“Great resort” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Swindon UK
“Great resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had a great week here with friends. Facilities were brilliant. Unit had a washer dryer and kitchen facilities. We were just half a block from the strip. Had a great tour from here to the grand canyon. Very central. Well worth it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank jackieswindon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ten of my friends (mid twenties) and I stayed at the Grand Desert from Dec 28th through January 1st. We were in tower 3. Seven of us in a two bedroom, four of us in a one bedroom. Wyndham was very nice to put our rooms only a few doors down from each other. The rooms were very nice and a number of people in my party used the kitchen a few times. Everything we needed was there. The walls must be really thick or something because not only did I never hear anyone in the room next to ours, but I never even heard people in our room get back in the wee hours of the morning. We used the pool and the hottub a number of times. Very beautiful area. The fitness center was adequate for our needs.

The staff was wonderful. We arrived super late Friday night (you know how traveling in the winter is...) and the woman who checked us in was great. She even gave us a bottle of wine and box of chocolates... .just because. THAT was very much needed.

We used the shuttle a number of times and only had one time where we waited a little longer than we would have liked. The first shuttle was full so we had to wait for another. The hotel was booked though, with many wanting to get to the strip so its something we understood.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat, for the right trip. Its a fantastic facility and if I needed a condo while in Vegas (lots of friends/family/kids) then this is where I would stay. It is within walking distance and everything about this place is great. However, if I were to go back with a few friends/boyfriend/etc, I would stay on the strip. One, I don't cook, so I don't need the kitchen. The experience of trying the restaurants is fun. Two, the convenience of walking right onto the strip would be nice.

So, again, if you want the amenities of a condo, STAY HERE. But it is a half mile walk to the strip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank kger215
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've visited this property 3 times now, and each time is quite different from the last. This time I could not give it 5 stars because they cancelled the MUCH needed strip shuttle at 3:00 2 out of the 3 days on my trip (without prior notice of course). You can walk to the strip-but it's about a 20 minute walk-1 mile for sure. Not too bad, but considering you will spend the entire day and night walking around Vegas it's simply too much to walk back and forth to the property if you wanted to drop off the kids for a swim, drop off the packages you bought, or to go back to eat lunch or dinner before hitting the strip again. Cabs are crazy expensive because they charge when they are not moving---and believe me the traffic is thick and you will spend a lot of time sitting and paying.

Room Tip: Face the pools for the best view
Maple Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our room was lovely, very clean, very convenient to have a full kitchen and washer and dryer.We also had a lovely jaccuzi tub ,sadly we were too wbusy to ever try it out! I did not like the checkin process where imediately upon finding out we were guests and not an owner, they insisted we fill out a form stating our income and information. We were also asked if we were married. Not into this sort of thing!
Other than that, the stay was very nice. The hot tub was nice, the gym well equipped and i enjoyed the tanning beds and the fact that they were reasonably prices ( four times for $30).
The staff was wonderful! The bellhops, the drivers, all very nice and very helpful! We liked having the van take us grocery shopping and to Fremont street. It would have been nice if the van would have trips to to drop off at other side of the strip ( by The Luxor). There is a free shuttle to Harrahs, which was nice. but the other end, at night , involved a long walk or taxi.
The buildings are very clean, spacious , nice. It would have been nicer to have more items available in the store as it is a fair walk to most ammenties. Otherwise, it is a very nice place to stay and the staff wonderful!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank VancouverTakemeaway
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I felt like a valued guest from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. The check in staff were very welcoming and the accomodation was spottlessly clean, modern, spacious and best of all, the wi-fi was free and fast. There was some building work going on (I had been advised of this when I booked) which meant that there were less parking spaces available, but I was always able to get a space reasonably close to the building I was staying in so this was not an issue. I was also very impressed with the care that the contractors took to make sure that their work did not inconvenience the guests. Check out was just as efficient as check in and I will definately stay here again next time I'm in Vegas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Monroe, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have a timeshire so I stay at Wyndham properties all the time but I have never been to every floor to have all the vending machines be empty. When I complained about the problem I was greeted with complimentry water but I think that should be something the staff should keep stocked and have that attended to. As far as the cleanness it was really clean strange old lady smell but clean. I couldnt ask for better staff they were great. This is off the strip but does have shuttle to Harrahs on the strip. the shuttle doesnt run after 9pm so you would have to get a cab after that. While we were there we noticed it looked like they were starting to redo and give this place a facelift.

• 2 of 5 stars
Sanford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was our 4th visit to Vegas and the Grand Desert over the last 15 years. This place has really grown and just gotten more spectacular. The lobby at christmas was beautful along with all the folks that work there who were also very helpful. The room facing the courtyard with all the pools was a picture of perfection. We even had a great time and breakfast at the update session. Thats remarkable in itself!!!!!!!!!! Will always stay here when in the Vegas area as it is convenient with shuttle and its just a stunning resort............

Room Tip: All of our rooms in building 1 & 2 are very nice. Never stayed in building 3