“Sky Suites are Sweet!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pacifica, California
“Sky Suites are Sweet!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a beautiful room on the 32nd floor so our view of the city was beautiful. Upon entering the room the curtains opened and music started to play, nice start! Bed was comfortable and the bathroom spacious. Use of the Lounge downstairs was helpful for refreshments throughout the day, coffee (they even provide cups if you want to make an iced coffee), waters, sodas, danish, cookies and the wine and cheese in the evening.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 26, 2013

View at Aria was great and service was also very good. Not a cheap stay in Vegas but location was right about in middle of strip so getting around by foot and tram was very convienient. Food at restaurants in Aria was pricey you can do better around town. Was on 18th floor had a great view at night lights were bright and flashy. Spent alot of money but did have fun!

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave C
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went with 5 other gilrs on a bachelorette party.

The good:
Customer service was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had booked a penthouse with two kings, not knowing that 2 queens and one king was an option. The front desk was happy to switch us to a different room. The rooms were spacious and the bedding was nice. The bathrooms were unparalleled. The steam sauna showers were a real treat. The spa facilities were also very nice and had a helpful staff. The complimentary lounge food was tasty, but you had to arrive very early to get any breakfast fare. The complimentary airport limo service was excellent.

The bad:
I hoped that because so many reviewers have complained about dirty windows that Aria might have cleaned them by now. No such luck. They are view-disruptingly dirty. The in-room remotes that control the lights, TVs, and curtains reminded me of Hal from "2000: A Space Odyssey." In the middle of the night, the lights and music would come on and the curtains would open, randomly. The controls are not intuitive and you could not dim the screen while sleeping. There was an unpleasant smell at the pool entrance that did not subside during our stay. (Think elephant droppings). However, it was not present once you entered the main pool area.

The ugly:
Upon entering our room, we discovered that a previous guest apparently vomited in our closet. Though there was no stain on the carpet, the stench was unbearable. Someone had also spilled something sticky in every drawer of the master bedroom dresser. We asked housekeeping to clean up the stench and stickiness. To their credit, they did shampoo the closet carpet once we complained. However, they ignored my request to clean the dresser, and I had to do it on my own. The smell only slightly improved after the carpet shampooing. These things should have been taken care of before they allowed anyone to use this room. The only reason I didn't rate the room lower because of it was because we requested a different type of room at the last minute, so perhaps they weren't aware it should not have been used for guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Starr D
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my first visit to both Aria and staying the Sky Suites. I was pleasantly surprised as it was much nicer than I had anticipated. The service throughout the hotel - from the front desk, to room service and housekeeping was all top notch. The only glitch was with bell services upon departure. I had to wait over 40 minutes for a bellman who never showed up. I then took my own things and made my way to valet parking to get my car. Other than that, my hotel stay was pretty perfect. The showers are spacious and could use better shower heads, but the amenities are very nice. The beds in this hotel are one of the best I've experienced. Firm and cozy all at the same time. This was a common comment from everyone in my group.

Room Tip: Definitely choose the Sky Suites. Worth the extra few dollars. Get a strip view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WVFLDCCA
Reviewed March 22, 2013

From the minute we walked in, we were pampered by an superior staff.. from the front desk and elevator guards to housekeeping and wait staff. The hotel is spectacular with incredible to detail in all its gorgeous decor. Unusual flower arrangements are everywhere. Delicious restaurants, beautiful bars, luxurious rooms.

The rooms are as high tech as you can get, with remotes for everything. Floor to ceiling windows let in tons of light. A large bathroom with a huge soaking tub and roman shower has a heavy duty blow dryer and high end toiletries. The turn down service includes the placement of slippers by the bed and delicious chocolates a the pillow.

The hotel is located right in the middle of things and we could easily walk to all the other hotels.. but we really didn't want to because the Aria is so elegant.

I can't think of a single negative thing to say.. it is a gorgeous place far from the grime, grit, and noise of Las Vegas. A true oasis!

The fitness center and pool were luxurious, quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Donna F
Courtenay
Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you have the opportunity to book the Aria for your Las Vegas vacation you should. Not only is this property absolutely beautiful but also the staff is amazing.

My husband and I arrived this past February to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We were met by the friendliest staff at the check in counter who surprised us with a complimentary upgrade to the sky suites. The staff went out of their way to explain to us the layout of the property and our room, which was very much appreciated, as it is quite a large property.

Our room was absolute luxury! 1050 square feet of floor to ceiling windows, beautiful decor and amazing views. The room consisted of a powder room, bar, eating area, living area, bedroom with a king size bed and the loveliest master bathroom. I could have spent hours in the master bathroom. Every evening we arrived back to find that the turndown service was complete, our room tidy and the cutest boxed chocolates on our bed.

As a guest of the Sky Suites we were offered use of the Sky Suite Lounge, which provided complimentary muffins and coffee in the morning, light snacks throughout the day and wine and cheese in the evening. The staff in the lounge was so lovely and wishing to provide you with the best service.

The restaurants and lounges are the best to find in Las Vegas. With their new buffet that has recently opened and their steak house you can find whatever you are craving. Whether you are looking for pub style food, Thai food, Italian or snacks you will find it here.

One of the best features of this hotel is that it is very new and absolutely beautifully decorated. At the time of our visit it was Chinese New Years and there were several floral displays throughout the property that were absolutely breathtaking. The other thing I noticed right away was that I could not really smell cigarette smoke anywhere in the resort. Which in my opinion is a bonus.

I HIGHLY recommend this property for anybody who just wants to get away from it all. Whether it is to fall in love again with your spouse or for business it is a definite must

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stephanie B
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I found a great deal online that included a $100 food credit, so the actual room cost was not too bad. All of the on-site dining was quite expensive (as to be expected in Las Vegas) but many of the restaurants have an "early dinner" pre fixe menu that is a better value. The casino was smokey (as to be expected in Las Vegas) but not horrible. Be careful not to place your store bought beverages in the room fridge, they will charge you $50. I took good care of the front desk person and they moved me from floor 8 to the top floor with a couple other perks - so that paid off nicely. The check in line was quite long however. The room was very well appointed and had some cool high-tech features. Their sky tram to other hotels was also handy. Note their sister property Vdara is 100% smoke-free if that is important to you.

Room Tip: Take care of your check in person, and they may improve your stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple