La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Aviation Inn(Las Vegas)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolnellis air force basehot breakfastyogurtroom was cleanplace to stayfree breakfastoff the stripfitness centerwalmartlqafblaspetsgmmotelmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My company had reserved 5 rooms and our stay was an wonderful, it was close to everything, no road noise or traffic and I was able to walk to walmart and its only a 2 minute drive to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. My room was wonderful and comfortable a real family oriented hotel. The rooms are spacious and modern. My room was super clean, the linens and bedding was spotless. The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave and free wireless internet. They must have just remodeled because the pillows were fluffy and the TV looked brand new. The staff here are very friendly. I had some packages delivered (15 Boxes) and there wasn't an issue in storing them. One of the things that I really enjoyed was the free hot breakfast. I come to North Las Vegas often to visit the Las Vegas Speedway and this hotel is located close to it. This place is about 15 mins from the Strip but we hardly go there as the Cannery Casino is close by and there are lots of restaurants near the Cannery too. All in all my colleagues and I had a wonderful time and I am already planning our next stay with this hotel. One of our collegues had accidentally left his laptop in the room. House keeping turned it in and Rosalie the GM was kind enough to call me and ship it. Now thats what I call service. Thank you La Quinta!!!

Room Tip: They have Suites as well as regular rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank GreenMan305
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Greenman

We all appreciate your comments very much. I am happy to see we accomplish our goal. We would love to have you back soon.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Don't trust the staff at this hotel. After our departure from the hotel (2 days later), we received a phone call stating that in order to cover the room damage during our stay, they charged our credit card an additional $150.00 to cover damages that supposedly occurred during our stay. These allegations/charges were erroneous. There was no damage and now we're having to fight with the hotel and our bank regarding these erroneous charges. I will NEVER stay in another La Quinta Inn if this is their practice of charging guests for allegations/damages that were not incurred during our stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Denise C
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Keep in mind that this review is mainly regarding the accommodations and not necessarily the staff. The staff were all very nice and did what they could with what they had.

We had visited the area in December and stayed at the La Quinta Airport South. It was fresh and new and probably the best La Quinta we'd stayed in. Unfortunately, that location was not available for the dates we were traveling, so we opted for the Nellis location.

On the way there, we were running late, so we called to inform the staff of our late arrival. I called the hotel directly eight (8) times, no answer. So I eventually called the 800 number and the operator couldn't get in touch with them either and I was told to just keep trying. After four more attempts I finally got through.

Upon arrival, the door was locked (I understand it was for security reasons), so we had to buzz in. As we checked in we stated that we had our dog with us and the lady said there was a charge per night for our pet. This was a huge deal for me since we've NEVER been charged at any La Quinta for having our pet with us...EVER. So after I stated my disappointment and the fact that this was not mentioned to us when we made our reservation, the lady "waived" the fee.

Okay, so the property is old, but it was clean, so I can't complain about that. I was very surprised that we were put on the 3rd floor with our dog, but I guess there weren't any other rooms available. On the second day we go to change the channel on the TV and it wasn't working, we go downstairs to get batteries, still doesn't work. So we had to go back downstairs to get a new remote...weird.

So all in all, not horrible, but probably will not stay there again unless there aren't any others available. Again, the staff was great, super helpful and certainly work well with what they have.

I would definitely suggest that La Quinta invests in remodeling this location. They have an excellent staff and a great location, but the property itself needs some serious improvement.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mspersnickety79
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Room wreaked, not the worst smell, some kind of disinfectant maybe? Went for food at 9pm, come back and the doors are locked, no one at desk, with a sign "doors locked at 8pm, dial 0 for entry". Except that calls are a two-stage process, there needs to be someone at the other end! GIrl finally picked up and rudely stated "the sign says you have to call after 8pm". She was upstairs somewhere, took me three calls over 10 minutes to get in to the hotel that I'm PAYING FOR, with my food getting cold. Unbelievable that in 2013 they don't have card key access, or consideration for guests! It was 9:40pm, not 3am for pete's sake. Will NOT come back here, no way!

Room Tip: Hotel has idling trucks all around, connected to Walmart parking lot. Good luck getting a quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NJ-RichardJ
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were traveling to California and Stayed overnight. Our rooms were very nice and one had a really nice sitting area. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub a lot. The free breakfast was yummy. We felt like the staff was friendly and helpful-they even helped us find a great restaurant for prime rib. Thanks you so much for a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends