“The real deal”

Tacos el Gordo
Ranked #42 of 4,792 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Strip
Singapore, Singapore
“The real deal”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a 'must try' in Vegas. Basic taco stand with all the "real" Mexican food. None of the typical American facsimile of Mexican food.

Be careful when you go – some times of the day are very very crowded with long lines. Go earlier or later to avoid the queues.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Lake Lanier, GA
“Great Food, Interesting Expierence”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Ended up at this location accidentally. We were over on that side of town and I punched Tacos el Gordo into my gps on my phone and it sent us here instead of the one on the strip that we were planning on going to. Area was just a little sketchy, no one in the place spoke English but they were all super nice and helped me with my order ;) We had 4 ea. carne asada tacos, 2 of the spicy pork tacos and one quesadilla. Food was all excellent, one of our best and cheapest meals in Las Vegas! I was wanted to try some of the more interesting offerings but was recovering from stomach flu before my trip and I just couldn't do it! Will try again next trip. Also saw them building another location North of the strip on 15.

• Visited April 2013
nyc
“Muy Delicioso!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a great spot to eat if you want to take a walk at the end of the strip. Who doesn't super cheap and fresh Mexican food for lunch. This place was packed with Mexican people so you know it was the real deal.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“The Real Deal - Family of five is satisfied for $28!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Kudos to my husband for tracking this gem down on Yelp. It was walking distance from our hotel but off the strip. You know when Mexicans are eating at a Mexican joint, it's authentic. They have a super simple menu and it's meat and cheese only, no chicken, er, pollo.

It's not on the menu but a plain cheese quesadilla is available for $2. omg it was awesome. They also have aqua fresca in all different flavors.

I tried to go there a second time in our 24 hour stay but we ran out of time.

• Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Get in line for the Adobada Tacos!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Adobada tacos with pineapple slices! Yummy local food. A bit greasy, but delicious authentic Mexican street food in a not fancy simple restaurant. A great break from the fancy stuff down the road. Walk off the guilt on the strip afterwards.

Visited March 2013