“Yet another excellent stay at the Fairfield!”

Wyndham Grand Desert
Ranked #27 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 1, 2006

Visited the Fairfield for Memorial Day weekend and had a wonderful stay in a 2 bedroom deluxe.

We drove up from Arizona early on Friday and our friends drove up from southern California. I had no problem calling the front desk and adding the other couple's name to the reservation since they would be arriving before us. They even let us check into our room early (at 11am) which was wonderful since we had been driving all morning and checkin is not usually until 4pm. The Customer Service at the front desk was excellent.

The accomodations were the perfect size for two couples and housekeeping even offered to come in and clean a large stain on our carpet without us even having to ask. Many bath towels and beach towels were available in the room. We also took advantage of the full fitness center and the free internet access. We parked our cars in the underground parking garage. There were security guards patrolling often and I never felt that my vehicle was in any danger of being vandalized.

The wait for the Shuttle to Harrah's was a little long but that was expected since it was a holiday weekend.

All in all it was a very relaxing visit with friends. I have been staying at the Fairfield for a few years now and it really does feel like a home away from home. The only problem I have ever had with it is inconsiderate people who smoke in the rooms even though all of the rooms are supposed to be non smoking. In that occasion, housekeeping and maintenance were very helpful.

In Summary, once you stay at the Fairfield its hard to stay at regular hotels again. My family and all my friends that I have ever brought to stay at the Fairfield agree.

19  Thank EE<3Vegas

Reviewed May 25, 2006

Four of us stayed for a week, outstanding service, great suite, lovely pool. We were not aproached at any time buy sales people. Great location about a $5.00 taxi ride to the strip. Highest praise.

7  Thank JGTB
Reviewed May 23, 2006

Just returned from a week at the Grand Desert. As always with Fairfield Resorts, the facilities were extremely well kept. All the staff were friendly. I thought the entertainment staff was lacking in enthusiasm, but after all, you are in Vegas to see Vegas. No alchohol available for purchase on the property. It's a hastle to have to go off property to bring it in. The shuttle service to the boulevard was excellent. Always on time like clockwork. Some of the drivers could use a dose of personality, but most were very helpful.

I don't understand why people complain about the timeshare issue. They know that up front. Learn how to say no and then learn to enjoy the remainder of your stay and don't blame the sales staff for doing their job. A salesman would not be doing their job, if all they had to do was do the presentation. It's called attempting to close a deal.

13  Thank TennesseeTravel
Reviewed May 23, 2006

We stayed 3 nights at the Fairfield Grand Desert. We were there for the Fairfield owners meetings. Our room was in Tower 3 (cant's remember the name of the tower). It was clean and beautiful. The staff was very friendly. We were approached about attending a presentation but when we said we had just come from Fairfield San Diego Harbour Lights they gave us a welcoming packet and that was the end of that.
We recommend it to anyone that enjoys a nice place. I did use their internet area in the activities room.

8  Thank Treveler
Reviewed May 21, 2006

If you are the traveler with kids and want a quiet resort but do not want to stay too far away from the strip, this is the resort for you!
We love this resort not because we own the timeshare at this resort, we love it because rooms are big and have everything you need in the suite!! Big room big space, why would I want to spend more money and just stay in the hotel room?

If you want to gameble, clubing or fancy meals, this resort is not for you, because they do not have onsite casino or fancy restaurants or bar. Again, this resort is not too far away from the strip, 2 blocks away, how close is that? You can always drive out from the resort and take Harmon Ave to Paris Las Vegas or Aladdin's parking lot! You don't even need to hit the strip traffic at all.

3 swimming pools, two in the main court, one for family and the other one just for adult. Near the new building, they have one more family pool there. Kids love to soak in the water all day and you can stay with them during the day time next to the pool.
Kitchen in the suites are full kitchen. You can go to stores get some quick fix meals for breakfast or quick bites for lunch and then go to the other hotels to have a great meals if you don't want to cook during that time. Or just not cooking at all if you want.

Staff are really nice, make sure you asking them about kids program when you check-in.

About the other review that saying the timeshare sale stuff, "Don't be Greedy and want to get some free dinner or show tickets"!!!! Sure they want to sale you stuff if you are taking their free stuff!! Just skip that part, if the front desk ask you about the tour or offer you the free stuff and go to the timeshare presentation, just tell yourself, you are here for a vacation, not to buying or go to unwanted timeshare presentation!! You don't take free stuff, they can't make you go. Just that simple!

Anyhow, we had a wonderful time at this resort for 3 nights stay and we are going back during the summer vacation for 4 nights stay!!

You can book this hotel at "expedia[""]" sometime they have a great deal with their room rate.

Take charge of your vacation, skip the timeshare presentation and enjoy time with your family or your love one.

• Stayed: April 2006
9  Thank maw0512
Reviewed May 15, 2006

Our rental car was vandalized in the parking garage of the Fairfield Grand Desert on E. Harmon in Vegas. You would expect some decent security at a resort like this, but the back window of our car was smashed in and our luggage stolen. The parking garage has no surveillance cameras and the resort refuses any responsibility.

16  Thank parm
Reviewed April 30, 2006

I was a guest at the resort from April 22 -- April 28, 2006. I would just like to say that the staff and attendants were most hospitable. There was never a need that could not be addressed by staff. I also felt very safe and secure at the Inn...because of having to use the key for any outside entry. My hats are off to your staff... "Staff can truly make the difference in your stay".

There was a staff member who I would like to commend (Mr. Ron Reichert), I may have misspelled his last name...but he is truly an asset to your staff. He greeted us with a warmth that was truly sincere and being from a small town...that meant a lot to me.

I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone coming to the area. You all close enough but not so close. You can get the feeling of the strip without having to be right on the strip.

I enjoyed being close enough to walk to many places ... yet far enough away to get away from the hustle and bustle. I had the most enjoyable day on April 24th when I went walking to MGM...down the strip to the Wynn and back to the Inn. I'm not sure how many miles that represents but because of the wonderful weather and your beautiful sky line I never felt intimidated.

Thanks again for a safe, pleasant and enjoyable stay...

Dareleane Ricks