“Great find!”

Island Style
Ranked #846 of 5,037 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Korean, Hawaiian
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great food! A couple of miles off the strip, Had the spicy noodle soup (with seafood) and stir-fried noodles with black bean soy sauce combo meal. Delicious, and the server couldn't have been nicer. More than we could eat for $10! Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Was looking for good Korean food and found it here at Island Style. This restaurant is not located on the strip. It is a very small place. When I was there people were waiting in line to get in. Ordered the bulgoki and my companion had the combination fried rice.We both raved about how delicious the food was. The owner was very nice, explained the dishes we had questions about. They offered Korean, Chinese and Hawaiian entrees. The kimchee and radish sides were some of the best I've eaten. They also give each table boiled peanuts. Will return here on my next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is my regular stop every time I come into town! My son introduced me to this great "hole in the wall" place! Off the strip, local style food and atmosphere! Everything is delicious! We ordered Meat Jung, Kalbi, Teriyaki Chicken, Spam Musubi and Noodles (the picture is on the wall), and ate it family style! I love the tea (Solomon Seal) but be aware to drink no more than 3 cups a day! It can give you a headache! As full as I was, I wanted to eat more!!! I can still smell and taste the food! Onolicious!!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stopped into this korean gem with my wife. I have never had korean food before, so I really wanted to give it a try. It had recieved great reviews on another site, so I decided that I wanted to try it. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by Russell, the owner. He seated us and even gave me the remote to the TV. I wasn't interested in the TV so I just left it alone. He asked if it was our first visit and then proceeded to tell us his recommendations to try. He recommended the Combo, which included chicken, meat june, and beef. It also includes rice and macaroni salad. He also recommended the Bibimbop. My wife wasn't excited about the egg yolk, so she chose to order the kalua pork with cabbage. We also ordered a half order of pan fried dumplings.
After ordering, Russell brought some boiled peanuts, and other sides like spiced daikon radishes, spiced cabbage, bean sprouts, and hot dog slices. They were good. The spice a bit much for my wife and she didn't like the boiled peanuts, but I did.
I knew this was a special place when a bunch of korean locals began to file in. They seemed like they were very regular and if it is good enough to keep them happy, then who am I to disagree.
We both enjoyed our food. They were great choices. The Kalua pork with cabbage was great. The pork was very juicy.

I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Jeepers_Mimi
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This food was amazing, and the service was even better. You will be greeted by kind people, who will ensure you have a great experience, suggesting great dishes and showing you the best ways to eat it. Get the hot pot or spicy chicken. Ate here twice in 4 days in Vegas!

1  Thank Nashvilletn630