“NHRA National Event”

Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Las Vegas is about half way in a 12 hour journey to and from our children's homes and usually the best place to stop when we choose not to drive the entire distance. The La Quinta Inn on Nellis Boulevard is a great place to stop. Prices are excellent when there isn't a special event in the area, it's off the strip and away from the traffic and chaos, the accommodations are clean and very nice and the staff could not be more considerate and helpful. Our most recent trip was made due to a family emergency and when the front desk clerk heard we were leaving at 5:00 a.m., before breakfast was served, he made sure we got something to eat and some coffee. It is not in the best area, but it is easy off/on the freeway and seems safe.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I don't know where to start. Check in was very quick and easy. The room rate was excellent! The room was great - very comfortable. Maid service every day. Free breakfast every a.m. and a very good one at that! Friendly and helpful staff from the front desk personnel, breakfast staff, and maid service! 24 hour pool and spa. On site laundry facility. Located only four miles from Las Vegas Motor Speedway and conveniently located to many good restaurants. If you're not into all the hustle and bustle of the strip, this is definitely the place to stay! I know we will return here any time we are in Vegas! And they are also pet friendly. I can't say enough good about this place! Thank you for an awesome experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We couldn't have said it better ourselves! But it's always nice to hear such glowing words from our guests. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, our services, and the location. Please come stay with us again the next time you're in Las Vegas!

Safe travels.

A TripAdvisor Member
Leander, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This Hotel is off the Strip and in a not so good area of Las Vegas. But is was very quiet and the staff were very good. Jeff was very helpful in a lot of ways. I will stay there again when in Vegas. If you are planning a trip to Vegas this Hotel is very good and they allow pets. Parking lot is very secure.

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review and your comments regarding Jeff. We are very proud of Jeff and the rest of our awesome staff and will be happy to share your review with the entire team. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt safe and comfortable at the La Quinta Inn Nellis. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in Las Vegas.

Safe travels!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I dialed 702-632-0229 today, several times. It rung approx 100 times then disconnected me. I redialed 4 times and went thru this 100 ring process before the call was answered by "Myra" who refused three requests to give me her name. When she refused to give me her first name I ask to speak to a manager and was told me no manager was available.

There is something wrong with your phones or Myra, if that is even her name.

My wife and I are LQ platinum members and I don't like airing stuff like this on the internet but since "Myra" wouldn't connect me with her supervisor, so be it.

Dear Traveler,

I apologize for your experience and am definitely disappointed to hear such a dismal review about our service and about Myra, who is typically one of our best employees. It sounds like there were some abnormal hotel issues that she was handling at that time and she wasn't at her best when she answered the phone. This is no excuse, I realize, and I apologize again that you were the recipient of such service. I can assure you that this is not the norm for the hotel or for Myra ansd I hope that you might give us another chance when traveling to Las Vegas. Thank you for your comments.

Safe travels.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very disappointed in La Quinta and Expedia. I booked this hotel on Expedia. When I arrived, the hotel did not have my reservation. I showed them my paid confirmation from Expedia but they stated that if they didn't have the information direct from Expedia, they wouldn't honor the confirmed reservation. The hotel did not have a manager on duty to assist.

It took more than an hour to contact Expedia and have them fax the information to the hotel. The hotel then had to manually type the information into their computer (modernize your systems!). The receptionist did her best but it was very annoying to be delayed so long after driving for many hours.

Expedia hotel booking may not be the best option. Hotels seem to give second tier service with Expedia reservations.

Other than check-in, the hotel was as expected.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We sincerely apologize for your experience and understand your frustration, as we were also frustrated by the situation. Unfortunately, when working with a third party travel agency (Expedia), that means there is an extra step or two that must take place in order for the hotel to receive your reservation information from the other company. 95% of the time, there are no issues but occassionally there are, as with any hotel or any business. We certainly do not treat our Expedia guests or guests who book from any other site as subpar. We appreciate you and every other guest for choosing our hotel and we look forward to providing the very best service and accomodations to each and every guest. Again, I apologize for the frustrations that you experienced and we will continue to look for ways to improve our communications with Expedia to prevent future problems.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012