I surprised my boyfriend with a 40th birthday trip and booked through a friend the Wyndham Dessert and what a way to start off teh trip!
Now when we first checked in I had paid for a one bedroom and had asked for rooms close to our good friends and something with a view of the strip ( I know I wanted alot but it was his 40th)
When we arrived we went to check in we went right up top the counter and already liked the lobby and the hotels grounds itself. Our friends and I checked in at the Sametime with different people and we were out right next to each other. We were all excited and took our bags and got ready to go to tower 3-- which is the furthest away but had a nice pool. Before we could exit were were slightly hounded about the timeshare- were New Yorker's so we shrugged it off and kept on going- didn't even wait for bell hop
Once we reached the 11th floor and our rooms, I was shocked about the room I was given. It was a studio. The AC seemed to be off and turned out to be broken, we went to our friends room and saw that they had received the room we had paid for as well. My bf went to use the bathroom and bam a broken toilet. I had already called Maintenance about the AC and decided to just go back to the lobby and let them know what was going on. Stephanne was an absolute DOLL. She was great to talk to and a really sweet lady. I told her everything that happened and she 100% took care of everything. She gave us the upgrade to the one bedroom, gave us a bottle of champagne, chocolate and goodies and promised to call us once the room would be ready, and guess what she DID!!! We received a call later on that the room was ready and we were good to go. Michele was at the front desk at the time and was very sweet so gave us a bottle of wine too for all that had happened!
Our room had a GREAT VIEW of the strip!!! Fill kitchen, bedroom, bathroom with stand up shower and jacuzzi ion a separate room, plenty of living and dining area as well! 4 plus heated pools, cafe, newsstand etc. You name it they had it!
The location to me was great- super close to the strip ( PH was just a few blocks away). There was a CVS and liquor store a few blocks down and the Hard Rock as well
The shuttle always seemed to have a time issue with us, we used it to go to the Rio and back and maybe once more
I would 100% stay again and again!!!!
Thank you Wyndham for a great time!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Wyndham Grand Desert offers spectacular one- and two-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, dining rooms, large bedrooms with plenty of closet and storage space, living rooms with pull-out sofas; some suites offer a spa tub in the master bedroom. The perfect vacation home - away from home - for a weekend trip or an extended stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Wyndham Grand Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Hotel Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Las Vegas
- Wyndham Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Resort Las Vegas
- Fairfield Resort Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Wyndham
- Fairfield Las Vegas Grand Desert