“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
montana
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had 5 in our group so we decided to try this place because of the 2bed/2bath set up.....no brainer....full kitchen and living room area with a pull out sofa....the master bedroom is huge with a huge bathroom also......the other bedroom has 2 queen beds.....all 3 areas have flat screen TV's.....3 pools on site and the best one for our group was the adult pool.....not overly crowded....Grand Desert is located right behind the MGM....we had a car so did not need to use the shuttle that is available....inside and outside parking with no extra charge.......you can easily walk to the strip if you wanted......I booked my room thru VRBO at a very reasonable price.....would have been the same for 2 hotel rooms, but this was better because we had the kitchen and we were all in the same area....free wifi with a good signal.....I am single and took my kids and friends and once the time share people found out I was single they didn't even look my way or bug me at all......I highly recommend this place and our group will definitely make this an option when visiting Vegas.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank mtripguy
Barbara_Dejohn, Manager at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much mtripguy for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Grand Desert. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our amenities exceeded your expectaions. Thanks for mentioning the fact that we have a shuttle that runs every 20 to 30 minutes that will take you to Harrah's. We also have a shuttle that will take you to the grocery store if you should want to pick up perhaps breakfast items so you can cook in your units kitchen. We are pleased to hear that you will stay with us again in the future. Be sure to let your family and friends know about your pleasurable time at the Grand Desert.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My sister and I met in Vegas and stayed at the Wyndham Grand Dessert Resort as guests of a family member. The property is beautiful and extremely well cared for by its employees. I had a nice 6 hour observation of their work while I waited for the phone call that never came to tell me my room was ready. To the little lady that went from cleaning windows, to taking out trash and even mopping the parking lot, you deserve a raise as I was tired just watching you. As for the long wait, I took naps here and there and finally cut the line at 4p to find out what was going on. At first I approached the lady at the VIP desk who was waiting on no one but told me she could not help me as I wasn't VIP. After 6 hrs in the lobby, I should have been at the top of someone's list so I walked over to the check in area for regular people. Of course, I was given the speech that the carpets were drying but miraculously the room was suddenly ready. Our room was very clean with the exception of the shower which looked like it just needed work but I had shoes for that. My sister used Clorox wipes as she didn't want to trust it. It was extremely hot so I didn't see much of the outside but the family game area had the kids in there hooked to the video games. I didn't order food as I'd read the reviews about how greasy it is. We took the free shuttle to Harrah's everyday which gave us access to many other places. It was nice to get away from the strip but a Sunday check in is not ideal if you arrive a little early and expect to get a room by 2p.

On a side note, I found the timeshare sales people in the strip to be quite annoying as they were everywhere. I thought it was bad enough to have to be sent to the sales desk at check in so they could see if you qualified. What a downer when you're trying to have a nice vacation away from the pressures of life!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Barbara_Dejohn, Manager at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
iido1 thank you so much for your review of your stay at the Grand Desert. Please accept my apology for the long wait at check in. It appears once you finally got to your unit the trip/vacation was enjoyable. It appears that you do your homework prior to booking or going on vacation. As our guests we hope that our associates and amenities provided you with an overall enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you and family and friends in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel was gorgeous! It is located off of the main strip but it was still close enough. The staff was great! the room was spacious it had everything you would need. the finishes of the room were high end. It was really a great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cmc-postgirl
postgirl thank you so much for your review of your stay at the Grand Desert. Your review was short and sweet. You hit all the major amenties we have to offer and enjoy. The property, the units and location, but most importantly our associates who enjoy interacting with our guests so much on a daily basis. We hope to see you along with family and friends in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of the Grand Desert.
Winslow, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights. Upon arrival out reservation wasn't quite right. But they gave us two rooms. Two kitchens, two bath, 2 laundry rooms, etc. It was great for out party of 7. We enjoyed our stay very much. If you don't want to stay on the strip, this place is very convenient. It's a street away and they will shuttle you to the strip. We would stay again. He hotel was clean and beautiful.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TELLITLIKEITIS04901
Tellitlikeitis04901 thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Grand Desert. We are so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you would stay with us again in the future. We strive to make each of our guests feel comfortable while they are with us. Thank you again for your review.
somewhere in Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Everything is excellent at this resort. The rooms are very big, beds comfortable, 3 pools to choose from. Full kitchen with dishes, cutlery, big fridge. Nobody bothered us with time share offers. Check in was quick and efficient. The hotel is located a short walking distance from MGM. There is a free shuttle to Harrah's. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Deah222
Barbara_Dejohn, Manager at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much Deah222 for your review of the Grand Desert. We were so pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time while you were with us. Your review was short but very much to the point of all the amenities we offer at the resort. Once again I want to thank you for your review and we hope to see you and family and friends in the future.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stay here once a year. The service is excellent. The shuttle to Harrah's is such a blessing. We love the adult pool and hot tub. Housekeeping and maintenance were very attentive. An outlet was out and fixed so quickly. This year they added a movie theater with 29 seats. While it is hot outside, we saw Non Stop, The Rise of the Empire in 3d and Noah the day before it came out on dvd. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. It was strange that there are no outlets by the living room table. You can't sit at the table with your lap top plugged in. The sofa in the living room was not comfortable. It needed some throw pillows to help out, since it was sagging and the back was worn. Other than that, we had a blast. The shuttle to the airport is a blessing. I miss the limos. They fit more people than the Cadillac Escalade SUV does.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the strip.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank flgrays
Barbara_Dejohn, Manager at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
flgrays thank you so much for your great review of the Grand Desert. We are so pleased that you stay with us yearly. It was wonderful that you took advantage of our new movie theater. You are so right on when you said a movie is great when it's so hot outside. Thank you for your comments on the beds and sofa. I will pass your comments on to our management team. Please be sure to tell your family and friends about your experience and we can't wait for you to visit again.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I went to Vegas for our anniversary, and this place was great. We really enjoyed our stay. We were close enough to the strip to enjoy ourselves and see the sites, but still off the beaten path. They had a shuttle service to take you back and forth to the strip for a small fee, and you get one free pass at check-in.

They also had shuttle service to several other places like outlet shopping, Freemont street experience, the grocery store all for a fee. I didn't use any of these services because we rented a car, and drove ourselves around.

The rooms were nice and everything was clean. The only thing I didn't like about the room, was there were no windows that I could open or a balcony. I know it's hot in Vegas, but I always like being able to open windows and get some fresh air.

We especially enjoyed the adults only pool. It was very nice to be able to have an area where we could enjoy the pool without being splashed by kids or have to listen to the screaming and playing that kids usually do when in a pool. There were plenty of beach towels, and I especially enjoyed that I was able to take a beach towel, and then toss it in the hamper without having to keep up with it the entire stay like at some places. (even though its not environmentally friendly, but I still enjoyed it.)

Also, enjoyed the social activities such as the jazz social with margaritas, and chips and salsa.

We did endure a time share presentation to get the 125 dollar restaurant voucher. It was a hard sell, but my husband and I managed to say No.

One last great thing, is it was close to the airport.

Really enjoyed the stay, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dorothy D
Thank your so much Dorothy D for your review of the Grand Desert. We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your aniversary with us. We also want to thank you for the detailed review of our amenities and activities. We hope to see you and your family and friends in the future.