“Our go-to place in Las Vegas”

Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #18 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Our go-to place in Las Vegas”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We always keep coming back here... I love this hotel! I've only stayed in the one-bedrooms (which have a separate bedroom and living room). The living room / dining area / kitchen are combined - they have a washer and dryer in the room as well (great if you have kids or don't want to pack a huge bag). One bedrooms have a FULL size refridgerator, dish washer, coffee maker, all the cookware you would want (except a cookie sheet or a 9X9 pan -- if you feel like baking).

I love that it's off the strip but a 3 minute walk to the monorail which will take you straight to the strip. It's quiet. Parking is perfect. The staff are beyond helpful and friendly. Our last stay we arrived around 10am (no traffic from LA) and they let us check in! I've tried this at strip hotels and they will hold your bags and "let" you come back around 4pm to check in.
My son (16 year old) LOVES this hotel because of the free wi-fi. He brings his X-box and sets it up in the living room and is good to go. If you have kids that do this, you will have to call the "tech support" number (which is on the info card by the phone) and have them turn on the tv to wi-fi. They are VERY helpful and it's super quick. Another bonus -- NO RESORT FEE!!!

The pool area is small, but very nice. They have a members area where you can use the pool table, borrow DVD's to watch in the room, computers to use. They have a mini-mart on the first floor which has the essentials for basically the same price as a grocery store.

I will always come back to this hotel -- it just feels like home and doesn't have the smoke smell lingering in the elevators that the strip hotels have. It's part of the Hilton Grand Vacations Time Share family - but they do NOT hard sell you. You get an "invitation" to talk to them, but that's it.

Room Tip: Any room is great. Pool side rooms will allow you a partial strip view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BlackVooduu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Orem, Utah
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was perfect--great price, great room, great service, great location, etc. It is a time-share property that acts as a regular hotel. The only drawback for my family was that it has no in-house restaurant, just a deli that is pretty good but not a restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gary W
Wetumpka, Alabama
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our first impressions of this place upon check-in was not good. We pulled up in a rental car to unload baggage while another car was unloading. So we pulled up next to them to set out our bags, but the "security guard" came running out yelling for us to move the car. "You can't block the driveway." So, I left the luggage in the middle of the driveway and moved the car. Don't think that made him too happy, either. But, when my wife told him to grab a suitcase, he was forced to help clear his precious drive.

When we checked into the room, we were first given a standard room. Upon getting into the room, I could immediately smell cigarette smoke. Since my wife and I are asthmatics, I went to the front desk to speak with the manager about moving us. He not only moved us, but he upgraded our room without hesitation.

The property is not far off of the strip, but it is quite away from the center of the strip. The monorail is available for riding to the strip from the station on Paradise St. or at the LVH next door. There is easy access to I-15 if one has travels other than the strip in mind.

The property has a Starbuck's Coffee Shop with some small food selections Not much else for food at the property.Work out room, game room, and nice pool.

Room Tip: Bedroom suites are nice. Ask for one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Overall, I liked this hotel and would have given them a 4-star rating but for one problem that I consider to be a serious issue that overall wasn't handled as well as it could have been. So, first, the negative: when I first went up to my room after checking in I found a maintenance man inside watching basketball on the TV. Though I was at first alarmed it became quickly clear that he did indeed work for the hotel. Still, off putting to say the least. He claimed to be doing a maintenance check, and even pretended to look at something in the bathroom before he left. He seemed embarrassed to be caught out, to his credit. I called down to the desk to ask about what had happened and was told that the guy was supposed to have been done much earlier, which is why they assigned me the room. OK, fine, stuff happens that shouldn't. What I'm not happy about is that nobody ever followed up with me. In the 100s and 100s of hotel nights I've had every once in a while something doesn't go quite as expected (something not in the room that should be there, or, once someone else already occupying the room when I walked in: stuff happens). In the better hotels, these little things get logged when you call the desk to inquire and someone follows up to make sure you are happy. That should have happened as, frankly, when you check into your room you really don't expect to find the staff watching TV, right? Not to mention, that it was a rather alarming moment. I wasn't expecting a freebie or anything, but rather some assurance that they have a system in place to control for events like this. It shouldn't have happened and if your system lets you down you need to fix it.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the place. I had a large 1bedroom that was nicely appointed and I found the location suited me well as I had business off strip so it was easy to get in and out of compared to some of the strip properties. I also liked the LVH casino next door, which was surprisingly pleasant. A downer is that I could clearly hear my neighbours through the connecting door. Another downer is that if you want to hit the mid strip the monorail is really not useful, so you're walking a lot or cabbing it. I walked from the Wynn and it isn't the most pleasant of walks and is not one I would want to do after dark.

I tried this place to check out a different suite hotel from my usual haunt, the Signature Suites and, frankly, the latter are a pretty big step above. Service is more attentive, the suites are more luxurious, and it is much more of a resort. I don't think I'll be returning to the Hilton any time soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank arf68
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback. I would really like to speak with you in regards to the incident and experience that occurred while you were staying with us. Please contact me at 702-946-9201. Thank you and I look forward to your call.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 26, 2013

When checking in to the hotel, I wanted to kick myself for not discovering this place for my past Vegas trips. Although this hotel is a timeshare property under Hilton, we didn't encounter any sales pitch during out two nights stay there.

We had a regular room instead of a suite, it comes with a queen sleeper sofa, which is a plus! A small kitchenette area and a fridge were also provided, I could stay here for a week.

I know Vegas has tons of lodging options, ranging from Mandarin Oriental/ Four Seasons to Motel 6/Knights Inn, heck, they even have Hooters Hotel down by the strip... This Hilton property really stands out in terms of quality and value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. Plenty of room, near Las Vegas Hilton,monorail, great price for 2 bedrooms. Clean and modern, good views of the city. Easy drive to the main strip, but far enough away to relax, Realy a good place with families, game room and nice outdoor pool.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank John W
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in the two bedroom unit and found that worked out well for our purposes. I was attending a trade show at the convention center so the location could not have been better. You have to expect to walk a lot regardless of where you stay, it's just part of being in Las Vegas.

I liked the fact that this hotel was off the strip. You could easily take advantage of the Monorail station at the LVH to get you whever you needed to go on the strip so you weren't totally isolated. At the same time you didn't feel the overwhelming pressure I find you get when you stay in the big casino/hotels on the strip. While you are in Vegas you get a little break at this location and feel more at home rather than at a carnival.

As well, the deli made great wraps, the staff was all friendly and eager to help. We are owners so we didn't have any of the pressure to purchase a time share so all in all it was a great place to stay and I'd definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business