“Average in every way”

Ranked #12 of 225 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Not sure what all the buzz is about this show. The host and his sidekick were the best part of the act with the over the top and raunchy humor.

The acrobats were enjoyable, but after having seen many Cirque style shows, I had seen most of these acts before and usually at much higher standards. None of the acts were anything really memorable. I'm pretty sure that part of the show has been removed. I've seen pictures of a high wire act, that was not part of the show we saw. And Angel Porrino is no longer with them either.

There are newer reviews for Absinthe

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We go to Vegas often and have seen most of the shows worth seeing (and a few that were not). There were no headliners in town or new shows to attend so we had just planned a few nice dinners and poker for this visit.
I happened past the Absinthe tent and was handed a couple of $20 off tags. Hmm...we thought and thought we should give it a try based on the reviews here and on Yelp.
We were so glad we did. It was a RIOT! Crude and rude.....an equal opportunity offender. It was fun and different for your usual "Cirque" or comedic fare.

Acrobatics were impressive. Similar to Teatro ZinZanni without the food and WAAAYYY raunchier.

Advise - don't pay up for the VIP seats. There are only 12 rows in the tent so no seats are very far from the action. Plus, the front rows put you at risk of becoming "part of the act" which has the potential to be very embarrassing!

A worth while visit for "bad boy" fun. A relative $$ bargain by Vegas show standards too.

1  Thank Msk6261
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went to Absinthe in November of 2011. The venue is small with narrow, uncomfortable wooden chairs. Admission is general so it is easy to sit where you'd like if you arrive early. Discounted tickets are readily available, so be sure to look for at least $20 off the face value. The show itself is a balance of raunchy humor mixed with acrobatics, all performed within feet of where we were sitting. There was minimal nudity, and jokes were overall pretty tame. Recommended.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This show was great. We laughed practically the whole show. Was a good mix of technical performance and comedy. Very strong language and sexually explicit humor. This show is not for everyone.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I don't really know how to start writing this review. I saw the show 24 hours ago and I'm still feeling the effects of Absinthe. This show had it all.... it was daring, funny, frightening, sexy and fun. Whoever is responsible for the decor needs an award, I felt as if I had been transported into an earlier time. If you buy the VIP tickets you get to enter in a very unique fashion (I won't spoil it). If you want to see the most unique show around right now, see this one. My only regret, is that I can never see Absinthe for the first time again.

Been to Absinthe? Share your experiences!