“Great food, great prices”

KoMex Fusion Express
Ranked #561 of 4,955 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had never heard of Korean-Mexican fusion food. We love both cuisines separately so we jumped at the chance to try them melded together at this little hole-in-the-wall place. The quick summary? YUM--you must try it!

We ordered regular dumplings and some wonton soup to start and those were excellent. We all shared several dishes for dinner including the bugolgi (pork) burrito, bugolgi (beef) nachos, and a couple bugolgi (chicken) tacos. The portions are huge and the ingredients are all so fresh and tasty. The Korean and Mexican ingredients/seasonings really compliment each other.

This place takes a car to get to, but it is well worth the drive. It is not large so I imagine there are times when you'd have to wait for a table or order some carryout. We spent a fraction of what we had spent the night before on dinner on the Strip and it was SO much better. We wished we'd tried it out earlier on our trip so we could have gone back more than once.

Can someone open a Korean Mexican fusion restaurant in my neighborhood please?

1  Thank luv2snorkel61

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I loved that when arriving here that it was a hole in the wall restaurant. The place is small, but don't let the atmosphere fool you!! The food is fantastic. Bulgogi tacos!!! They give you 3 options for meat. Beef, chicken or pork. My favorite was the pork. They are heavenly. My friend ordered some chinese food and the serving was HUGE! It was good. I ordered a Bulgogi burrito to take to my wife. It was also very good, but it had a bit too much cilantro in it for my taste. Can't wait to try it again!!

1  Thank Jeepers_Mimi
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband has been going here for a few years and I finally had the chance. Bugolgi tacos are to die for as was the nachos. Sampled the fusion chimichanga and it was superb. I wish I lived in Vegas so I could go more often! You can't go wrong here, service was fast and friendly. Yes we waited for our meal because they make it fresh to order and they won't do it any other way nor would I want them to. A real winner and I'm picky!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Put Komex on your list. If you are ever in Vegas, or driving through Vegas, or in the vicinity of Vegas go to Komex. If you are someone who likes a family friendly, wallet friendly, tummy friendly place then Komex will be your friend. It's Korean-Mexican fusion. The food is cheap but delicious. And that's an understatement. The staff is gracious and accommodating. And there is another understatement. The food is interesting but not for the sake of being interesting. They don't use crazy or exotic ingredients, just blend lots of normal things in a unique way that will make your taste buds go mmmmm.

My brother and his wife are obsessed. They sent us there and although the GPS said we were at the right address we had to call to be sure. Then we sent a picture to be totally sure. It's in a rough neighborhood in a run down strip mall with small booths and a half working neon sign. This couldn't be the place we had read rave reviews about. But it was. We were in the right place. We were soooooo in the right place.

Eat this:

Bulgogi Beef Fried Rice - very large portion

Pork Fusion Tostada

Fusion Tacos

Wontons

When you go, tell them Brian and Liz from St. George sent you. Then you will be treated like family. I have a feeling they treat everyone like family at Komex. But instead of a distant cousin, you are in, like a favorite sibling.
Check it out http://www.onourbeatenpath.com/2012/05/put-komex-on-your-list.html

Reviewed May 25, 2012

It is such a tiny restaurant on Decature and Washington. Yelp reviews help us trying the Korean fusion Mexican food. 2 adults and 1 kid with happy full belly usually pay $20.
Korean style salsa is the best. Kim Chee is available per request, and it is higher recommend it with thier tacos.

They told us they would open another location 215 and Raibow.