“Great Softball Tournament in Las Vegas!!!”

Wyndham Grand Desert
Ranked #28 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Three of my softball teammates and myself Stayed at the Wyndham Grand Desert on Martin Luther King Weekend 2014. We were in town for a softball tournament, The accommodations were excellent, the 2 bedroom suite was spacious and the Kitchen was just the perfect size to allow one person to cook while while the others sat and talked around breakfast bar top. We all felt at home sitting together at the dinner table, CHEERS! The location to the strip was just a just a small walk away but on any further ventures we used the shuttle service and taxis. We enjoyed our stay here so much that we all agreed to return together next year and stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Carlos Z

Reviewed March 19, 2014

It was my first trip to Vegas and I am so pleased that I was able to stay at the Wyndham Grand Desert. First off the rooms are AWESOME. They have everything you need. And if it is not there, the great staff will make it happen for you...within reason. :)
The shuttle service provided was great. It was my first time there and I was a bit nervous about getting lost, but when I sat on that shuttle and the driver, Tom, said hello - I knew I was in great hands. They are amazing. Friendly and full of useful information. I feel like I made a new friend. He shared great spots with me and explained how to get to places and what they had to offer.
The Wyndham was great - and just made me feel like I was on a true vacation that was all about me.

Room Tip: I believe that all of the rooms would provide a nice place to rest and relax.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank justme97420
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our party of 5 women stayed in a 3 bedroom room. 2 of the bedrooms had king sized beds and the 3rd room had 2 double beds. The lounge sofa also had a double pullout bed. The apartment was roomy with a great kitchen. Good washer and dryer and 2 bathrooms. We were in Tower 2. The resort has lovely swimming pools and the staff were very friendly.
The only thing we didn't like was them trying to get us to go to a presentation on purchasing a " Time share" - they were quite persistent. Apart from that is was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank shez13
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was our third stay here. We are owners. Check in was efficient. We had the usual "attend breakfast get update" request. We agreed as it is 45 minutes and we were given a $100 gift card.
Our room was the least nice that we have had. It was all that was available at check in at 2:30 and we accepted that.
It was very stuffy and smaller than normal.
Shuttle service is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank geektrvlr
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is my favorite place to stay in Las vegas. The rooms are spacious and clean. They have three pools, one of which is open 24 hours. All pool areas are beautiful and nicely landscaped with plenty of chairs. They also offer a free shuttle to the strip but if you have access to a car it is easier to just drive and valet park (which is free at all the major hotels and casinos). The only complaint I have is the never ending parade of time share presentations. These tours can make the lobby a very congested area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melinda H
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Recently returned from our annual vacation (02/28/14 - 03/07/14) at the Wyndham Grand Desert. This marks our 5th year there and they have never let us down! The resort and staff were just awesome! Our 2-bedroom in Tower 3 was absolutely beautiful and clean with a strip view! The food at Oasis Cafe was delicious as always! (esp. their bacon hamburger sandwich with crispy fries) Their staff was so helpful when asked about activities, things to do and see! A "HUGE" Aloha to Janet Gibson who made sure our stay was just 'picture perfect'! We are already planning to return in February 2015!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Moana56
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just got back from 5 nights at the WGD. The resort itself is beautiful. They have 4 pools although only seemed to be using 3 of them. I guess the other will be used during the bigger pool months. They do a great job keeping the grounds very clean, borderline immaculate. They are constantly cleaning, painting, planting or whatever else to keep it in great shape.

The staff is very helpful and pleasant. They only asked once if we wanted to do the timeshare thing we politely declined and they never asked again.
We had one issue with them refunding me $2.00 for a flat diet coke. The process for getting the refund was going to be such a hassle that I didn't bother. When they called to ask if everything was ok in my room I told them about this and they apologized. Repeated the same offer to jump through multiple hoops to get my $2.00 back to which I declined. In the future I hope they would just allow their employees the latitude to handle minor things like this.

They have a small convenience store, a restaurant, a bar with slots and video poker, workout rooms, BBQ grills and lots of other nice touches.

It's about a 10 minute walk to the strip and they have a shuttle that will drop you at Harrahs if you don't want to walk.

The units are nice. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it had 2 flat screen TV's and a full kitchen. As nice as they keep the grounds they clearly went cheap on the units. You may notice several reviews talk about things breaking and how quickly and politely they take care of it. We had the same experience. Ice maker wasn't working. They immediately sent up more ice and someone to fix the ice maker. You get the sense though that everything is about to break soon. We were in tower 3 which has a nice view of the strip.

If you want to be close to the strip but not on it this is a nice place to stay. It's quiet, has all the amenities you need, has a great atmosphere/feel about it and the staff is very helpful as long as you don't need a refund.
We were using a relatives timeshare points and if I were paying I would stay on the strip but this resort serves its purpose.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple