Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #15 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was perfect--great price, great room, great service, great location, etc. It is a time-share property that acts as a regular hotel. The only drawback for my family was that it has no in-house restaurant, just a deli that is pretty good but not a restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gary W

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our first impressions of this place upon check-in was not good. We pulled up in a rental car to unload baggage while another car was unloading. So we pulled up next to them to set out our bags, but the "security guard" came running out yelling for us to move the car. "You can't block the driveway." So, I left the luggage in the middle of the driveway and moved the car. Don't think that made him too happy, either. But, when my wife told him to grab a suitcase, he was forced to help clear his precious drive.

When we checked into the room, we were first given a standard room. Upon getting into the room, I could immediately smell cigarette smoke. Since my wife and I are asthmatics, I went to the front desk to speak with the manager about moving us. He not only moved us, but he upgraded our room without hesitation.

The property is not far off of the strip, but it is quite away from the center of the strip. The monorail is available for riding to the strip from the station on Paradise St. or at the LVH next door. There is easy access to I-15 if one has travels other than the strip in mind.

The property has a Starbuck's Coffee Shop with some small food selections Not much else for food at the property.Work out room, game room, and nice pool.

Room Tip: Bedroom suites are nice. Ask for one.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Overall, I liked this hotel and would have given them a 4-star rating but for one problem that I consider to be a serious issue that overall wasn't handled as well as it could have been. So, first, the negative: when I first went up to my room after checking in I found a maintenance man inside watching basketball on the TV. Though I was at first alarmed it became quickly clear that he did indeed work for the hotel. Still, off putting to say the least. He claimed to be doing a maintenance check, and even pretended to look at something in the bathroom before he left. He seemed embarrassed to be caught out, to his credit. I called down to the desk to ask about what had happened and was told that the guy was supposed to have been done much earlier, which is why they assigned me the room. OK, fine, stuff happens that shouldn't. What I'm not happy about is that nobody ever followed up with me. In the 100s and 100s of hotel nights I've had every once in a while something doesn't go quite as expected (something not in the room that should be there, or, once someone else already occupying the room when I walked in: stuff happens). In the better hotels, these little things get logged when you call the desk to inquire and someone follows up to make sure you are happy. That should have happened as, frankly, when you check into your room you really don't expect to find the staff watching TV, right? Not to mention, that it was a rather alarming moment. I wasn't expecting a freebie or anything, but rather some assurance that they have a system in place to control for events like this. It shouldn't have happened and if your system lets you down you need to fix it.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the place. I had a large 1bedroom that was nicely appointed and I found the location suited me well as I had business off strip so it was easy to get in and out of compared to some of the strip properties. I also liked the LVH casino next door, which was surprisingly pleasant. A downer is that I could clearly hear my neighbours through the connecting door. Another downer is that if you want to hit the mid strip the monorail is really not useful, so you're walking a lot or cabbing it. I walked from the Wynn and it isn't the most pleasant of walks and is not one I would want to do after dark.

I tried this place to check out a different suite hotel from my usual haunt, the Signature Suites and, frankly, the latter are a pretty big step above. Service is more attentive, the suites are more luxurious, and it is much more of a resort. I don't think I'll be returning to the Hilton any time soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank arf68
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback. I would really like to speak with you in regards to the incident and experience that occurred while you were staying with us. Please contact me at 702-946-9201. Thank you and I look forward to your call.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director

Reviewed February 26, 2013

When checking in to the hotel, I wanted to kick myself for not discovering this place for my past Vegas trips. Although this hotel is a timeshare property under Hilton, we didn't encounter any sales pitch during out two nights stay there.

We had a regular room instead of a suite, it comes with a queen sleeper sofa, which is a plus! A small kitchenette area and a fridge were also provided, I could stay here for a week.

I know Vegas has tons of lodging options, ranging from Mandarin Oriental/ Four Seasons to Motel 6/Knights Inn, heck, they even have Hooters Hotel down by the strip... This Hilton property really stands out in terms of quality and value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Plenty of room, near Las Vegas Hilton,monorail, great price for 2 bedrooms. Clean and modern, good views of the city. Easy drive to the main strip, but far enough away to relax, Realy a good place with families, game room and nice outdoor pool.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank John W
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in the two bedroom unit and found that worked out well for our purposes. I was attending a trade show at the convention center so the location could not have been better. You have to expect to walk a lot regardless of where you stay, it's just part of being in Las Vegas.

I liked the fact that this hotel was off the strip. You could easily take advantage of the Monorail station at the LVH to get you whever you needed to go on the strip so you weren't totally isolated. At the same time you didn't feel the overwhelming pressure I find you get when you stay in the big casino/hotels on the strip. While you are in Vegas you get a little break at this location and feel more at home rather than at a carnival.

As well, the deli made great wraps, the staff was all friendly and eager to help. We are owners so we didn't have any of the pressure to purchase a time share so all in all it was a great place to stay and I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hilton on Karen Avenue and it's really just a typical hotel. Nothing special about it. If you are visiting the Strip do not stay here! It is hard to get to the strip. You must walk several blocks to get to the buses that run up and down the strip or take the monorail. The monorail works well in getting to the South end of the strip but the middle and North areas require lots of walking. For instance, we had a show at the Wynn and a taxi worked better because the monorail does not go near the Wynn. Good luck finding your way back from the Monorail station to the hotel, there are NO signs. It's not hard, they just need signs.

No tea in the rooms, rooms have thin walls, could hear other guests. Not really a resort, just another big box hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jkuchtaofmi
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, sorry to hear that you had a hard time getting to the strip, it’s a block away and very convenient for those that don’t like to deal with the traffic and the crowds on the strip. Cabs are available 24hrs a day and the monorail is a block down or you can walk over to the LVH and take it from there to make it more convenient. Since your convention was over at the Wynn, a cab would have been more convenient, definitely not a walk. Please feel to contact me directly should you decide to stay with us again.

Jessica Dupont