“Delicioso! MUST EAT HERE”
Review of Tacos el Gordo

Tacos el Gordo
Ranked #47 of 4,894 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: The Strip
“Delicioso! MUST EAT HERE”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I studied abroad in Puebla, Mexico for 5 months so i consider myself to be a taco connoisseur. I love authentic and flavorful tacos and that's exactly what I found at Tacos El Gordo. All of your senes are captivated upon entering the restaurant and the staff are all pleasant and very helpful. The Tacos de Adobado with everything and pineapples are so delicious! At $2.00 a each, that is a steal. We ordered 6 tacos and 2 drinks and were stuffed for under $20. I am from the east coast and we have plenty of iron chef restaurants from Jose Garces and his food is horrible and not authentic in comparison to Tacos el Gordo! His taco food truck at the Revel in AC also does not compare. It's a hidden jem (in my opinion) and I cant wait to return to Vegas and head straight to this excellent eatery rememisscent of mexico's taco trucks.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
UK
“Amazing fresh mexican food”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After reading the reviews on here and being from the UK where good Mexican food is rare and usually expensive I strolled down from Wynn two blocks for an amazing food experience. Ladies were cooking tortillas right in front of me and guys were cooking and slicing meat for many local people, the experience was great - the guys were very helpful and the food was AWESOME - make the effort if you can, it is a cheap eats establishment that is simply fabulous - enjoy it, I certainly did.

• Visited January 2013
Cypress, Texas
“BEST Deal on the Strip!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A little off the main drag of the strip sits this little taco place. Tucked into the corner of a strip center. Hop into a cab, pay the very nominal fare, and find this place. Meats are carved right into the tortilla, and topped with homemade salsas, cilantro and onions.....right before your eyes. It does not get any fresher than this.

Bonus, they are ridiculously cheap. My husband and I had a hangover feast of about 12 tacos, and two drinks, for around $25. You will NOT find a better deal anywhere near the strip, and if you do.....I cant imagine it tasting anywhere near this good.

Find this little place, you won't be sorry. Just know ahead of time that ordering can be a little confusing, (it is set up funny) especially when it is crowded.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank MoosieChic
Costa Mesa, California
“Best Tacos I've Ever Eaten!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

You know the tacos are good when you only see Mexicans eating there. I ordered the beef brain, beef head, and cow tongue tacos. The cow tongue tacos here were hands-down the BEST tacos lenguas I've ever had in my life. It was too spicy for me (you can ask them not to put the sauce on), and I still thought they were super delicious. I love cow tongue tacos, and these were really the best ever. Tacos cost around $2 each, with the exception of the tacos lenguas, which were $2.25 each. Worth it! My brothers got the spicy pork tacos, and they said those were the best they ever ate. They also have a bunch of other things like cow tongue fries, sopas, and other traditional Mexican foods, but I'll save that for next time. The cooks did really cool tricks with the food, so it was a nice little show while you're waiting for your food. Yep, go to this place. Cheap good food, and it's enough to satisfy your stomach.

• Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing cost/quality ratio!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

All the posts are true. These tacos are sublime. We were there on our last night in Vegas and are still kicking ouselves that we waited until our last day to go because there was no way to go back before we left! We had the adobada tacos and steak mulas. These guys have a winning combination; great fresh food, great taste, perfect price and amazing service. I hope they don't get greedy and keep it as is for the next few years. We'll be back for sure on our next trip ( firt night next time) .

• Visited June 2013