“Old School Vegas (a good thing!)”

The Peppermill Restaurant & Fireside Lounge
Ranked #67 of 5,037 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The fact that this is the only free-standing restaurant remaining on the Strip and has been featured in numerous films (including the classic 'Casino') make it an essential dining experience.

Our cab driver on the way there was waxing lyrical about the Peppermill, so we knew we were in for something authentically Vegas, which is in very short supply these days. He also gave us a good tip about the portions - they are BIG, even by US standards. The beef nachos, along with being the best nachos I've ever had, easily filled two of us up. 'Proper' mains looked even more ridiculous, so bear this in mind when ordering!

Prices are very reasonable; the nachos were around $15 and even steaks only went up to about $30. Cocktails were decently priced too - around the $10 mark.

Be prepared for a wait for you table, but it's worth it. I'm not sure if you can pre-book, but arriving around midday for lunch on Saturday we spent 45 minutes in the fireside lounge waiting for a table for two. Not that that's a bad thing, as the lounge itself is incredible and definitely worth a look even if you don't have to wait for a table.

I can't wait to go back. There's a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich there with my name on it!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,916)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you want to dine at a unique place in Vegas without the high cost, then plan on stopping by here. Decor is cozy and romantic for a first date, but a welcome too from the average places you would get at a cafe/diner spot.
The Peppermill is a hidden gem just a few steps away from the Encore Hotel near a stripmall with plenty of parking.
Get here before 9am to avoid the wait, as it tends to get busy with tourist by then.
Also try to eat here after 1am to see some colourful locals and entertainers too.
Service is friendly and the meal itself was generous and good. Breakfast is the best choice by far, but other items on the menu such as their sandwiches and the salads are good too.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Peppermill is located on the Las Vegas Blvd. The strip and not the strip. Its a few blocks from the Palazzo but for sure worth the walk. The typical purple and pinkish neon light and decoration give a cosy atmosphere. I was welcomed by Maria :) and since I was rather early for Vegas time, 8:15am, I could pick any spot. Went to the bar and was served by Crystal. Funny and rather attractive lades in an appropriate uniform :p OK I'm here for breakfast. About 6 cooks and over a dozen waitresses, all running like a well set machine and what I could see at the bar, also very hygienic. Grats for that. Service is good and fast and my Eggs Benedict and bagel were exactly what I needed. My meal was delicious and the service impecable. The perfect start of the day :)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you're looking for a decent steak, but don't want to pay typical Las Vegas prices of $50, then Peppermill is where you need to go. We had delicious ribeyes that were huge and perfectly cooked. Dinner came with garlic bread, soup or salad, choice of potatoe and a 16 oz steak all for $29.00. Service was prompt and very friendly, and the atmosphere is great. They have a full menu with breakfast also served all day. Be sure and stop in to have a winning meal!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We really enjoyed this restaurant, just a short walk from the Encore hotel that we were staying in. Very affordable, diner retro style. Comfortable and casual. Best breakfast deals around.