“starting to feel at home here!”

La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis
Ranked #66 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am staying at LaQuinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis while working in the Las Vegas area. The front desk staff are very friendly, always greet me by my first name and have been very helpful to me with everything I have needed, especially walking me to my vehicle in the early morning hours when I was concerned about someone near the parking area. I have two more weeks on this project and will return each time I work in this area.! Great people work here!

Room Tip: some rooms are much bigger and much like a mini suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MaryHolly44
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We take it as the biggest compliment to know that you feel at home here. We especially love getting to know our guests on a more personal level and it is our pleasure to greet you each morning. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay more comfortable.

A La Quinta traveler
San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed September 11, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Over all we were happy with our choice to stay here. Clean rooms NO BED BUGS!!! Complimentary breakfast was good! Variety of breakfast foods! Nice pool area only complaint was there was a ton of dog poop in grass and rock areas couldn't walk on any of the grass or rock areas but other then this we were satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ashlalee
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your comments. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the dog droppings and will instruct our team to keep a closer eye on the area (although we would prefer guests use the bags and trash can provided to pick up after their pet.) We hope that you'll be back to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We arrived early for check-in on a Saturday morning and instead of being told to come back (which has happened in the past at other hotels) we were given a freshly cleaned room right away. The staff was extremely kind and helpful, very cheery and welcoming. The bed was extremely comfortable. I loved waking up every morning to the view of the mountains and a hot breakfast of bisquits and gravy with sausage and eggs. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive to the strip but IMO it is well worth the drive. My husband was in class on Nellis AFB for a week and some of the guys that was in his class complained about all the downtown noise and light leaking through their windows all night. I liked the fact that everything was within walking distance of the hotel and Nellis AFB gate is about half a mile away. There is a indoor pool and fitness center inside the hotel, and walmart right next door. When we come back for our family vacation we will be staying here again.

1  Thank Michelle I

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your nice review and letting other travelers know the pros of staying away from the Strip. We agree that a short drive is worth it to avoid the noise, lights. and chaos of the Strip! We're trhilled that you enjoyed breakfast and all of the other free amenities and we look forward to seeing you and the family back here soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Las Vegas-Nellis Hotel at the recommendation of my husband's company, as it was close to where they were doing business. We arrived late at night, and were checked in immediately by Jeff, who was extremely efficient. He had all the information we had given when we had made the reservation through the 1-800 number. It was perfect. The bed was comfortable, and so were the pillows--a rare find in hotels/motels, it seems. Breakfast was served promply from 6-9 a.m. with a choice of hot or cold food. The hotel was very clean and well-kept. The pool and fitness area were easily accessible. Best of all, the staff were all so friendly, and so helpful with any request. Rosalie was attentive to everything. The only disadvantage is that it is located approx. 7 miles from the Strip, no shuttle, and no concierge. However, after driving to the Strip a time or two, it was only a 20-min. drive, and with free parking at the Hotels, it was not a problem. The other disadvantage was----the temperature was 115 degrees F. in the day, with a low of 95 at night. It was oppressive. I don't believe the staff, or LaQuinta had control over that, however.
I might add that the person who made the reservation for me was so kind, considerate, and friendly. As I mentioned to Rosalie, the Airlines could take a few lessons from La Quinta!

1  Thank Beverly M

Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We get some many nice comments about Rosalie and her team and we never tire from hearing what a great job she does! Thanks for understanding that we have no control over the heat in Vegas during the summer but I hope you had a chance to take a dip in the indoor pool for some relief. Thank you again for the comments. We hope that you'll stay again!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at the Summerlin La Quinta Inn last year. I was favorably impressed; good facility (seemed like it was new) great value; nice location--close to restaurants and HWY --but not HWY 15 --(5 dot rating).

I wanted to stay a little closer to my business destination this time.... so I chose the La Quinta Nellis... a mistake. while relatively close to HWY 15, restaurant choices few (although nice family BBQ near by) older property, can only enter property from one side of street. it seemed like I was staying at a no-name motel.

I think it would have done better trying to get "a deal" at one of the N. Las Vegas casinos, or drive from Summerlin La Quinta instead.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We're so disappointed that we did not impress you during your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and will look for ways to improve based upon your feedback. We do understand that we may not be the right choice for every guest but do hope you'll give us another chance to show you what a great hotel we are and what an awesome team we have.

A La Quinta traveler