We stayed in a one bedroom room in tower 3. Beautiful, clean room, the pool is open 24/7 and the shuttle service is a great addition. Planet Hollywood is a 10 to 15 minute walk, not a 5 min walk like a previous poster stated. If going at night, take the shuttle or taxi as the area isn't that safe. The shuttle service is good but the female driver does not care who gets on or not as evidenced by what happened at 10pm on Saturday night. Several jerks pushed old people out of the way to rush on the shuttle (yep, you fat guy in the Broncos cap). The elderly people had been waiting patiently for 20 minutes and the jerks had been there 2 minutes. The shuttle driver could have mitigated the circumstances by 1. Allowing the old and disabled on first and 2. Checking our shuttle passes.
Continuing on with the bad, the sales people are horrible at this place. You check in at the desk of a chaotic lobby where sales people and customers with the blank 'I only came here for free show tickets and now I paid $50,000 for one week use of a condo and I have lost 6 hours of my day' look on their faces are milling around. After you check in, you check in again to get your 'packet and parking pass' AKA gorilla sales push number 1. The lady seemed nice enough but then started pushing and pushing. We said no, not interested and didn't have time. She pushed stating 'You have one week, you go, you go' in her Greek accent. We said no again and she said 'but you have points, you have to go fir the owner update. Did you know that Wyndham OWNS RCI now?' (Big lie by the way). Finally we relented as like another poster said, they hold your parking permit hostage until you say uncle. We ended up not going but forfeiting the $20 deposit and unplugging our room phone on the morning we were supposed to attend. We looked at it as a cheap parking fee and a savings of 6 hours. It is a lie about the owner update. They will try to make you buy their Wyndham points. We spoke with several people who complained about the lie and hard sell of the points. Two coupled at one of the show also wrote discussing being strong armed and getting crap show tickets when all was said and done. If you don't have a vehicle, then bypass the second check in and go right to your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Wyndham Grand Desert offers spectacular one- and two-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, dining rooms, large bedrooms with plenty of closet and storage space, living rooms with pull-out sofas; some suites offer a spa tub in the master bedroom. The perfect vacation home - away from home - for a weekend trip or an extended stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Vegas.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Grand Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Hotel Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Las Vegas
- Wyndham Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Resort Las Vegas
- Fairfield Resort Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Wyndham
- Fairfield Las Vegas Grand Desert