My husband and I went to Vegas for our anniversary, and this place was great. We really enjoyed our stay. We were close enough to the strip to enjoy ourselves and see the sites, but still off the beaten path. They had a shuttle service to take you back and forth to the strip for a small fee, and you get one free pass at check-in.
They also had shuttle service to several other places like outlet shopping, Freemont street experience, the grocery store all for a fee. I didn't use any of these services because we rented a car, and drove ourselves around.
The rooms were nice and everything was clean. The only thing I didn't like about the room, was there were no windows that I could open or a balcony. I know it's hot in Vegas, but I always like being able to open windows and get some fresh air.
We especially enjoyed the adults only pool. It was very nice to be able to have an area where we could enjoy the pool without being splashed by kids or have to listen to the screaming and playing that kids usually do when in a pool. There were plenty of beach towels, and I especially enjoyed that I was able to take a beach towel, and then toss it in the hamper without having to keep up with it the entire stay like at some places. (even though its not environmentally friendly, but I still enjoyed it.)
Also, enjoyed the social activities such as the jazz social with margaritas, and chips and salsa.
We did endure a time share presentation to get the 125 dollar restaurant voucher. It was a hard sell, but my husband and I managed to say No.
One last great thing, is it was close to the airport.
Really enjoyed the stay, and I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Wyndham Grand Desert offers spectacular one- and two-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, dining rooms, large bedrooms with plenty of closet and storage space, living rooms with pull-out sofas; some suites offer a spa tub in the master bedroom. The perfect vacation home - away from home - for a weekend trip or an extended stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Vegas.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Wyndham Grand Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Hotel Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Las Vegas
- Wyndham Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Resort Las Vegas
- Fairfield Resort Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Wyndham
- Fairfield Las Vegas Grand Desert