My husband and I stayed at the Wyndham Grand Desert on a week's time share exchange in September, and I have to say that I had some reservations about being so away from the strip and also as to the sheer size of the place! I am not a fan of high rise buildings!
When we checked in at the appointed time, 4pm on Saturday 27 September, my heart sank at the length of the queues at check in, it took over 30 mintutes until we came to the front of our queue. However, from then on the "holiday experience" improved by leaps and bounds!
We were given free cookies by the check in guy, (probably as a result of the long queue) and he was most helpful in arranging a newly refurbished apartment with a firm bed for us as I told him that my husband had a bad back. We were not hassled to go on a time share presentation, but were given our free pack of goodies, deodrant, eye cream and mints etc.
The luggage was whisked up to our apartment on the 8th floor, (not too high!!) and the apartment itself was spacious and very well decorated, probably one of the best apartments we have exchanged to over the last 12 years. We had a one bed apartment, the bed was so firm and it was a treat to have the jacuzzi bath in addtion to the large walk in shower. The free toiletries were a nice touch and I appreciated the washer dryer in the apartment. The whole apartment was decorated in gold and earth tones with lovely furnishings and fabrics.
Whilst the pool area did not have sun all day, I was grateful for the shade as it was over 90 degrees most afternoons, and the pool was huge and pretty with the palm trees surrounding it. The free pool towels were a bonus and the security guys made sure the "adult only" pool was kept that way.
I would certainly go back to the Wyndham if I was staying at Vegas again, if you don't mind driving to the casinos, as it's a fair walk to any of the big hotels in the heat, and with all the construction going on in Vegas at the moment, it's dusty and noisy if you are walking far. We didn't use the free shuttle as the hotels we wanted to go to weren't that close to Harrahs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Wyndham Grand Desert offers spectacular one- and two-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, dining rooms, large bedrooms with plenty of closet and storage space, living rooms with pull-out sofas; some suites offer a spa tub in the master bedroom. The perfect vacation home - away from home - for a weekend trip or an extended stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vegas.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wyndham Grand Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Hotel Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Las Vegas
- Wyndham Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Resort Las Vegas
- Fairfield Resort Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Wyndham
- Fairfield Las Vegas Grand Desert