Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #20 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Honolulu, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Really nice hotel, very effcient and friendly staff. Walking distance to the strip and don't have to drive through the traffic on LV Blvd. "No casino" money lasted longer then usual. Weather was chilly which made the Spa in the room a luxery.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have stayed at Hilton grand vacation properties in several places (including another one in Las Vegas). They are always clean and comfortable and this one was as well. The room was big enough for my needs, though rather small by comparison to all of the others. This felt much more like a typical hotel room. The bathroom was particularly small.
The staff was fine. Friendly and helpful (though some of it felt forced).

My only real complaint was the internet service. It gets 5 Stars in the category of "Worst Ever Hotel Wifi".
On the day I arrived I needed to send a few emails, but after just 2-3 the system stopped sending. I tried several accounts to no avail.
I contacted the help line and, after waiting on hold, was greeted by someone who should definitely not have a job where "help" is part of the title. When I described my issue he decided immediately that I needed to change all of the settings on my email accounts. I explained that this seemed extreme as I stay in hotels frequently and never have this problem. He had no other thoughts (on this subject or, apparently, anything else). I decided not to take his advice. Thanks anyway, Bevis...

During my three day stay the email problem persisted and all other internet service was unpredictable as well. It appeared that they had things so tightly secured that you are more likely to get an error than anything else. I'm all for good internet security, but I think GOOGLE is a pretty safe sight to request (most often this would result in a "server not found" error).

Overall it was a good stay, but I can't recommend it for business travelers because of the internet/email problems.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a better view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NoScreenName1960
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding the internet service or the lack of. I have shared your review with our IT department and we will be looking into the problem. We certainly hope this was an isolated case and that it won’t happen again.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I personally hate reading reviews that go in depth about peoples TRIP experience...all i need to know is location/ rates/ room quality/ and amenities...right??

The Hilton Grand Vacations Suites is perfect! yes if you travel a lot to touristy areas you should be aware of resort fees on top of taxes and room rates. In Vegas resort fees on ALL hotels with casinos or NOT.. on the strip or NOT all have a resort fee ranging from 10$-25$...
My girlfriend and My family treated me to a vegas trip for my 22nd bday 10/31/2013- 11/02/2013
3 nights..and it was roughly 502$ i think...but rates for you may vary..whats important is that its reasonable to you, compared to other hotels.
Now to explain my title...
Yes the Hilton is located at theTOP and OFF of the strip
But there is a monorail that runs all the way up and down the strip but behind the hotel casinos of the strip..so you kind of have to walk into a hotel to get to the monorail thats behind the building out of sight if your on the strip...but its perfect because it stops every 50 yards give or take and runs frequently.
You'll never wait longer than 10 mins at one stop
...Now the Hilton is the very last stop or very 1st stop depending what direction you come from...but its great be cause literally you walkout of the hilton and walk 35 yards to the left or right and you will run into a monorail ...Hilton grand is smack dab in between 2 monorail stops.. so thats VERY convenient especially if you are a drinker or just don't want to waste gas. I believe it is 12$ for a 24 hour pass and 22$ for a 2 day pass and 29$ for 3 days... thats a good deal to me..week days it stops running at midnight i believe and weekends until 3am!

The hotel is VERY clean and cleaning crew are very professional and willing to help at anytime..there is no continental breakfast but there is a Starbucks and little deli with sandwiches muffins cookies gift shop sodas juices think of a classy 7/11. Beautiful pool with separate hot tub jacuzzi off to the side with chairs tables and open grilling area if desired.

the Bedrooms where very nice and up modernly up to date, plenty of cable channels.. our room had a great view of mountains, no dust, very new looking and feel, safe in the closet, clean bathroom..only con was the drain in our shower was a little slow on the draining side, so in the middle of showering you are somewhat dancing around in a large puddle...but no biggie your in the shower to get wet right ..
The bed itself was very soft, you just melt right into it ..clean sheets no random strands of hair..smelled fresh, microwave and mini fridge available.

this hotel is perfect for anyone who wants to have a wild time or nice time, but come back to a nice hotel without the craziness of the strip noise or foot traffic.

2 Thank abeddoe09
Eastvale, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a great place for those traveling with children. We three children, we typically need more space. The resort is clean, spacious and updated. With kids the kitchen comes in handy. I love the smoke and gambling free environment too! I highly recommend this resort.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

1 Thank Tarena C
east midlands - uk
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just back from an eleven night stay. Have to say it was very clean, very comfortable, and mostly very quiet. The one bedroom suites are large and more than adequate for a couple with two small children, but anything more would be a push. The studio suites are about the equivalent of a small/medium normal hotel room. There is no casino which was nice. The other Hilton hotel is close by if you feel the need.
There are two sides to the hotel which either face the road or the swimming pool. We stayed on the road side on the 14th floor, with a good view over eastern LV and the golf course next door. The traffic was audible but not a serious problem. It wasn't what I would call a busy road. I would guess the rooms facing the pool would generally be quieter.
The rooms have a kitchenette but I doubt they get much use. The only source of nearby food were either restaurants or the well-equipped shop downstairs which I would warn is not cheap, but fine for snacks or breakfast.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were comfortable but not overly plush or particularly modern.
In terms of location, it could be better and it is a taxi ride or nearby monorail ride from the central strip. Depends what you want. I did find the areas to the north of the hotel to be a bit lower in standard and didn't relish walking about at night time there.
Overall a good choice if you want a reasonable and quiet hotel away from the bustle of the strip.

Room Tip: Some road noise on the road side of the hotel, but not excessive.
1 Thank datacell
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I booked 2 bedroom and we are happy . Rooms are clean and well equipped feels like home
Pool renovation going on so bit noisy
It's off the strip but worth staying here if you want to feel like home
Monorail stop is about 10 min walk
Extra security need room key card to go up in elevator

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jon R
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I'll start by saying I like the hotel, and would agree with the majority of the many positives others have listed in earlier reviews. However, we arrived yesterday for a 3-day break to find the pool reing renovated (we were told 6-8 weeks is duration). This currently involves very noisy mechanical diggers breaking and removing the concrete surface, and it's right next to the front entrance, so we get it every time we walk in & out of hotel during the day. We had to cover our toddler's ears, it's so loud. We did get a room on quiet side and were told we could use LVH pool 10 mins away, but are disappointed that we weren't pre-warned about this planned work during the booking process. If you're not planning on coming and going much during the daylight hours of your stay this might not affect you much, but if like us, you'd intended to use the hotel as a base for short trips, it probably will. This brings it down from "excellent" rating to "average", IMHO.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Geoff T
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hello and thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that you are currently experiencing our pool renovation that started on Tuesday, Nov.14th. As I know this can be disappointing, please know that we picked the slowest time of the year to start this project. We did make accommodations for our guests to use our neighbor next door, LVH’s pool. Please let me know if we can be of assistance to you.

Jessica Dupont