I know it is Vegas, and not really suitable for children, so we decided to stay at the Wyndham because they make a point of family friendly. The pool was decent, but always in the shade because of its location in the middle of the tall towers. The activities center was ok; ping pong, pool, and games. And that is it! The staff, unlike the other resorts we have stayed at, could care less about the activities. Maybe just the off season, but the only friendly staff was the timeshare reps (and one really nice front desk staff.) And once you said no to the timeshare rep, you can forget them being nice too.
The units are nice, very spacious, with modern appliances. We had constant problems with dishwasher, electrical outlets, and garbage disposal. They attended to the issues promptly, only to find that they still didn't work. We made at least one call a day (and 4 on one day) to try to get things to work. Our final morning we used all the towels in the bathroom to mop up the spill of water from the dishwasher (after it had been fixed twice.)
We used the shuttle to get to Harrahs and to the Rio for gambling. Stopped using it when the driver was texting and driving.
Vegas is not kid friendly, and this resort fits in well with Vegas. Good place to use as a central location for gambling, traveling, and eating. I wish the unit hadn't been so troublesome, but I also wish they people had resolved the issues. My final note: We have attended some timeshare presentations, and we chose to attend this one as Wyndham now owns RCI. The presentation was by far the worst I have ever seen, so over the top, I actually laughed out loud (when I wasn't supposed to.) Our rep continually put down weeks ownership, reminding us that we would never be able to get into a place like this one (we traded for two units with no problem.) Not good when Wyndham is putting down RCI.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Wyndham Grand Desert offers spectacular one- and two-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, dining rooms, large bedrooms with plenty of closet and storage space, living rooms with pull-out sofas; some suites offer a spa tub in the master bedroom. The perfect vacation home - away from home - for a weekend trip or an extended stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Grand Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Hotel Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Las Vegas
- Wyndham Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Resort Las Vegas
- Fairfield Resort Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Wyndham
- Fairfield Las Vegas Grand Desert