mob as to what it was and is, a bunch of thugs who intimidate others. The museum is worth one look. It was a sobering experience. One trip is good enough for me.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Liked it all..very informative. One realizes after coming out of the museum that power and greed is not limited to the mean streets, its also found in the beltway of Washington D.C.

3  Thank JoeS1828
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was really looking forward to our visit to the Mob Museum. I was able to get a discount on the $18 admission fee. They really packed a lot of information into this...Almost too much. The biggest issue we had was that some of the most interesting displays had absolutely no description or information explaining what the display was all about or who it was associated with. As a pilot, I was very interested in the display that photos of the airplane water landing in front of a waterfront mansion. The display showed many more items with absolutely no description of what we were looking at. I was there with 5 other people and at the end of the 3 hours we spent there, we all had the same review that although the museum is PACKED with information, it is lacking intimate description. I still recommend the museum and overall it was fun.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

didnt go through the whole museum but did like what we did see

Been to The Mob Museum? Share your experiences!