“Pass!”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Pass!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This club is not run by the hotel, but The Light Group. It is like a club you'd find on a crappy cruise with "security" who think intimidating guests is part of their job description. We walked out and got our money back!

Visited July 2012

Temecula, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not Worth it!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This place was horrible to me and my group!

This was the first time I ever had to pay to get into a club/bar/lounge!
We were told it would be $20 for ladies and $30 for guy for an open bar. What the promoter did not tell us is it's only on well drinks... the cheap stuff that will give anyone a massive hangover! It was a Friday night and this place felt like a junior high dance in the 80's!

The promoter for this place was following us as we were walking to Haze and told us that they were no longer allowing anyone into haze because they reached their max. My group bought into the promoter's scam because they heard open bar so we got our wrist bands and went in line.

The Bouncer was absolutely rude to us! We were all dress to go clubbing so we were dressed nice, no baggy clothes, no tennis shoes, the three guys that was with me were fitted. The bouncer asked for our ID and when I gave him mine he just stared at it then at me then he shined his flash light right in my face! We were in a well lite area, there was no need for a bright LED flashlight to be in my face! Then he asked me to give him my full name. then he asked for my street address, then asked me what was my zip code then asked me that city I lived in, what year I graduated high school and THEN asked for my credit card. Finally I was allowed in. What made me mad was that my guys were actually patted down!

When we went in to finally get out drinks, we were distracted by the horrible DJ that was playing music that belonged at a low funded family reunion! The songs that were playing were more like karaoke songs then songs you can dance to! I paid to get in, so I tried my hardest to enjoy myself.

So when we got to the the bar, our bartender was rude! We asked for a Long Island and she said that the "open bar" was only for well drink and left us. She didn't even wait for us to order anything and there was only one other person at the bar and another bar tender was helping them. So finally after 10 minutes, the horrible bar tender came back and we asked for a round of vodka and cranberry and my friend asked for a long island which he paid $12 for. The drinks were weak and took a while for the bar tender to make. The long island tasted like water as well as the cranberry and vodka. I was so disappointed and angry that when my boyfriend went to tip her $4 for our four "free"drinks, I asked him why he was paying that much for water and left the bartender with a $1 tip JUST to be nice.

When we went to the dance floor, my friend who paid for his drink noticed everyone in there were middle aged Caucasians! Was it a coincidence or were we being discriminated? I didn't see anyone else being patted down and I didn't see anyone else being questioned!

After being in there for 30 minutes, we could no longer stand the horrible music that DJ was playing or the horrible service we were getting from the bouncers and the bartenders! I am never going here again and I would never recommend this place unless I want that person to have a horrible time and spend unnecessary money!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Cassey D
Los Angeles
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Elvis has left the building”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I'm not the only one who was suckered by offers of an open bar this ostensibly Elvis themed bar/ultralounge/nightclub thingy.

My friends and I approached the bouncers to ask them what the cover was to enter. They guys said it was $20 each to get in, and even though I hate paying covers, he said the price included free drinks (which made the deal a good one). We paid up, walked to the bar, and were told that the free drink offer had expired at midnight (something the bouncers failed to mention). We walked back to the bouncers, my friend fuming. I calmed him down and said "surely this was a mistake and you didn't realize that the deal ended at midnight." The carrot worked better than the stick and the bouncers handed everyone in the group three free drink vouchers... hardly unlimited drinks, but worth the $20 admission (which they were not going to give back to us).

We ended up with our comped drinks (ordering the most expensive whikseys to maximize the value) and hit the dance floor. The same old top 40 tracks that they play at every club in town pounded out of the speakers and they didn't even attempt to incorporate remixes of Elvis tunes into the playlist. During the day, the design of the place cleverly mimics The King's legendary Graceland mansion, but at night the lights are dimmed and strobes are flashing, making it impossible to take in the decor.

If you're looking for a place to drink and dance, The Gold Boutique Nightclub and Lounge is fine... as long as you talk to the bouncers and make sure you are actually getting a good drink deal. Elvis fans need not apply.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Seth G
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Crazy Fun Night”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

When you go to Aria at during the week, Haze is not open, but a promoter in the casino told me and my friends about a club upstairs called Gold. Had sooo much fun! Good Music, strong drinks. See ya next time.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Travis B
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great time.”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The club wasn't overcrowded and had a great mix of people.

Visited April 2012